Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew talks the Upcoming Season/Offense....

NewColtsFan

.... The Washington Post sent a reporter to follow Andrew around for a day....  

Luck makes comments about the new offense and how he spent his off-season....

Nothing overly revealing,  but always nice to hear something from The Man....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/andrew-luck-ready-to-start-2nd-nfl-season-in-new-version-of-old-offense/2013/04/13/457f5ef2-a498-11e2-bd52-614156372695_story.html

No, a real question. Everyone says we'll be running something different. Luck is saying it's the same. Which is it?

I would say there will be smilarites.. But obviously not completely the same.

None of us will really know for a few months unfortunately

No, a real question. Everyone says we'll be running something different. Luck is saying it's the same. Which is it?

Think it will be a hybrid. We have more weapons than Stanford had to use. Think they will still use some plays from BA system also. Think the biggest improvement will be Luck having more freedom.

So when Luck says it'll be good to not learn a whole new thing. That mean our offense will have some similar plays to Stanford???

I suspect it's not only the plays....   but especially the language....   (what plays are called and audibles and such)  plus the concepts as well.....

I suspect it's not only the plays.... but especially the language.... (what plays are called and audibles and such) plus the concepts as well.....

Ahh. This is good. Now we really can get Fleener to be that 2nd round talent. He'll be playing & tutoring Allen and whatever other TE we take on 53 roster.

.well everyone always says how good of a job BA did which he did! but no one really thinks about how hard it was for Luck to transition from a west coast style to whatever the steelers used i mean it was almost completly opposite to what he's use to which is also most likely why he had a low completion rate.well im glad hes back to his comfort zone and wont have to struggle learning a new offence like he did his first yr here plus i heard pep was such a good OC that the colts snatched him up before he was to become a college coach pretty sure he'll get the colts offence on track in no time!

Ahh. This is good. Now we really can get Fleener to be that 2nd round talent. He'll be playing & tutoring Allen and whatever other TE we take on 53 roster.

yea now hopefully we can compete with the Ravens in the red zone i mean he's 6 6 hopefully luck could throw some highones hahaha

So when Luck says it'll be good to not learn a whole new thing. That mean our offense will have some similar plays to Stanford???

Here's the key Luck quote....

“I think it’s the Colts offense, but it will be good,” Luck said when asked about comparing it to the Stanford offense. “I’m excited to get to work with him (Hamilton). I think it will be good to not have to learn a whole new thing.”

He's basically saying what Pep said when he was introduced.    That he's not going to throw out what worked in the Arians offense.    That's he's going to keep the best parts of it and blend it in with what he thinks worked in the Stanford offense (west coast principles,  power running, etc.)

That's why Andrew is calling it... 'the Colts offense...'      It's not BA's, and it's not Stanford's...    it's the best of both.

At least,  this is the working theory.....   please let it be so! 

Here's the key Luck quote....

“I think it’s the Colts offense, but it will be good,” Luck said when asked about comparing it to the Stanford offense. “I’m excited to get to work with him (Hamilton). I think it will be good to not have to learn a whole new thing.”

He's basically saying what Pep said when he was introduced. That he's not going to throw out what worked in the Arians offense. That's he's going to keep the best parts of it and blend it in with what he thinks worked in the Stanford offense (west coast principles, power running, etc.)

That's why Andrew is calling it... 'the Colts offense...' It's not BA's, and it's not Stanford's... it's the best of both.

At least, this is the working theory..... please let it be so!

I hope you're right Mr. Stanford haha . Can't wait to see this offense in action

Man, I'm not liking the Pep hire. I don't wanna run the stanford Offense

temper-tantrum-o.gif

Have you been reading this thread??

Have you been reading any of the threads about Hamilton and what he'll do?

In NONE OF THOSE threads has Hamilton, or Luck, or Pagano, or Grigson, or ANYONE said we're going to run the Stanford offense.

I don't know what you've seen that makes you think we are?!?      We're not.    It's just that simple.   

We're going to run the best of what Stanford does and marry that with the best of Arians system.   It's not a Stanford offense.   But it's not the offense we ran last year.

OK?     Feel better now??

Man, I'm not liking the Pep hire. I don't wanna run the stanford Offense or anything that looks like it.

temper-tantrum-o.gif

Heaven forbid if we run the ball some and mix in some shorter passes to keep Luck from getting decapitated  :omg:  :rollseyes:

Man, I'm not liking the Pep hire. I don't wanna run the stanford Offense or anything that looks like it.

temper-tantrum-o.gif

I don't think that we will run Stanford's offense, more of a hybrid as mentioned in this thread. But even if we did run Stanford's offense, I'm not sure why you would be against it.

Luck had a 72% completion percentage and threw for 37 TDs in that offense, (yes I am aware it was in collge against other college teams) even with a power running approach. It was one of college football's hardest offenses to stop. Harbaugh's had success with it in the NFL, right?