Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Away game experiences?

FightLikeSin

Yep. I've seen enough Lombardis in the East and North. Hopefully it will be in the AFC South again this year. But I pray that it is not with the Titans lol. That is the one team I would absolutely hate to see win the SB in the South. The Jaguars aren't anywhere close so I guess that leaves the two of us lol.

The titans,why?I think locker is too erratic to make such a push anyway.He's either great or horrible.But their o-line is much improved,so its gonna be tough stopping their backs.The texans two main flaws are at quarterback and safety(is ed reed even healthy?).If you guys had a quarterback like luck,then you would be almost unbeatable.This is why i strongly urge you to trade for kirk cousins.

Over the years, we have a group that has gone to several away games - San Diego, San Fran, Carolina, Tennessee, Detroit, Cincy, Green Bay, New England, KC & Atlanta.  I actually prefer going to road games for precisely the reason that Kevin suggests.  I like being in the minority and walking out with a W.

Of those games you mentioned, the Titans game is the best in my mind.  First off Nashville is a great town - impossible to not have a good time in, no matter the game's outcome.  The live music there is really cool.  Plus, there will be a large contingent of Colts fans as well.

We went to the game last year and saw the Colts fans bus. We plan on going to the Thursday night game this year.

The titans,why?I think locker is too erratic to make such a push anyway.He's either great or horrible.But their o-line is much improved,so its gonna be tough stopping their backs.The texans two main flaws are at quarterback and safety(is ed reed even healthy?).If you guys had a quarterback like luck,then you would be almost unbeatable.This is why i strongly urge you to trade for kirk cousins.

You won't find many a person in Houston who likes the Titans. As far as our flaws go, Reed may have a lot of rest towards the beginning of the season, so we will have the stud S Swearinger in the game. Kubiak wants to make sure Ed is well rested for the playoffs and for the Patriots games, when we will need him the most. I am not convinced that Cousins is the guy we need as Kubiak would have nabbed him up, but as another poster has pointed out before, he has the right tools to exceed in our offense. I'd rather put Yates at the helm at this point, though.

This season is going to be experienced a little differently for me, but that is a good thing. Usually i'll go see about 4 games at Lucas Oil and the rest I watch from a local BW3's with some friends. This year however, I've made it a personal goal to go see more games Away than at Home. So far, I have tickets for the following games : 

SEA vs IND - Lucas Oil

CHI at WAS - FedEx Field (Visiting my brother for his b-day in VA that week. He's a Bears fan...I might have to wear a different shade of blue :( )

IND at TEN - LP Field

IND at CIN - Paul Brown Stadium

All in all...i'm way excited to go visit some other stadiums. I've never been to another NFL stadium besides RCA dome/Lucas Oil. 

Does anyone else plan on seeing the Colts play in another venue this year?

Obviously KC for me, but we're making the trip to San Fran to catch that one too. Hoping someday to catch a game at Lucas Oil. 

I've been to Cincy, DC, Pittsburgh and Nashville.  Nashville was probably the best - nice stadium, friendly fans and fun town.  Cincy is a nice stadium, but not a lot to do downtown without going across to KY (although, it looks like it's improving).  DC was ok, but it's in the middle of nowhere, so you are left to tailgating for any pre-game partying (they don't let you hang out after).  Pittsburgh sucked - stadium is crappy, downtown was crappy, fans were crappy...

Left every one of them with a win, which greatly improved the experience in ALL cases.

No way man.  Wear your Colts gear.  That in and of itself can be great fun.

A few years ago I went to a preseason Battle of the Bay.  I wore a Manning home jersey.  The BotB can get pretty rough. No love lost between OAK and SF. (ill will + hurt feelings) inebriation = Fights.  Fights everywhere.

But not for me.  People were really cool, for the most part.

I got about a dozen versions of, "Are you lost?"

I got a few people who would say a snide comment about the Colts, followed immediately by, "Naw, but Peyton Manning is a great quarterback though."

I got more than a few, "You are the only smart person here!"

Good times.

