Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reality Mock Draft

I'll add explanations in a new post in about 3 or 4 days, currently i'm just looking for thoughts on the picks, I'll defend them in the comments. In About a week I'll make final mock. Just looking for thoughts on the picks currently. 

Trade 1 for Buff 2,3.

2: Larry Warford OG Kentucky 

3: Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn

3: Barrett Jones C/G/T Alabama

4: Duke Williams S Nevada

6: Josh Johnson CB Perdu

7: Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska 

7: Dustin Hopkins K FSU

Jeez, It's weird not to have explanations after my picks.

Feedback welcomed. 

I'll add explanations in a new post in about 3 or 4 days, currently i'm just looking for thoughts on the picks, I'll defend them in the comments. In About a week I'll make final mock. Just looking for thoughts on the picks currently. 

Trade 1 for Buff 2,3.

Feedback welcomed. 

Sweet.  Kicker is a reach...lol.  Probably wait until next year for the K...maybe McCalebb RB... All and all great mock.

I'm changing my post....   doing a double-take....   you have us taking Warford AND Jones?

So, clearly you want a RG AND a Center.    Correct?

I'm not objecting,  just trying to make sure I understand your thinking here....

Yes, Jones at C and Warford at RG. O-line complete solidified. I may post this again with explainations a roster for my last coming in about a week you can see there 

Warford would be a good pick if we had a 1st but we don't. There should be some really good pass rushers on the board like Datone Jones,Carradine,or possibly Jarvis Jones all are rated higher then Warford but they also fills a position of need.

Another aspect to the trade down is adding the 3rd which is also nice. (Barrett Jones in this mock)

Warford would be a good pick if we had a 1st but we don't. There should be some really good pass rushers on the board like Datone Jones,Carradine,or possibly Jarvis Jones all are rated higher then Warford but they also fills a position of need.

Warford Is actually a huge need and the bigges we have Ik alot of fan think OLB is but it's not we signed walden still have Hughes and even Sidbury the RG spot is by far the worst hole

Trade 1 for Buff 2,3.

Feedback welcomed.

Seriously, this is almost perfect! I would literally come if we got Warford AND Jones!

Duke Williams looks good too and I like Burkhead in the 7th.

I haven't seen too much of Lemonier but that's where I'd look for an OLB and if you say he'll be the best available in the 3rd then its a good pick.

The only pick I'd change is the kicker with the last selection. I think we can hold off for another year and take a punt (pardon the pun) on someone else there.

Love it though!

Warford Is actually a huge need and the bigges we have Ik alot of fan think OLB is but it's not we signed walden still have Hughes and even Sidbury the RG spot is by far the worst hole

Of the three guys u mentioned not one is a proven pass rusher. Although I like the potential of sidbury

Of the three guys u mentioned not one is a proven pass rusher. Although I like the potential of sidbury

Ik but wat we say as fans mean nothing to wat grigs and Pags thinks they don't care if we don't think there good pass rushers my point is they feel good about them weather us fans do or not but also I seen on here Sidbury was actually a really good OLB prospect out of college but got drafted to a 4-3 team and if we get a OLB in the draft I won't mind just not in the first unless someone to good to pass up falls

Seriously, this is almost perfect! I would literally come if we got Warford AND Jones!

Duke Williams looks good too and I like Burkhead in the 7th.

I haven't seen too much of Lemonier but that's where I'd look for an OLB and if you say he'll be the best available in the 3rd then its a good pick.

The only pick I'd change is the kicker with the last selection. I think we can hold off for another year and take a punt (pardon the pun) on someone else there.

Love it though!

haha thanks for the feedback!!

Another aspect to the trade down is adding the 3rd which is also nice. (Barrett Jones in this mock)

I like Barret Jones but it isn't worth passing up one of the top pass rushers in the 1st round. Were still transitioning to the 3-4 still need players that fit the system. This is who i think we should draft.

1.Jarvis Jones or Datone Jones - One of these guys should be on the board when we pick at 24 but won't if we trade back

3.Brian Winters G - Not far behind Warford would be great value here

4.Duke Williams S - Agree with you on this

6.Luke Marquardt OT - Depth behind Castonzo and Cherilus

.7.Rod Sweeting Cb

I'd be fine with grabbing a good O-lineman with the first pick, but in my opinion, this mock is too much for offense. I'd rather see us grab Datone Jones or Arthur Brown if either are available our new 2nd round pick, and still take Barret Jones in the 3rd.

I like Barret Jones but it isn't worth passing up one of the top pass rushers in the 1st round. Were still transitioning to the 3-4 still need players that fit the system. This is who i think we should draft.

1.Jarvis Jones or Datone Jones - One of these guys should be on the board when we pick at 24 but won't if we trade back

3.Brian Winters G - Not far behind Warford would be great value here

4.Duke Williams S - Agree with you on this

6.Luke Marquardt OT - Depth behind Castonzo and Cherilus

.7.Rod Sweeting Cb

I like this one more, it's definitely geared towards defense (which I like), get good value in the first, and still address the guard position in the second round. Very nice.

