Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yes this is very early, but I was thinking, why not?  To me it would us being a matter of being in the 20's ( making playoffs) and selecting the BPA 

1st: Bradley Roby-  it would be scary to see a secondary of Davis, Roby, Toler ( in the slot), Bethea and Landry

2nd: David Yankey- Would already be a huge upgrade over Mcglynn and may be good if Thornton can't seem to get 100%

3rd: Ra'Shede Hageman- Redding is getting up there in age and could be a good replacement, until then, he would be a good versatile player on the D-line

5:  Chris Borland- can come in as a replacement for Angerer or Conner ( if either or both leave)

6: Sean Parker- Good hard hitting safety to be useful on ST.

7: L'Damian Washington- HWS guy ( 6'4 who runs a 4.39) and can be developed.

Bradley Roby is the best CB in the draft a better prospect then Milliner. He's a definite  top 10 pick possibly top 5 if a team like the Panthers, Lions,Chargers are choosing that high,we won't be able to get him. Louchiez Purifoy the 2nd best CB will most likely be gone as well top 15 pick, Aaron Colvin or Justin Gilbert should be there in the 20's both 1st round talent.

When I look at the list of Indy's FAs for next season it makes me wonder what the positions of need are going to be. I can't make heads or tails of it because Grigs is going to have some $$ to spend as well... We might see quite a bit of turnover or we might re-sign a bunch of our own guys...

That being said, I really can't argue with Bradley Roby... it doesn't look like he will be there now, but players drop every year... look at the early threads from a year ago when everybody was clamoring for R.Woods on here.... by the time draft got close, he wasn't on very many of our mocks... Whether we re-sign Vontae or not, Roby would look good in blue... 

I think Hageman may end up being a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.

A guy to keep your eye on in the 3rd round is Henry Anderson from Stanford. He is 6'6" 280 lbs and runs in the 4.7s range 40. He is a guy with height and speed that can get a pass rush and alter throws/bat passes down with his length.

In the first, I would look at Cyril Richardson OT Baylor (massive lineman to play right guard) or even trading up for Sammy Watkins WR Clemson.

Anthony Barr | 6'4, 248 pounds | Outside Linebacker | UCLA are . Daniel McCullers | 6'6, 377 pounds | Defensive Tackle | Tennessee be a beast.

Kenny Cain, ILB, TCU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2013): FA.

4/24/13: Cain played well for TCU in 2012. The senior had been a backup to Tank Carder and Tanner Brock earlier in his career. Cain had 86 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss, two interceptions and four passes broken up. He will have to move to outside linebacker in the NFL. Cain filled in for Brock in 2011 after an injury and totaled 72 tackles, four passes broken up and an interception he has speed  and size.

I think Hageman may end up being a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.

A guy to keep your eye on in the 3rd round is Henry Anderson from Stanford. He is 6'6" 280 lbs and runs in the 4.7s range 40. He is a guy with height and speed that can get a pass rush and alter throws/bat passes down with his length.

In the first, I would look at Cyril Richardson OT Baylor (massive lineman to play right guard) or even trading up for Sammy Watkins WR Clemson.

I would love to pick up Sammy Watkins. The dude is a game wrecker for opposing defences. Imagine having both him and TY on the field, at the same time. Scary. Only problem is that I don't think he makes it out of the top 15.

As for trading up, we are already without a 4th next year, and we have too many holes to fill to make the trade. IMHO of course.

Bradley Roby is the best CB in the draft a better prospect then Milliner. He's a definite  top 10 pick possibly top 5 if a team like the Panthers, Lions,Chargers are choosing that high,we won't be able to get him. Louchiez Purifoy the 2nd best CB will most likely be gone as well top 15 pick, Aaron Colvin or Justin Gilbert should be there in the 20's both 1st round talent.

Remember when David Amerson was a clear top 5 pick? yeah...things change.

Too early for me to plug in names......

But, as of late August, my early 2014 Colts Draft Priority list would look something like this....

1.   Pass Rush

2.   Wide Receiver

3.   Highest rated DB on the board (corner or safety, with preference being safety)

4.   Traded for Hughes

5.   BPA 

6.   BPA

7.   BPA

7.   BPA

** The extra 7 is in the Shipley deal...   though it's possible we still only have one if we traded a #7 for Gordy last year?

Too early for me to plug in names......

But, as of late August, my early 2014 Colts Draft Priority list would look something like this....

1.   Pass Rush

2.   Wide Receiver

3.   Highest rated DB on the board (corner or safety, with preference being safety)

4.   Traded for Hughes

5.   BPA 

6.   BPA

7.   BPA

7.   BPA

** The extra 7 is in the Shipley deal...   though it's possible we still only have one if we traded a #7 for Gordy last year?

Hmm...at this point I think I'd put OL at #1 and bump the rest down a spot.  

Hmm...at this point I think I'd put OL at #1 and bump the rest down a spot.  

I could agree to that, but only if at the end of this year,  Thornton and Holmes don't pan out, and Thomas and Chelious under-perform....

Otherwise, I think we'll be OK there in the long-run if we're patient....

Grigson is a former OL....  I have confidence he has an eye for talent there....

I could agree to that, but only if at the end of this year,  Thornton and Holmes don't pan out, and Thomas and Chelious under-perform....

Otherwise, I think we'll be OK there in the long-run if we're patient....

