Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yahoo Sports: Colts "Thin at RB behind Ballard"

BrentMc11

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a 1st round pick, brown is considered a flop.

That was NOT the way it was written.....you may be correct on "as a first round pick."  He is not a flop in terms of his career.  I personally do not care for Brown, but do NOT consider him a FLOP....too harsh.  8818 above's baseball analogy is pretty good.  There have been some home run hitters through the years who were hit or miss...Lets see what 2013 brings us with a new OL and new offense!!   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

That was NOT the way it was written.....you may be correct on "as a first round pick."  He is not a flop in terms of his career.  I personally do not care for Brown, but do NOT consider him a FLOP....too harsh.  8818 above's baseball analogy is pretty good.  There have been some home run hitters through the years who were hit or miss...Lets see what 2013 brings us with a new OL and new offense!!   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

Yeah, I mean he is not totally a flop or worthless.  But compare him to where he was picked and the people we didn't pick at that spot, yeah he is a flop.  That's why I added the "as a first round pick" part.

But coming out of college, they said his strength was that he excelled at running in space.  So let's hope with a bigger and better line, he can get to that next level and we can see what he really has to give us, otherwise, dude needs to go.

We are a building a monster, but I don't think our Oline and running backs are at monster status yet, I think we brought in fragments and pieces, but I think the 3-5 step drops and TE/fullback usage will help tremendously. Next year I think the Oline gets bolts in its neck and a stitches on its face.

I just got this information from my friend.  I know we have discussed and debated Vick Ballard and Donald Brown, but This article calls Brown a "flop'  I in no way think he is a flop.  I think he should come out along with Delone Carter and the "Rook" and prove the detractors wrong.

I am on the Ballard side of the debate, but as you know I have rooted any colt on....even Cassius Vaughn...during my biggest stomach aches of the year...Go  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  haha  haha !!

Does the article sound fair?  Accurate?  Another jab at the Colts?  Let have some good Colts Fun!!!!

I just want to respond to this article by saying, "Who needs a fat running back?"

We are not stellar at RB, but I believe collectively we are good enough to say it is not a liability.

Yeah, I mean he is not totally a flop or worthless.  But compare him to where he was picked and the people we didn't pick at that spot, yeah he is a flop.  That's why I added the "as a first round pick" part.

But coming out of college, they said his strength was that he excelled at running in space.  So let's hope with a bigger and better line, he can get to that next level and we can see what he really has to give us, otherwise, dude needs to go.

This is the year.....or in the words of Silas Roberston....

3tkh5t.jpg

What are they supposed to say? We are screwed??? Which we r if Ballard is hurt, remember Morwelde Moore anyone??? Come on, Really???

No they would have drafted an every down RB if that was the case.

I just got this information from my friend. I know we have discussed and debated Vick Ballard and Donald Brown, but This article calls Brown a "flop' I in no way think he is a flop. I think he should come out along with Delone Carter and the "Rook" and prove the detractors wrong.

I am on the Ballard side of the debate, but as you know I have rooted any colt on....even Cassius Vaughn...during my biggest stomach aches of the year...Go :coltshelmet::coltshelmet::coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltslogo::coltslogo:hahahaha !!

Does the article sound fair? Accurate? Another jab at the Colts? Let have some good Colts Fun!!!!

While the Colts don't have any super stars at running back, it overall can be a solid core IMO. I don't know how good the new guy can be but at least we will have a legitimate RB if injuries occur and we need someone to step in. I really don't know why anyone would consider the Colts (thin at RB).

Factor in what could be a much better line I don't see our running game any worse than it was last year at least lol. In the end, it all remains to be seen.