Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock First and last 2013 Mock Draft

don't you regularly scold others for thinking they know more than those who do this for a living? aren't you doing that in this post?

yes and....essentially...yes   :hide:

I think as far as Hayden goes, if the doctors have cleared him then I see no reason not to take him.  I'd be surprised if Grigson was willing to risk our first round pick on a player with questionable health, which is why I think if we take Jarvis Jones or Tank Carradine then it's because our guys have worked them out and checked them out extensively and are happy with their health status at this time.

don't you regularly scold others for thinking they know more than those who do this for a living? aren't you doing that in this post?

First.....   apologies to everyone if I'm that guy for doing that.

Second....    I think the person I mostly scold about that type of thing is Gavin....    he's got two or three man crushes and they fly in the face of the vast majority of opinions....   

In this particular case,  I'm scolding the person who does this for a living (Mayock)  because his view flies in the face of everyone else.     A number of people have Hayden now in the first round.    I noted that and said I'm fine with it.    But no one else has Hayden as the number one cornerback.   Heck, in the final NFL Network mock draft yesterday,  Hayden went 24th to the Colts.   Even all of Mayocks co-workers had other cornerbacks going ahead of Hayden.

I'm simply explaining how someone like Mayock comes to such a conclusion.    I think it's badly over-thought.

I chided the people at NFL.com for badly over-rating Warford.    They have him rated higher than Cooper.   Seriously, they do.   They have Warford with a solid first round grade.     If the draft gets to 24 and both Cooper and Warford are there,  who do you think we're taking?

I've followed the draft since I was a kid.   For nearly 20 years, I covered the event professionally.  (Rams, Raiders, event)   From time to time people who do this for a living over-think things.    I try to offer some perspective on how that happens.    

I do not think I have all the answers,  and apologies to anyone who believes that's what I do think....

Don't know if this answer will satisfy you, Jvan...   and sorry it's so long, but wanted to address your legitimate question.....

Calling it now- KC's going to pick Dion Jordan 1st, not one of the tackles.

FWIW I think Jordan's overrated and there's a decent chance he busts, but he's going to be the guy at 1 anyways.

I saw a mock from one of the guys on nfl.com (just looked and it was Akbar Gbaja-Biamilla) that had KC taking Lotuleilei first overall.  He also had us taking Bjoern Werner with Jarvis Jones still on the board.  I wouldn't be upset with Werner at all but if both he and Jarvis Jones are on the board I'd take Jones in a second. 

FWIW I think Jordan's overrated and there's a decent chance he busts, but he's going to be the guy at 1 anyways.

Rumors are that the Chiefs like Eric Fisher at #1.

I just can't see that happening...They have Tamba and Houston already.

First.....   apologies to everyone if I'm that guy for doing that.

Second....    I think the person I mostly scold about that type of thing is Gavin....    he's got two or three man crushes and they fly in the face of the vast majority of opinions....   

In this particular case,  I'm scolding the person who does this for a living (Mayock)  because his view flies in the face of everyone else.     A number of people have Hayden now in the first round.    I noted that and said I'm fine with it.    But no one else has Hayden as the number one cornerback.   Heck, in the final NFL Network mock draft yesterday,  Hayden went 24th to the Colts.   Even all of Mayocks co-workers had other cornerbacks going ahead of Hayden.

I'm simply explaining how someone like Mayock comes to such a conclusion.    I think it's badly over-thought.

I chided the people at NFL.com for badly over-rating Warford.    They have him rated higher than Cooper.   Seriously, they do.   They have Warford with a solid first round grade.     If the draft gets to 24 and both Cooper and Warford are there,  who do you think we're taking?

I've followed the draft since I was a kid.   For nearly 20 years, I covered the event professionally.  (Rams, Raiders, event)   From time to time people who do this for a living over-think things.    I try to offer some perspective on how that happens.    

I do not think I have all the answers,  and apologies to anyone who believes that's what I do think....

Don't know if this answer will satisfy you, Jvan...   and sorry it's so long, but wanted to address your legitimate question.....

I am laughing out loud.  

I think I am the only one who never gets excited on here......OK JUST DODGED the lightning bolt! haha

All I have to say is it is draft day and as fans we have the right to be 'fanatic' over the players we like and who we have 'scouted' in our own right.  We are from different areas of the nation that like different styles of football....coaching etc. :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:

From A-Z on this forum, everyone has a right to his or her opinion....and we WILL get excited.....that is why we come here every day....we truly are fanatics....Love this stuff!!!!  :)  Love the  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

A short story to make my point.  As kids, my younger brother would anticipate opening presents on Christmas so much and got so worked up, that come Christmas he was always disappointed with his presents because they didn't match up with his months long expectations.  Some of you posters are going to be like that I'm afraid, because I see no reason that Grigson's tiger will change it's stripes.  He will probably grab at least 3 guys you've never heard of from Alaska Technical school and a lot of you are going to complain that you hate this draft.