Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings stadium: Roof is 'self-cleaning.

HarassedOffTheSite

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23259215/vikings-stadium-bird-droppings-roof-is-self-cleaning?source=rss

It's going to be a great stadium -- either the best or one of the best stadiums in the NFL, no doubt. It's going to have a great fan experience. It's going to have seats closer to the field than any other stadium. Some of our suites will be closer than any other stadium's suites to game action. A huge piece was the game day experience. The other pieces that make it a special experience are the indoor-outdoor experience with the roof that has ETFE (see-through) polymer covering half the stadium.

I'm pulling for them to get it done. I don't want to see them lose the Vikings to Los Angeles and their brutally corrupt stadium building charlie foxtrot.

"There's a basin that catches the snow and prevents it from going down to the street. It slides off the roof into a gutter, essentially, and it breaks up from there. It will be very safe."

How about a roof that is anti-collapsing?  haha 

MetrodomeRoofCollapse2.jpg

86054_metrodome-collapse.jpg

The Vikings stadium is referred to as the Mall Of America Field. How come Jack Daniels Whiskey never wants to pay for a super strong roof & put their logo up there? Great for GoodYear Blimp NFL ariel shots during the regular season & beer sales/alcohol sales by ticket holders helps pay for a lot of stadium upkeep & maintenance. Just thinking outloud...

jack-daniels-whiskey-tennessee.jpg

Sounds pretty sweet, the 1 thing about Lucas Oil Stadium I hate is the shadows...

Maybe Jim Irsay is catering to the villain clientele of the DC Comics & Marvel Stan Lee fictional world who are enormous Colts fans & really detest sunlight...Just Kidding! Seriously jshipp23, you are right though. Depending where the sun is, the LOS shadows can make watching the play on the field a very challenging experience. No argument there. 

Maybe Jim Irsay is catering to the villain clientele of the DC Comics & Marvel Stan Lee fictional world who are enormous Colts fans & really detest sunlight...Just Kidding! Seriously jshipp23, you are right though. Depending where the sun is, the LOS shadows can make watching the play on the field a very challenging experience. No argument there. 

I would assume it effects the receivers coming in and out of the sun and seeing the ball too, much like fly balls in baseball...I guess it can be an advantage for us as we are used to it and opposing teams have to adjust because it is unlike any other stadium in this aspect....

Really the Vikings old stadium the Metrodome has really had it. And it is at least nice they are getting a new stadium!

The 1 thing I will say about the NFL, both the owners & the players association is that both entities realize that no city can fall through the cracks with an outdated field, obsolete facility, or rundown weight rooms & film rooms because they realize that even your weakest team financially must be reliant, self sufficient, & have the ability to generate more revenue vs overhead expenses to make a comfortable profit. I don't agree that every NFL team deserves a new stadium though. Mandatory upgrades is 1 thing; a state of the art facility with the hottest technological devices displayed throughout is quite another. 

There are countless citizens in a state that cannot afford to buy a game ticket & therefore a new stadium never directly benefits everybody in that community but taxpayer dollars from all working citizens is used to pay for it & don't get me started on antitrust statutes that corporations/stadium owners get special privileges/loopholes financially from that the lone civilian does not. 

• Lack of a new stadium DOES affect everyone in a state..especialy Minnesota which has little tourism compared to other major cities....

Minnesoapolis could have lost the Vikings without a new stadium...losing the toursit dollars and jobs in and arpound the stadium.

You have to consider that.

For the record, a new stadium also means temporary construction jobs, new luxury tax revenue and uszually lower operauing expenses due to updated technology (utilities, maintenence) from what was used the time the last stadium was built...

If their roof honestly does clean itself, it needs to have a conversation with my oven...

LOL! Thank you for the witty & clever humor Buck. It was priceless man! And BTW, for the cleaning roof to operate properly, does it need a special white grease foam to be applied first? Only Kidding!  

• Lack of a new stadium DOES affect everyone in a state..especialy Minnesota which has little tourism compared to other major cities....

Minnesoapolis could have lost the Vikings without a new stadium...losing the toursit dollars and jobs in and arpound the stadium.

You have to consider that.

For the record, a new stadium also means temporary construction jobs, new luxury tax revenue and uszually lower operauing expenses due to updated technology (utilities, maintenence) from what was used the time the last stadium was built...

The operative work here being temporary as opposed to permanent. And like I said before, anti-trust laws are the dirty little secret thumb on the financial scale that primarily benefits millionaires & billionaires that own teams in this league. Do stadium bring in a reliable stream of revenue? Sure. Does it bring in additional businesses & resteraunts? Yes. But, please don't create the clouded impression that NFL owners are humanitarian philanthropists only interested in doing good deeds. Owners are primarily interested in securing & sustaining a profitable franchise investment. 

I say they make it so fancy, impressive and high-tech that real fans can't afford to go!!!

Gimme wooden bleachers and rain. I'll go every week.

...and they would still charge you the same price, so i will take the chair with a cup holder and a roof over my head (it is Minnesota)