Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster moves.

Balzer40

Matthews...been there/done that.

I was hoping to see what Ollie Ogbu can do.

No we haven't been there/done that. He was a rookie last year who showed good progress at the end of the season. He also put on a lot of weight that didn't seem to slow him down in the preseason, so, saying been there/done that is pretty silly.

I do agree with you, however, on Ogbu I liked what I saw from him. As much as I hate to say it, it's probably only a matter of time until we do get to see what he can do, given our history with injuries.

No we haven't been there/done that. He was a rookie last year who showed good progress at the end of the season. He also put on a lot of weight that didn't seem to slow him down in the preseason, so, saying been there/done that is pretty silly.

I do agree with you, however, on Ogbu I liked what I saw from him. As much as I hate to say it, it's probably only a matter of time until we do get to see what he can do, given our history with injuries.

Thank you, I was going to say exactly the same thing. I had high hopes for both after watching them in pre-season.

Frankly I would have preferred that either one take Fosters place on the roster initially - so I personally don't consider his being IRed to be any more of a step backwards than were Brackett's or Bullitt's. All three moves cost us depth by may ultimately improve the team.

And this is coming from a Rutgers fan in NJ, who has seen the RU group of three reduced to one. Very sad, but for the best.

Now Ijalana is a different matter. Just depressing.

I was hoping they'd bring back Art Donovan for the defensive line.

rotfl Can you IMAGINE our Peyton led offense playing along with the modern day equivalent of Bubba Smith, Mike Curtis, Rick Volk, Jerry Logan etal. The 68 Colts almost went unbeaten because of the defense, the 09 Colts almost unbeaten because of the offense. Both one game short of winning it all.

OK, back to reality. t-h-u-d

why triplet?? why not caldwell or johnson??!! and who is ojinnaka? Toudouze isn't going to do any better....

also saw his tweet about tryon being signed by the giants...

because if we cut Caldwell or Johnson then we would need to replace them in the secondary as we would be down to two safeties and four CBs.

I like Matthews. Not the greatest player but he plays with heart and can make some plays.

The D frustrates me. It seems that no matter what they do, nothing changes. Scheme, coaching, or players? tough one.

I do too I think he just got caught in a numbers crunch at the end of the pre-season.

Thank you, I was going to say exactly the same thing. I had high hopes for both after watching them in pre-season.

Frankly I would have preferred that either one take Fosters place on the roster initially - so I personally don't consider his being IRed to be any more of a step backwards than were Brackett's or Bullitt's. All three moves cost us depth by may ultimately improve the team.

And this is coming from a Rutgers fan in NJ, who has seen the RU group of three reduced to one. Very sad, but for the best.

Now Ijalana is a different matter. Just depressing.

I agree...I'm not one to ever wish an injury on anyone but the defensive players we've lost to IR could very well end up improving the team. We need to get Nevis and Moala back though.

I'm actually very curious to see Mathews...someone posted a link that said he's been doing a lot of weight lifting and is up to 315 lbs now. Any confirmation on this?

Unfortunately Matthews (like too many Colts DT's) seems to play on skates and when the ball is snapped, he goes backwards.

Obgu, although not getting a lot of push up the middle, was hard to push off the line; even when double teamed, he was like a fire-hydrant. He has a very high motor but did seem to get tired quickly and start playing like the average Colts DT. I wondered if it was conditioning or if he was trying too hard to impress the coaches and just needs to pace himself.

The problem is he was playing against 3rd and 4th stringers during the preseason; I was hoping he would get some time against better competition but he never did. He might get in there and play like a scrub; if that happened, couldn't he simply be put back on the practice squad?

I agree...I'm not one to ever wish an injury on anyone but the defensive players we've lost to IR could very well end up improving the team. We need to get Nevis and Moala back though.

I'm actually very curious to see Mathews...someone posted a link that said he's been doing a lot of weight lifting and is up to 315 lbs now. Any confirmation on this?

That was me - the last time we were talking about which DT position he should play haha. Unfortunately I've never seen it referenced elsewhere.