No way. I refuse to be "that guy". Saw someone wearing a Tim Tebow Bronco's jersey a couple years back at Lucas Oil when we played the Texans...I just couldn't think of a reason as to why someone would wear a jersey to a game that had nothing to do with the team/player. 

You won't find many a person in Houston who likes the Titans. As far as our flaws go, Reed may have a lot of rest towards the beginning of the season, so we will have the stud S Swearinger in the game. Kubiak wants to make sure Ed is well rested for the playoffs and for the Patriots games, when we will need him the most. I am not convinced that Cousins is the guy we need as Kubiak would have nabbed him up, but as another poster has pointed out before, he has the right tools to exceed in our offense. I'd rather put Yates at the helm at this point, though.

Playoffs? Your talking playoffs? Are you kiddin me, playoffs? haha, in July?

The jag fans are the worst...absolutely no refinement and very crude.But,i also dislike florida anyway.

Yes,i think cousins is the perfect choice for houston and would instantly make houston a dynasty contender.You should learn more about him and form your own conclusions.Have you ever heard him talk or breakdown plays?His football knowledge is equal to luck and he's even more charismatic.

The jag fans are the worst...absolutely no refinement and very crude.But,i also dislike florida anyway.

Yes,i think cousins is the perfect choice for houston and would instantly make houston a dynasty contender.You should learn more about him and form your own conclusions.Have you ever heard him talk or breakdown plays?His football knowledge is equal to luck and he's even more charismatic.

Florida's a beautiful state man, I've been there twice and might go again sometime this year or next. But yeah, Jaguars suck, but I have never interacted with any fans of theirs so I'm not sure how to compare them to Tennessee fans.

You really like Cousins huh lol. Idk, he seems like a smart guy and is the prototypical QB, but we have too many QBs as is at camp right now anyway. Our fellow poster Krunk mentioned that Kubiak is giving high praise to Case, who is a hometown boy and who is impressing so far. So we'll see. But from what I've seen of Cousins so far, not bad. At the same time though, if his football I.Q. is really superb as you say and with his size and intangibles, I think he would have gone sooner than he did. But we'll see how things play out I suppose.

Spartan fan?

Florida's a beautiful state man, I've been there twice and might go again sometime this year or next. But yeah, Jaguars suck, but I have never interacted with any fans of theirs so I'm not sure how to compare them to Tennessee fans.

You really like Cousins huh lol. Idk, he seems like a smart guy and is the prototypical QB, but we have too many QBs as is at camp right now anyway. Our fellow poster Krunk mentioned that Kubiak is giving high praise to Case, who is a hometown boy and who is impressing so far. So we'll see. But from what I've seen of Cousins so far, not bad. At the same time though, if his football I.Q. is really superb as you say and with his size and intangibles, I think he would have gone sooner than he did. But we'll see how things play out I suppose.

His football intangibles are off the charts and he honestly is equal to luck in this regard,but he's not as gifted as andrew.I compare cousins to joe montana(no,i'm not saying as good,but he just reminds me).The team that pulls the trigger(trade) on cousins willnot regret doing so.In fact,my second choice,other than luck would be him(cousins).It was a travesty that he went in the forth round,and even more being selected by washington.Did you know he's already writing books?He's also created food foundations.

I'm not too familiar with case...to be honest.

His football intangibles are off the charts and he honestly is equal to luck in this regard,but he's not as gifted as andrew.I compare cousins to joe montana(no,i'm not saying as good,but he just reminds me).The team that pulls the trigger(trade) on cousins willnot regret doing so.In fact,my second choice,other than luck would be him(cousins).It was a travesty that he went in the forth round,and even more being selected by washington.Did you know he's already writing books?He's also created food foundations.

I'm not too familiar with case...to be honest.

Case is the college football leader in passing yards and TDs. He also threw for 5,000 yards in 3 seasons and is a bit undersized but Wilson and Brees have proven that smaller guys can play lol. He also went undrafted, so take it as you will, but the potential is there too. I would like to see more out of both he and Cousins but that's hard with each team's respective field generals being solid starters. Another thing is I don't see Washington letting him go as Shanahan drafted him to play in his offense as he is best suited for it.

