Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First Third and Fourth round Draft board ( not in order just a list )

First  Round  Draft Board                                                         Fourth Round Draft Board 

OLB  Alex Okafor                                                                       WR Terrance Williams  

CB Xavier Rhodes                                                                      S Baccari Rambo                                                  

OG Johnathon Cooper                                                               NT  Brandon Williams

ILB Manti Te'o                                                                             CB  Jordan Poyer

CB Desmond Trufant                                                                 CB/FS   Tyrann Mathieu

DE Datone Jones                                                                       CB      Tharold Simon 

the suprise 

OG Larry Warford

third round draft board 

CB Leon Mc fadden

G/C Brian Schwenke

G/C  Barrett Jones

DE/OLB Corey Lemonier

G/T  Dallas Thomas

G/C Travis Fredrick

S  Philip Thomas

He just seems really average to me. Nothing he does really sticks out and says, "this guy is going to be a great pass rusher".

Same can be said for Dion Jordan regarding pass rush, Jordan mainly uses his speed to get around the edge and Tackles just constantly just ride him right out of the play because of it. Dion Jordan is outstanding in space and non stop motor. Okafor has violent hands and plays with them real well, doesn't let lineman get in his chest, his engage/disengage is great and plays the run well. He uses his hands to get to the passer(his senior bowl practices on YouTube really shows that against Fisher,Wagner, and Thorton). And no I'm not comparing Jordan to Okafor, I'm just stating the different styles they have when rushing the passer and neither have a huge repotoire when rushing and its not wowing but it works for them.

Okafor is just one of those fundamentally sound guys that doesn't do anything flashy but he is good in the way he does it

I really hope that Grigs pulls hard for a trade that gives us some more picks in the middle rounds...  We are going to need to replace starters at a number of positions over the next couple seasons...

Everybody is aware of the fact that we need a RG for the 2013 season... The need for a WR to replace #87 has also been discussed at length..

After 2013, we will have no true NTs on the roster other than Chapman and MTV..

Cory Redding will not be in the league much longer and will probably miss time due to injury in 2013...

Robert Mathis is also in the twilight of his career and rush LB is already an area of concern..

Antoine Bethea is going to be 30 and is a FA after 2013..

Donald Brown is a FA after 2013...

Angerer and Conner will both be FAs as well...

By my count, that means we should be drafting and developing players at more positions than we have viable picks for... I'm sure that the F.O. will want to resign some FAs, but we will still need help at ILB, RB, WR, and NT, at least and that is in addition to our already established needs at OG and C....

There is no such thing as a perfect team, but we do not want to get into the Polianesque habit of replacing average or above average players with scrubs that are familiar with the system... Getting more picks in the middle rounds of this draft is easily the best move, IMO.... just need to find a willing partner..

1. Ogletree OLB, Jones DE, Hopkins WR, Allen WR, Lacy RB

3. Frederick C/G, Bostic OLB, Rogers WR, Lemonier OLB

4. Kruger DE, Washington OLB, Thomas FS, Bell RB

6. Hurst OT, Evans FS, Armstrong FS, Graham RB, Sanders KR/WR

7. Thornton G, Hansen C, McCalebb RB

7. Nealy DE

1st

Jonathan Cooper-G

Damontre Moore-OLB/DE

Xavier Rhodes-CB

Bjoern Werner-DE/OLB

Jarvis Jones-DE/OLB

Jesse Williams-DE/NT

Cornellius Carradine-DE/OLB

Alex Okafor-DE/OLB

3rd

Travis Frederick-G/C

Brian Winters-G

Barrett Jones-C/G

Kyle Long-G

D.J. Hayden-CB

Tharold Simon-CB

Brandon Williams-DE/NT

Corey Lemonier-DE/OLB

Margus Hunt-DE

Joe Kruger-DE

John Simon-DE

Phillip Thomas-S

Aaron Dobson-WR

4th

Aaron Mellete-WR

Chris Harper-WR

Dan Buckner-WR

Hugh Thornton-G

Travis Long-OLB

Jaimie Collins-OLB(dont think he last that long though)