Grigson is a former OL....  I have confidence he has an eye for talent there....

as do I, but it would be nice to have great starters plus high quality depth.  Most have assumed that Holmes and Thornton were drafted to be eventual starters, but if a Chance Warmack type falls to us in the 2014 draft I have no problem getting that guy in the first round and making thornton a high quality (hopefully) backup.  Same would go for the C and LG positions with Holmes and Thomas respectively.  

• 2 weeks later...

Rb Georgia gurley would be my pick so far or maybe tuitt de Norte dame

Only quoting this for the players mentioned, I saw Gurley for the first time last night and thought he looked great, but he's only a sophmore and won't be eligible for the next draft. As for Tuitt, he's my favorite pick for our position at this point, with the possibility of falling because he won't post superhuman combine numbers (so?). Also, I like Henry Anderson from Stanford as a 2-3rd round pick. But as we all know, a lot can change in a year.

Louis Nix-Nose Tackle-1
Stephon Tuitt-3-4 DE Stanford-2
Cameron Mosley-3-4 OLB Alabama-3
Gabe Jackson-OG Miss State-4
Trent Murphy-OLB/DE Stanford-5
Sammy Watkins-WR Clemson-6
Jordan Matthews-WR-7
Khalil Mack-OLB San Jose State-8
Aaron Lynch DE/OLB South Florida-9
Jason Verrett-CB TCU-10
Clinton Dix-FS Alabama-11
Kyle Van Noy-OLB Brigham Young-12
Donte Montcrief-WR Ole Miss-13
Aaron Colvin-CB Oklahoma-14
Antone Exum CB Virginia Tech-15
Adrian Hubbard-OLB Alabama-16
Seatrel Henderson-OT Miami-17
Taylor Hart-DE Oregon-18
Ben Gordon-Stanford DE-19
Cody Hoffman-WR Brigham Young-20
Devin Street-WR Pittsburgh-21
Jared Abbrederis-WR-Wisconsin-22
Andrew Jackson-ILB-Western Kentucky-23
Max Bullough-ILB-Michigan State-24
Chris Borland-ILB-Wisconsin-25
Travis Swanson-Center-Arkansas-26
Anthony Barr-OLB-UCLA-27
Tre Mason-RB-Auburn-28 (later round change of pace Back if we let Brown go which seems the likely scenario and depending on Williams development)
Malcolm Murray-WR Georgia-29
Austen Hill-WR-Arizona-30
Matt Miller-WR-Boise State-31
Andre Dubose-WR-Florida-32
Jaz Reynolds-WR-Oklahoma-33
Ed Reynolds-S-Stanford-34

Are just some of the guys I am going to try study that will go in various rounds

(Nobody flip out if you dont see a big name on there, I either missed them or think unless something unforseen happens we wont get a shot at some players (wr's).

Your #2 guy....   Stephon Tuitt,  is actually a Notre Dame guy and not a Stanford guy.

Also...    I love Trent Murphy and hope he gets picked by the colts in either the first or second round...  

Reynolds has another year of eligibility after this one...   it's just not clear yet if he'll use it...    we won't know until just before he has to declare in Mid-January....

Hope that helps....

Lots and lots of NFL talent on the Stanford roster....   but we can save that for another day and another thread....

Louis Nix-Nose Tackle-1
Stephon Tuitt-3-4 DE Stanford-2
Cameron Mosley-3-4 OLB Alabama-3
Gabe Jackson-OG Miss State-4
Trent Murphy-OLB/DE Stanford-5
Sammy Watkins-WR Clemson-6
Jordan Matthews-WR-7
Khalil Mack-OLB San Jose State-8
Aaron Lynch DE/OLB South Florida-9
Jason Verrett-CB TCU-10
Clinton Dix-FS Alabama-11
Kyle Van Noy-OLB Brigham Young-12
Donte Montcrief-WR Ole Miss-13
Aaron Colvin-CB Oklahoma-14
Antone Exum CB Virginia Tech-15
Adrian Hubbard-OLB Alabama-16
Seatrel Henderson-OT Miami-17
Taylor Hart-DE Oregon-18
Ben Gordon-Stanford DE-19
Cody Hoffman-WR Brigham Young-20
Devin Street-WR Pittsburgh-21
Jared Abbrederis-WR-Wisconsin-22
Andrew Jackson-ILB-Western Kentucky-23
Max Bullough-ILB-Michigan State-24
Chris Borland-ILB-Wisconsin-25
Travis Swanson-Center-Arkansas-26
Anthony Barr-OLB-UCLA-27
Tre Mason-RB-Auburn-28 (later round change of pace Back if we let Brown go which seems the likely scenario and depending on Williams development)
Malcolm Murray-WR Georgia-29
Austen Hill-WR-Arizona-30
Matt Miller-WR-Boise State-31
Andre Dubose-WR-Florida-32
Jaz Reynolds-WR-Oklahoma-33
Ed Reynolds-S-Stanford-34

Are just some of the guys I am going to try study that will go in various rounds

(Nobody flip out if you dont see a big name on there, I either missed them or think unless something unforseen happens we wont get a shot at some players (wr's).

Your #2 guy....   Stephon Tuitt,  is actually a Notre Dame guy and not a Stanford guy.

Also...    I love Trent Murphy and hope he gets picked by the colts in either the first or second round...  

Reynolds has another year of eligibility after this one...   it's just not clear yet if he'll use it...    we won't know until just before he has to declare in Mid-January....

Hope that helps....

Lots and lots of NFL talent on the Stanford roster....   but we can save that for another day and another thread....

Oops on the Tuitt mishap