Case is the college football leader in passing yards and TDs. He also threw for 5,000 yards in 3 seasons and is a bit undersized but Wilson and Brees have proven that smaller guys can play lol. He also went undrafted, so take it as you will, but the potential is there too. I would like to see more out of both he and Cousins but that's hard with each team's respective field generals being solid starters. Another thing is I don't see Washington letting him go as Shanahan drafted him to play in his offense as he is best suited for it.

I'll put it this way...there's a reason RG3 is rushing back to the line-up,because if he misses too many games at the start of the season,he knows cousins may overtake him.Question:Will rg3 be ready at the start of the season?

I'll put it this way...there's a reason RG3 is rushing back to the line-up,because if he misses too many games at the start of the season,he knows cousins may overtake him.Question:Will rg3 be ready at the start of the season?

Nah, Griffin was picked at number two for a reason. He is only rushing back because he knows his value to his team and if you've heard interviews and watched games he is a big competitor. We saw the same thing with A.D. and Suggs. Guys don't like missing games, period. I think Griffin will be ready by week one, and if not I would be surprised if he missed any further than week 3.

RG3    2nd pick in the NFL draft.

Kirk Cousins....    picked in the 3rd round by the SAME TEAM THAT TOOK RG3.

I don't care how ANYONE spins this one...    Shanny did NOT trust this guy...  (RG)

One does not take a QB in the 3rd after you take one SECOND overall...  

BUT Shanny did...  ;)

And honestly, right now he is looking pretty dang smart for covering his butt.

I think RG3 has the role of "team QB" for at least this year.

But if thing go south.   ???      No running game, no Al Morris, no easy screens, and a HEALTHY GARCON...    hehehee ..

Lets see Rob Griffin carry a team in the NFL.       

Luck did it...    Wilson did it...  kinda..         RG3???? 

I went to a game in nashville. The girls were nice. We were waiting for the shuttle to come and take us to the stadium. I had on a Colts t shirt and noticed a cute girl across the street with a manning jersey on. She had noticed me too and we smiled at each other. She mouthed the word 'hi' to me so I kind of tilted my head to the side and mouthed 'hey' back to her.

By that time, my fiance who was standing a few feet away with some friends, came over and looked at her and said 'hes taken' . We walk away and she's like 'what were you doing flirting with her' and I tried to explain that I was just being friendly and that we were both Colt fans. Women.

Oh man that's hilarious!

This season is going to be experienced a little differently for me, but that is a good thing. Usually i'll go see about 4 games at Lucas Oil and the rest I watch from a local BW3's with some friends. This year however, I've made it a personal goal to go see more games Away than at Home. So far, I have tickets for the following games : 

SEA vs IND - Lucas Oil

CHI at WAS - FedEx Field (Visiting my brother for his b-day in VA that week. He's a Bears fan...I might have to wear a different shade of blue :( )

IND at TEN - LP Field

IND at CIN - Paul Brown Stadium

All in all...i'm way excited to go visit some other stadiums. I've never been to another NFL stadium besides RCA dome/Lucas Oil. 

Does anyone else plan on seeing the Colts play in another venue this year?

I live in Nashville, TN and work for a radio station that covers sports, including the Titans so I should be getting tickets when the Colts come to town for Thursday night! I'll be sporting my Blue Luck Jersey!

Air Force stationed me in Omaha, NE so I went to the Colts @ KC games and they we're awesome.

Now I'm stationed in NW Florida (Hurlburt Field) and intend on going to the Colts @ Houston game, tickets don't go on sale till the 25th though. Anyone want to meet up out there before the game and tailgate?

Also considering the Jacksonville game if anyone wants to go to that.

I live in Nashville, TN and work for a radio station that covers sports, including the Titans so I should be getting tickets when the Colts come to town for Thursday night! I'll be sporting my Blue Luck Jersey!

I'll look for you lol. How many Colts fans usually show up at LP?

Long time reader first time poster. I've gone to a lot of Colts games at the old RCA and the new LOS, but this year I'm going to my first away Colts game at Arrowhead on Dec. 22. Just wondering if anyone has ever been there and what I should expect. Any places or things I need to check out in KC? Thanks in advance.