Baccari Rambo-S

Robert Lester-S

Sheldon Price-CB

1st

Jonathan Cooper-G

Damontre Moore-OLB/DE

Xavier Rhodes-CB

Bjoern Werner-DE/OLB

Jarvis Jones-DE/OLB

Jesse Williams-DE/NT

Cornellius Carradine-DE/OLB

Alex Okafor-DE/OLB

3rd

Travis Frederick-G/C

Brian Winters-G

Barrett Jones-C/G

Kyle Long-G

D.J. Hayden-CB

Tharold Simon-CB

Brandon Williams-DE/NT

Corey Lemonier-DE/OLB

Margus Hunt-DE

Joe Kruger-DE

John Simon-DE

Phillip Thomas-S

Aaron Dobson-WR

4th

Aaron Mellete-WR

Chris Harper-WR

Dan Buckner-WR

Hugh Thornton-G

Travis Long-OLB

Jaimie Collins-OLB(dont think he last that long though)

Baccari Rambo-S

Robert Lester-S

Sheldon Price-CB

Jamie Collins is being talked about a a a 1st round pick. No way he makes it out of the top of the 2nd.

1st Round 

• Xavier Rhodes - CB
  • Jarvis Jones - OLB
  • Sheldon Richardson - DE
  • Kawann Short - DE
  • Desmond Trufant - CB
  • Demontre Moore - OLB
  • Alex Okafor - OLB
  • Tank Carradine - OLB
  • Keenan Allen - WR
  • DeAndre Hopkins - WR

3rd Round

• Barrett Jones - OL
  • Darius Slay - CB
  • Phillip Thomas - S
  • Shamarko Thomas - S
  • Robert Alford - CB
  • Corey Lemonier - OLB
  • Brian Schwenke - OL
  • Alvin Bailey - OG
  • Kiko Alonso - ILB

4th Round

• Sean Porter - OLB
  • D.J. Swearinger - S
  • Chase Thomas - OLB
  • Jon Bostic - ILB
  • Jalani Jenkins - OLB
  • Khaled Holmes - OC
  • Montori Hughes - NT
  • Gerald Hodges - OLB
  • Devin Taylor - OLB
  • Duke Williams - S

Jamie Collins is being talked about a a a 1st round pick. No way he makes it out of the top of the 2nd.

Not by everyone.     I don't know who you have right now talking about Collins in the first.

Kiper isn't.   McShay isn't.   Nawrocki at PFW isn't.    NFL.com is with some of their mock drafts,  but many of those mocks are done by guys that have no business doing a mock draft.    I don't think his draft grade is for a 1st....

Who says he'll go in the first??    Which website??

Not by everyone.     I don't know who you have right now talking about Collins in the first.

Kiper isn't.   McShay isn't.   Nawrocki at PFW isn't.    NFL.com is with some of their mock drafts,  but many of those mocks are done by guys that have no business doing a mock draft.    I don't think his draft grade is for a 1st....

Who says he'll go in the first??    Which website??

Mike Mayock has him as the 2nd best 34 OLB in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000146289/article/mike-mayock-alters-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft

First  Round  Draft Board                                                         Fourth Round Draft Board 

OLB  Alex Okafor                                                                       WR Terrance Williams  

CB Xavier Rhodes                                                                      S Baccari Rambo                                                  

OG Johnathon Cooper                                                               NT  Brandon Williams

ILB Manti Te'o                                                                             CB  Jordan Poyer

CB Desmond Trufant                                                                 CB/FS   Tyrann Mathieu

DE Datone Jones                                                                       CB      Tharold Simon 

the suprise 

OG Larry Warford

third round draft board 

CB Leon Mc fadden

G/C Brian Schwenke

G/C  Barrett Jones

DE/OLB Corey Lemonier

G/T  Dallas Thomas

G/C Travis Fredrick

S  Philip Thomas

Are you telling me to choose from these guys?

If Cooper or Warford are there at #24, I'd take one of them (Warford, then Cooper). Assuming they won't be, I'd take Okafor, Rhodes or Jones, in that order.

In the third, I'd take Barrett Jones.

In the fourth, I'd take Jordan Poyer.

Right.    One guy that I'm aware of.     I love Mayock,  but I'm not prepared to say a player won't get out of the first round based only on Mike Mayock.   

I'd like a few more voices....

I wouldn't touch Collins in the 1st, his tackling does not impress me at all and I dont think he had the quickest of first steps(slow to react to the snap :07), Lost it appears when dropping back into a short zone-2:32 although he did make  nice play at :15, Not active enough with hands, poor tackling technique  (:30, :45, :56, 1:26)  and get pushed off the ball to easy 1:54 in other words questionable strength, thats what his combine showed as well)just my opinion