16) Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State

17) Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

18) Geno Smith QB West Virginia

19) Desmond Trufant CB Washington

20) Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

21) Chance Warmack G Alabama

22) Menelik Watson T Florida State

23) Bjoern Werner DE Florida State

I believe the NFL does a survey of all teams and asks for a list of 20-25 players that they feel are first round candidates...

I don't think the NFL is pulling those names out of their hats....

That said....   I think Manuel is the oddest name....   though I have heard some teams love him and are considering him in the first round.    I didn't think he'd have enough support to be invited...

Otherwise....   I think the list is OK....

I believe the NFL does a survey of all teams and asks for a list of 20-25 players that they feel are first round candidates...

I don't think the NFL is pulling those names out of their hats....

That might be the case, but when you have a dozen guys decline invitations, you get some risky business going on in there. Gonna be some long faces April 25th...

That might be the case, but when you have a dozen guys decline invitations, you get some risky business going on in there. Gonna be some long faces April 25th...

Have a dozen declined?    I didn't read the story....   if so,  that would explain a lot.

I'd feel bad for anyone who shows up and isn't taken in the first day.     That makes for a long tough (and embarrassing) night....

Have a dozen declined?    I didn't read the story....   if so,  that would explain a lot.

I'd feel bad for anyone who shows up and isn't taken in the first day.     That makes for a long tough (and embarrassing) night....

I don't know if it's a dozen, but several have: Lotulelei, Barkley, Teo, Banks, probably others. All those guys have first round potential.

Probably a lot of guys not sure where they are going and would rather be at home.  

Do you think anyone will come back again the 2nd night if they don't get picked up the first?

Well since the Tebow year, they have had a ton of prospects at the draft. Last year was the largest 'class' ever, and I believe the last guy was drafted in the second half of the third round on day two. Most guys who slide come back, but some absolutely refuse to return, last year it was Cordy Glenn (eventually drafted early 2nd by the Bills) and the year before was Akeem Ayers (eventually drafted early 2nd as well by Tennessee).

Looking at the list, I would be shocked if no less than 4-5 guys slide out of round 1.