Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bruce Arians and his Arizona Cardinals accountability board - good read

chad72

Good thing Welker did not sign there or else he would have been crying every time he made Arians list and got called out. lol. :D

I don't know that I buy this being warranted.  Belicheck essentially tried to prove that he didn't need Welker last year, when Welker was in a contract year.  Prior to that, Welker was the focal point of their offense.

I don't have a man crush on Welker, but he is exceptional at what he did in NE.  I just see Belicheck trying to game the system and drive his value down when it was completely uncalled for.  All that guy ever did was give them 110+ catch seasons 5 out of the 6 years he was there.  Then, Belicheck tries to take him out early in a contract year?  For what?

If you're referring to the article of Welker not getting the ball from Manning, it was in direct reference to not running the right route.  As a receiver, a QB isn't going to throw you the ball if you're in the wrong place.  It's simple.  Why the Welker hate around here, I don't know.

I don't know that I buy this being warranted.  Belicheck essentially tried to prove that he didn't need Welker last year, when Welker was in a contract year.  Prior to that, Welker was the focal point of their offense.

I don't have a man crush on Welker, but he is exceptional at what he did in NE.  I just see Belicheck trying to game the system and drive his value down when it was completely uncalled for.  All that guy ever did was give them 110+ catch seasons 5 out of the 6 years he was there.  Then, Belicheck tries to take him out early in a contract year?  For what?

If you're referring to the article of Welker not getting the ball from Manning, it was in direct reference to not running the right route.  As a receiver, a QB isn't going to throw you the ball if you're in the wrong place.  It's simple.  Why the Welker hate around here, I don't know.

It was a joke. It was a lay up, I had to take it. :)

Bill was phasing him out last year because he turned down the Pats offer the previous off-season forcing the team to franchise him. I think Bill pretty much knew 2012 was his last season as a Pat and it was.

This is as Old School as Old School can get.  Ilike it that the older players like Abraham are somewhat 'taken aback' by this.  While I am more of an in your face one on one kind of a guy/coach (Arians is as well on the field) I think some of these things are a waste of time.  One step?  Fart in the huddle?   :funny:  :Nuke:  :huthut:

You cannot do this in Corporate America anymore, but you still can in the NFL.....lets see how the Cardinals do this year.  My guess is they will play their hearts out.!!  If nothing else, to stay off of the LIST.  :)  Loved this excerpt:

"I think Reggie put it the best last year — 'You don't want to be on that list,' " said Arians, the Indianapolis Colts' head coach last season, referring to Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne. "He had one bad day, very similar to Larry when we moved him into a new position, and he was up on there like seven times.

"He came into my office, livid. I said, 'Hey dude, you'll get off of it.' He said, 'I'm never going to be on it again.' I don't think he was. It's a pride factor."

It was a joke. It was a lay up, I had to take it. :)

Bill was phasing him out last year because he turned down the Pats offer the previous off-season forcing the team to franchise him. I think Bill pretty much knew 2012 was his last season as a Pat and it was.

You may call that a joke, but when you refer to a player as crying about something, you tend to suggest, on some level, that he's a whiner.  IMO, Welker isn't.  It's one of the few times Belicheck ego has gotten the better of him.

And to be honest, that motion set the wheels going for Welker to be a sure thing not to come back.  Prior to that, it was just money.  But after that, Welker didn't like the fact that Belicheck was basically making him out to be a bad guy.  Getting paid is what a profession is all about.  Welker deserved to.

Good thing Welker did not sign there or else he would have been crying every time he made Arians list and got called out. lol. :D

I have to admit it is kind of overkill at this point, I agree the comments he said a while back were unwarranted (even if they weren't a shot him, Cant be proven either way but as I said....unwarranted) but he is gone now, ya got to work with what ya got, focus on what ya got instead of what ya dont, ya got a good team in NE when all is healthy, focus on that

You may call that a joke, but when you refer to a player as crying about something, you tend to suggest, on some level, that he's a whiner.  IMO, Welker isn't.  It's one of the few times Belicheck ego has gotten the better of him.

And to be honest, that motion set the wheels going for Welker to be a sure thing not to come back.  Prior to that, it was just money.  But after that, Welker didn't like the fact that Belicheck was basically making him out to be a bad guy.  Getting paid is what a profession is all about.  Welker deserved to.

Welker is very replaceable, I see nothing wrong with NE thinking that. when healthy Danny Amendola has the talent to be better then Welker, Welker is a good player, That offense and Tom Brady made him better then he is however, I expect if Amendola stays healthy he puts up some pretty dang good numbers to

Don't want to rehash Welker all over again, you can refer to the "Welker yapping again thread" for all the fun debates. We all have our opinions but Welker is not a Patriot because he didn't want to be. Two contracts offered, two turned down. Time to turn the page but I just couldn't resist the reference here becasue Arians is calling out players similar to what Welker said bothered him about Belichick. :)

Welker is very replaceable, I see nothing wrong with NE thinking that. when healthy Danny Amendola has the talent to be better then Welker, Welker is a good player, That offense and Tom Brady made him better then he is however, I expect if Amendola stays healthy he puts up some pretty dang good numbers to

How often is Amendola healthy for an entire season?