Ik but wat we say as fans mean nothing to wat grigs and Pags thinks they don't care if we don't think there good pass rushers my point is they feel good about them weather us fans do or not but also I seen on here Sidbury was actually a really good OLB prospect out of college but got drafted to a 4-3 team and if we get a OLB in the draft I won't mind just not in the first unless someone to good to pass up falls

"wat we say as fans mean nothing to wat grigs and Pags thinks they don't care if we don't think there good"

Thats way way overused around here. its like saying Grigson and Pagano and the rest of the coaches are the only people on earth capable of understanding football and who played overall better

"wat we say as fans mean nothing to wat grigs and Pags thinks they don't care if we don't think there good"

Thats way way overused around here. its like saying Grigson and Pagano and the rest of the coaches are the only people on earth capable of understanding football and who played overall better

Completely agree

He is not necessarily saying that Grigs and Pagano know better, just that they have already picked players that they think are going to be solid. So whether or not they are right about them doesn't change how they currently feel about those players. I personally am not sold on Hughes and SIdbury as our pass rush options behind Mathis, but the FO seems to stand behind them.

He is not necessarily saying that Grigs and Pagano know better, just that they have already picked players that they think are going to be solid. So whether or not they are right about them doesn't change how they currently feel about those players. I personally am not sold on Hughes and SIdbury as our pass rush options behind Mathis, but the FO seems to stand behind them.

Dear god, I hope they know better lol

That's not the point the point is they are building the team not you not me not anyone on this forum

Thanks for helping clear that up I agree I don't know how walden and Sidbury will play but I'm gonna give them a shot in our system before I judge them look at freeman who on this forum would have guessed that he would be as good as he was?

That's not the point the point is they are building the team not you not me not anyone on this forum

the forum is a place forum Colts fans to get together to discuss the Colts or that have a common interest (the Colts). People have opinions, they wont always agree nor will they always agree with what a coach or GM does, we all know that we as fans dont make the decisions but that certainly dont mean we cant have one

the forum is a place forum Colts fans to get together to discuss the Colts or that have a common interest (the Colts). People have opinions, they wont always agree nor will they always agree with what a coach or GM does, we all know that we as fans dont make the decisions but that certainly dont mean we cant have one

Of course ppl have opinions that's fine just the amount of ppl that don't seem to like our OLBs is crazy I just have an open mind I guess I will wait to see walden and Sidbury before I give up on them

Of course ppl have opinions that's fine just the amount of ppl that don't seem to like our OLBs is crazy I just have an open mind I guess I will wait to see walden and Sidbury before I give up on them

I think its perfectly fine to be skeptical of a player until they prove they are otherwise proven players or players that did well with the prior team or situation

I think its perfectly fine to be skeptical of a player until they prove they are otherwise proven players or players that did well with the prior team or situation

Fair enough that's fine my original point was just stating that RG is more if a need then any other the idea if putting it off till real late isn't a good idea

Fair enough that's fine my original point was just stating that RG is more if a need then any other the idea if putting it off till real late isn't a good idea

I agree but Im not as high on Warford as some, if Cooper is there then I'd take him in a  heart beat, otherwise, Im taking rush linebacker, Corner(if Rhodes in there), or D Lineman, If it was up to me

I agree but Im not as high on Warford as some, if Cooper is there then I'd take him in a heart beat, otherwise, Im taking rush linebacker, Corner(if Rhodes in there), or D Lineman, If it was up to me

I hope cooper is there too good chane he could I'm hoping since he is a guard teams will pass on him for another position

Vinatieri has made 150 of 179 field goals attempted since becoming a Colt....Thats 83.7 which is higher then his career average of 82.6 and. For comparison in his NE days he attempted 321 field goals and made 263 or 81.9 percent or rounded up 82 percent, He has also made 85 percent the last 3 years with making 2 53 yarders in the last two years, Hes not lost a step, We can get a kicker as an undrafted FA and likely a very good one

Vinatieri has made 150 of 179 field goals attempted since becoming a Colt....Thats 83.7 which is higher then his career average of 82.6 and. For comparison in his NE days he attempted 321 field goals and made 263 or 81.9 percent or rounded up 82 percent, He has also made 85 percent the last 3 years with making 2 53 yarders in the last two years, Hes not lost a step, We can get a kicker as an undrafted FA and likely a very good one

Yeah many good kickers are still there as UDFA wish we had kickalicious haha

I don't really think we should go kicker at all. We're only going to keep 1 on the roster, and we have AV. Also IMO, and I know many will not share this opinion, I don't think we would need to grab both someone for Center and Guard. I think center could use some improvement, but I don't think it needs to be improved in the draft (it would just be a plus if we could). So if we took a guard in rounds 1-3 I don't think we should grab another lineman unless it's late round prospect. Then if I had to choose between getting Warford earlier or Barret Jones later I'd take Jones later. The fact that he can play each of the interior line positions is exactly the depth we could use right now. Also I'm not a big fan of Lemonier. With each new thing I watch of him he just seems less and less like a game changer.