Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter

jbaron04

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if painter can play decent to good and the defense can play like it did tonight i can see possibly 10-6 with a wild card berth lol now wouldnt that chap some butt lol

What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!

our next 3 games are all winnable, but so was the Cleveland game. After tonight's loss, that Cleveland loss hurts even more.

i know but with the improvement tonight that was shown against the steelers it gives me hope. like i said next week will be the true telling one if they start painter.

true but one bad fumble after coming in cold like he did doesnt make him a bad QB either.

Thats right. But let's face it he had one good drive so far and looked terrible in the other games he played including preseason. At this moment Painter isn't giving me any reason to cheer and I'm still thinking we need to address the backup situation for Peyton next year. No reason to cheer, let's see what he can do in the next games...

Thats right. But let's face it he had one good drive so far and looked terrible in the other games he played including preseason. At this moment Painter isn't giving me any reason to cheer and I'm still thinking we need to address the backup situation for Peyton next year. No reason to cheer, let's see what he can do in the next games...

backup situation for Peyton next year? Do you care if Andrew Luck is warming up our benches? I don't mind.

Who would you pick at #1 then?

I don't think we'll be picking number one, maybe top five but not number one.

I think there is a real chance we could win our next three games and we'll probably beat the Jags and Titans at least one this season and we still have to play the Panthers as well who are very beatable. Also I know people aren't big Caldwell fans but if you notice this team is getting better each game. So something he is doing is working.

Also, I think Manning is going to be back before the year is over and if he comes back the top pick goes out the window. He might only play the last six games or so but there is a real chance that if he comes back we run the table with him or go like 5-1.

Hidden

Once it was determined that Peyton would not be able to play this season, why did the organization not immediately sign a healthy veteran like Jim Sorgi whom remains on the Free Agent Wire? He is the only backup in the past fifteen or so years whom has actually played and had success when called upon by our team. We of course placed him on IR in 2009 and he was waived IR from the Giants. However, he is healthly now and acutally knows our system.

Once it was determined that Peyton would not be able to play this season, why did the organization not immediately sign a healthy veteran like Jim Sorgi whom remains on the Free Agent Wire? He is the only backup in the past fifteen or so years whom has actually played and had success when called upon by our team. We of course placed him on IR in 2009 and he was waived IR from the Giants. However, he is healthly now and acutally knows our system.

"Once it was determined that Peyton would not be able to play this season, .......... the organization .... immediately" signED a healthy veteran named Kerry Collins.

What success has Sorgi had? He was tedious beyond belief in preseason, and has never played meaningful minutes in his career - plus I've heard he had issues. While I was fond of the guy he was incredibly ineffective. There may not have been many big mistakes, but nothing good happened either. I'd take Painter over him in a heartbeat.

Playoffs? Playoffs?

Yeah I really believe that there is a chance. No, it's not a high percentage, but it's there. Given that Painter starts and progresses relatively quickly, we could easily have a shot at the last wild card spot:

Colts Schedule:

@ Tampa Bay (Winnable)

Kansas City (Very Winnable)

@ Cincinnati (Very Winnable)

@ New Orleans (Not likely)

@ Tennessee (Winnable)

Atlanta (Possible)

Jacksonville (Very Winnable)

Bye

Carolina (Very Winnable)

@ New England (Not likely)

@ Baltimore (Not likely however Tennessee beat them...)

Tennessee (Winnable)

Houston (Winnable if Peyton is back, otherwise not likely)

Jacksonville (Very winnable)

Look at that schedule. I can easily see THIS colts team getting 8-9 wins by the year's end especially if they keep improving as much as they have been with each game. Bump those numbers up if number 18 actually does end up returning at the end of the season. I honestly think that the wild cards will need 9 or 10 wins to get in this year. The Steelers look bad, the AFC east is upside down. I think the wild card race will be tighter than usual and may actually present an opportunity for us to slip in if we are positioned right. The other factor that goes both ways is that on ANY given week ANY team can win. Who in their right mind would've predicted that the Colts would give the Steelers a run for their money last night? Don't count them out. I'm not suggesting that we adopt unrealistic expectations of the Colts, but rather that we have a little more faith in their abilities. Also, Houston is good at choking. :)

Dang skippy my British brother.

We lost because we couldn't score TD's when our defense practically served them up to us. Heck, the defense scored more than our offense until Painter took over. Anyone getting that fact? Yes, its a fact.

We lost because we left approximately 8 points on the field with inept failings inside the redzone early.

Thats something colts fans sure arent use to, hopefully thats a trend thats gonna be happening more and i think it is from the browns game to last nights game the defense have kept the offense in the game, its now time for the offense to do their job.

I think its about time the painter haters start being quiet... the kid is only gonna get better with every snap and he is way more accurate and quicker at release than collins... i hope he starts next week.

I never thought this day would come when i would rather give Painter a shot, but that day is here :drink:

To everyone saying Painter SUCKS - I ask when has he ever been given an opportunity to develop? Do you really expect the guy to come in and be right on from the get go without having reps in practices or games before? Sure that first pass would have been nice, but on the TD drive his passes were pretty darned near perfect.

After that drive he was rushed and didnt get enough on the passes and they hit the ground, but given time to be "relaxed" I think he hits those too.