I have to admit it is kind of overkill at this point, I agree the comments he said a while back were unwarranted (even if they weren't a shot him, Cant be proven either way but as I said....unwarranted) but he is gone now, ya got to work with what ya got, focus on what ya got instead of what ya dont, ya got a good team in NE when all is healthy, focus on that

It was a joke. Next time I will put extra smiley faces. :D  :D  :D

I agree. The Pats have a good team but we will see how things shake out soon enough. Less than one week to real football!

Welker comments on a topic regarding Bruce Arians, the Arizona Cardinals, and an accountability board?

Let's get this back on topic.  Personally, I don't like this approach.  I think it's too hard-nosed.  If I were to do it, I would either talk to the player at the positional meetings or at the offense/defense meetings.  I wouldn't call him out in front of everyone.  That can be very risky.  It could lead to players feeling contempt towards you and then not giving as much effort because no matter what they do, they'll be called out.  But if it's working for Arians, all the power to him

Arians has kind of a Rex Ryan sort of feel to him. I've never been as critical of Rex as others, so I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. But I do think that it can wear thin quick, and I think it has the potential to be a negative if things aren't going well. Arians is always well liked by his players, but he's never been the head coach for a full season, so maybe the relationships are a little different, and this is something he's doing to represent the dichotomy. Then again, the article says he's been doing this for 25 years, so maybe it's not new. But I don't remember hearing about it last season.

I'm certainly pulling for him. I hope Tom Moore rubs off on his offense in the right way, and I hope his players all buy in. He deserves a fair shot out there.

Arians has kind of a Rex Ryan sort of feel to him. I've never been as critical of Rex as others, so I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. But I do think that it can wear thin quick, and I think it has the potential to be a negative if things aren't going well. Arians is always well liked by his players, but he's never been the head coach for a full season, so maybe the relationships are a little different, and this is something he's doing to represent the dichotomy. Then again, the article says he's been doing this for 25 years, so maybe it's not new. But I don't remember hearing about it last season.

I'm certainly pulling for him. I hope Tom Moore rubs off on his offense in the right way, and I hope his players all buy in. He deserves a fair shot out there.

I think his biggest issue is not his boo boo lists but Carson Palmer as his Qb. If he can resurrect that guy then he may make the hall. lol. :D

I think his biggest issue is not his boo boo lists but Carson Palmer as his Qb. If he can resurrect that guy then he may make the hall. lol. :D

Palmer was decent, statistically, last season. It's not like his arm has fallen off and he just can't make throws or read defenses or anything like that. He just hasn't been the kind of guy that makes his team a contender, not lately. I have more questions about Philip Rivers right now than I do Carson Palmer.

Palmer was decent, statistically, last season. It's not like his arm has fallen off and he just can't make throws or read defenses or anything like that. He just hasn't been the kind of guy that makes his team a contender, not lately. I have more questions about Philip Rivers right now than I do Carson Palmer.

Palmer has never quite seemed the same since the knee surgery. I think it is quite a drop off for Arians to go from Ben to Luck to Palmer but we will see.

Rivers is a paradox. Not sure what happened to him. I would like to blame it on Norv Turner excpet Turner is a heck of an OC. He lost his confidence a couple of seasons ago and has never regained it. I think his second half against the Broncos last year on Monday night was about the worst football I have ever seen him play. To somehow squander a 24 point lead in 30 minutes was stunning.

Palmer will excel in the Arians long-ball game.  The man can get the ball downfield....or can he?

My philosophy is he with take such a beating he will be out by week 4 due to injury.  Those 5-7 step drops that dropped Andrew last year....there is nooooo way Palmer escapes.  Palmer absorbs the hit.

wc54-ambulance.jpg

Palmer has never quite seemed the same since the knee surgery. I think it is quite a drop off for Arians to go from Ben to Luck to Palmer but we will see.

Rivers is a paradox. Not sure what happened to him. I would like to blame it on Norv Turner excpet Turner is a heck of an OC. He lost his confidence a couple of seasons ago and has never regained it. I think his second half against the Broncos last year on Monday night was about the worst football I have ever seen him play. To somehow squander a 24 point lead in 30 minutes was stunning.

No question Palmer is no Roethlisberger or Luck. For his sake, I hope Tom Moore has some serious influence over the passing concepts in that offense. I haven't watched much of the Cardinals in preseason, so I don't know. But Palmer isn't a guy who is going to hold on to the ball or try to scramble to avoid getting hit. He'll get rid of it. He doesn't have that tough guy DNA like Ben, and I don't mean that as an insult.

Turner really helped Rivers. I don't know if his arm is coming apart because of his weird throwing motion, or if he just needs a more rigid passing offense (Turner's offense is a lot like Arians', except he throws to the backs a lot more, and without Tomlinson or Sproles, Rivers has kind of come undone). I think McCoy and Whisenhunt (who is well versed in the Coryell offense himself) make a good duo, and if Rivers can still play, he'll look better this year than he has in recent years.