Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4th Round Who you got us taking?

I'd be okay with somebody like Ray Graham or a faster running back, or Ty Powell. Although Ithink it's possible Powell is around in the 5th or 6th. I'd also be okay with a DB being selected at this pick if someone is available like Duke Williams. There doesn't appear to be many Cornerbacks left that I like.

I believe there will be a run on running backs in this round. There is a lot of quality backs still left on the board. I even see Edgerrin James brother or cousin Mike James is stillon the board. He's not a bad player. Lot of backs to choose from in this round.

I don't think there is a corner worth taking in the 4th round, Quintin Patton would be a great pickup but doubt he will be available when we pick in the 4th.  I think Marcus Lattimore or Johnathan Franklin would be a great pick.  I lean more towards Franklin, because he fits everything we need him to do.  Runs well, has good enough speed who explodes out of his cuts and through open holes, and has solid hands and good in pass protection.  Would be a 3 down back.

I think for WR someone who has been a bit under the radar that we can pick up in the 5th would be Rodney Smith. 6'4'' 225 out of Florida St. vertical threat down that has good hands, but a bit raw in terms of his route running, but nothing that Reggie Wayne can't help him with.  He might even drop to the 6th, so unless Quinton falls to us in the 4th I think RB would be a good pick.

I'd be okay with somebody like Ray Graham or a faster running back, or Ty Powell. Although I think it's possible Powell is around in the 5th or 6th.

If there is 1 thing I have learned about the draft more then anything else its that if a team really covets a player and has him high on there board but most think he is a later round pick DONT be afraid to pull the trigger with no regrets on him, it may not work out but at least you did it YOUR way

I don't think there is a corner worth taking in the 4th round, Quintin Patton would be a great pickup but doubt he will be available when we pick in the 4th.  I think Marcus Lattimore or Johnathan Franklin would be a great pick.  I lean more towards Franklin, because he fits everything we need him to do.  Runs well, has good enough speed who explodes out of his cuts and through open holes, and has solid hands and good in pass protection.  Would be a 3 down back.

I think for WR someone who has been a bit under the radar that we can pick up in the 5th would be Rodney Smith. 6'4'' 225 out of Florida St. vertical threat down that has good hands, but a bit raw in terms of his route running, but nothing that Reggie Wayne can't help him with.  He might even drop to the 6th, so unless Quinton falls to us in the 4th I think RB would be a good pick.

Tharold Simon maybe but Im looking at rb or a couple other pass rushers if they fall or Safety or wr first

A lot of good talent left. Question who's going to fall far enough. It could be any of the following:

Quinton Patton

Ryan Swope

Keenan Allen

Da'Rick Rogers

Brian Schwenke

Barrett Jones

But I'm good with anyone who fills a need and can be a productive player.

The difference is that you can play more than one pass rusher at a time...well you can do that with QB's too but only with gimmicky formations like wildcat or something like that.  

why did I ask?  just curious what your answer would be.  And it would seem that others wouldn't be upset if another pass rusher were taken, just as I would not be if Brandon Jenkins happens to still be there at our 4th round pick.  No reason not to bring in another if he's the best player they have on the board at the time.   ;)

what position(s) would you prefer to address with the remaining picks?

BPA between OLineman, WR, RB, DLineman, DBs.

I would love for us to get Quinton Patton. So much so that I would trade next year's 5 to move up and get him.

I am not sure how bad Jesse Williams' knee is. Is he another Champman who may have to sit out a year? I would be ok with drafting him if he cleared medically.

Jesse Williams, Brandon Jenkins, Quanterus Smith, Baccari Rambo, Phillip Thomas, Robert Lester, Dan Buckner, Marquess Wilson,  Kenjon Barner and Andre Ellington (I'd like to know why the heck he is still there) all still available

BPA between OLineman, WR, RB, DLineman, DBs.

So in other words, positions where we already have a number of players but  could still use upgraded depth?  you may not feel the same way but at this point I would add OLB/DE in that category as well.  Like the other positions you mentioned, if there is a pass rusher available who might wind up being better than our worst current pass rusher then we'll have upgraded the position and the team.   The only positions I'd have ruled out by that point would be QB, FB, K and P.  If there's one guy at any other position that they feel is significantly better than their other players then take him, regardless of position.  However, if you wind up with a couple of guys that you feel are pretty close to equal, then you can definitely take position into consideration.  

BPA sounds so simple in theory. lol