No doubt this guy was a bundle of nerves last night!

Sure Painter + Collins < Manning , but no doubt in my mind Painter > Collins!

Painter was awful. Yes, there was the one TD drive. Had some decent throws on it. But HOW did he miss Garcon when Garcon was so wide open and would've gone for 6? How does he not feel Polamalu coming towards him and get rid of the football? He under threw over threw SEVERAL throws. Maybe he's our best option at QB at this point, but he also helped squander away a winnable game last night and what was an amazing, solid performance by our defense.

Painter was awful. Yes, there was the one TD drive. Had some decent throws on it. But HOW did he miss Garcon when Garcon was so wide open and would've gone for 6? How does he not feel Polamalu coming towards him and get rid of the football? He under threw over threw SEVERAL throws. Maybe he's our best option at QB at this point, but he also helped squander away a winnable game last night and what was an amazing, solid performance by our defense.

Thats why they call it BLINDSIDE john madden any QB would have fumbled that ball except maybe peyton, thats james harrison hitting you right there for christs sake. That pass painter threw garcon is a pass.. that was his first pass and a stop and go route is a bit hard, that was the same exact play collins missed garcon on in the texans game. Painter is the better option and always was.

Thats why they call it BLINDSIDE john madden any QB would have fumbled that ball except maybe peyton, thats james harrison hitting you right there for christs sake. That pass painter threw garcon is a pass.. that was his first pass and a stop and go route is a bit hard, that was the same exact play collins missed garcon on in the texans game. Painter is the better option and always was.

Lets not forget that Big Ben, Mr overrated two-rings, puked it up TWICE last night.

Yes, Painter missed a big shot that may have iced the win. Yo, he settled down and proceed to drive after a pride obliterating sack-fumble TD return. If Curtis had continued to miscue, I'd be singing a different tune, but he didn't he drove us 80 YDS for a game tying TD. We had a chance to win. After ghastly losses to Houston and Cleveland, we had a chance to win against the Steelers. Thats alright in my book.

Lets not forget that Big Ben, Mr overrated two-rings, puked it up TWICE last night.

Yes, Painter missed a big shot that may have iced the win. Yo, he settled down and proceed to drive after a pride obliterating sack-fumble TD return. If Curtis had continued to miscue, I'd be singing a different tune, but he didn't he drove us 80 YDS for a game tying TD. We had a chance to win. After ghastly losses to Houston and Cleveland, we had a chance to win against the Steelers. Thats alright in my book.

Definitely agree on that right there

Since I was in the Painter corner since pre game one, I was all too excited when they announced he was about to come onto the field. Then he went 3 and out, and then the fumble. I was completely lost for words. I almost didn't want him to come out the third time just to have him embarrass himself even further. But he did. And I saw in him the quarterback I knew he was capable of. I was very proud that he could demonstrate discipline and understanding of the offense. In my book he made up for the previous two possessions by giving this team and fan base hope that they can score touchdowns without Peyton. Obviously Peyton is more than a quarterback to this team, and Kerry Collins, although he does have plenty of experience, he has no idea what Peyton means to this team. Curtis does know what Peyton means to this team, he has been there for over 2 years observing the confidence that Peyton brings to the team. I think Curtis is far more aware of what the teams strengths and weaknesses are than Kerry is. I agree that Kerry should be a backup to Curtis. It is unfortunate that this franchise had to spend so much money on him, but what is more important, not feeling like we wasted our money, or providing a chance to raise spirits and win some games? I stand behind the Colts no matter who they bring in to throw the football. And I stand behind Curtis because I know he is much better than he has been given credit for in the past.

Who would you pick at #1 then?

Well I've said this over and over in multiple threads but not sure about this one so I'll say it here too....if we wind up with the #1 overall pick, I don't want us to pick ANYONE. I'd want us to trade down from #1 to somewhere between 5-15 (the higher the better, obviously) and acquire several additional picks. There is going to be a lot of talented players that could very well become great starters in the NFL at multiple positions in the late first round, all through the second and even through the third. yes, there is always the chance of a bust....but if we trade down and acquire extra picks, that gives us much better odds. ;) OF course then the truly devoted "we must have luck" fans will point out that he's the only player who is a guarantee not to become a bust...which is simply rubbish. :)

Well I've said this over and over in multiple threads but not sure about this one so I'll say it here too....if we wind up with the #1 overall pick, I don't want us to pick ANYONE. I'd want us to trade down from #1 to somewhere between 5-15 (the higher the better, obviously) and acquire several additional picks. There is going to be a lot of talented players that could very well become great starters in the NFL at multiple positions in the late first round, all through the second and even through the third. yes, there is always the chance of a bust....but if we trade down and acquire extra picks, that gives us much better odds. ;) OF course then the truly devoted "we must have luck" fans will point out that he's the only player who is a guarantee not to become a bust...which is simply rubbish. :)

Totally agree. Pull a Cleveland and trade down 1 pick at a time and stockpile picks. Then, maybe we can pick up a few off my wishlist: Kirkpatrick, Potter, Barron, Blackmon, Claibrone, Maze, Moore, Moye, Barkelly, you get my drift.