Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FLS Mock Draft - 4/5/13

We've had some moves that were made and FA is calming down so I thought I'd join the fun and do another mock draft for your criticism   :)

Round 1 : Tank Carradine OLB Florida State - There is just no way that the Colts FO can be secure with Erik Walden. This guy is a game-wrecker and one of the best under the radar pass rushers available in this draft. 

http://youtu.be/yYQxvNexRHk

Round 3 : Tyrann Mathieu CB/FS LSU - Yup...the Honey Badger. It's just not fair to let a kid this talented drop so far. I don't believe he's a CB in the NFL. Probably a Free Safety...but that is convenient considering Bethea is entering the last year of his contract. 

Round 4 : Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon - Nothing wrong with getting stronger at ILB in Pagano's defense. 

Round 6 : Earl Watford OG James Madison - A lot of mixed opinions on this kid, but if he's there in the 6th round, we should definitely take advantage of any opportunity that puts Mike McGlynn on the sidelines. 

Round 7 : Jasper Collins WR Mount Union - Oh Mount Union...you give us so many under the radar prospects. I like Collins a lot and I do believe he'll drop to the 7th round and we could gain great value from him for years to come. 

Round 7 : Josh Johnson CB Purdue - Doesn't have great speed but solid in man coverage. This would be a more useful pick for this years Mr. Irrelevant than last year...

If we drafted Mathieu in the 3rd I would lead a revolt to west 56th street the likes of no one has ever seen before. The guy is too small for a FS and isn't a good cover guy either. He is destined to be a career nickle corner for a zone coverage team. 

That's a really good draft.

Really??? No offense to FLS, we all have our different opinions, but I really don't like a single pick on this one. Carradine, Like others have already said is coming off ACL surgery, that's always a red flag IMO. Mathieu is a guy with no true position, no way he's a safety and can't cover to save his life. Don't think we really need and ILBer, Watford is undersized and not very strong. For a man blocking team, we need bigger, stronger guys up front. Collins is another tiny WR that pretty much brings nothing different to the other 5 guys on the roster just like him. Josh Johnson isn't bad, but I don't like the pick because he won't be available with the last pick of the draft IMO. Mayock said he's one of the most under rated CB's in the draft.

We've had some moves that were made and FA is calming down so I thought I'd join the fun and do another mock draft for your criticism   :)

Round 1 : Tank Carradine OLB Florida State - There is just no way that the Colts FO can be secure with Erik Walden. This guy is a game-wrecker and one of the best under the radar pass rushers available in this draft. 

http://youtu.be/yYQxvNexRHk

Round 3 : Tyrann Mathieu CB/FS LSU - Yup...the Honey Badger. It's just not fair to let a kid this talented drop so far. I don't believe he's a CB in the NFL. Probably a Free Safety...but that is convenient considering Bethea is entering the last year of his contract. 

Round 4 : Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon - Nothing wrong with getting stronger at ILB in Pagano's defense. 

Round 6 : Earl Watford OG James Madison - A lot of mixed opinions on this kid, but if he's there in the 6th round, we should definitely take advantage of any opportunity that puts Mike McGlynn on the sidelines. 

Round 7 : Jasper Collins WR Mount Union - Oh Mount Union...you give us so many under the radar prospects. I like Collins a lot and I do believe he'll drop to the 7th round and we could gain great value from him for years to come. 

Round 7 : Josh Johnson CB Purdue - Doesn't have great speed but solid in man coverage. This would be a more useful pick for this years Mr. Irrelevant than last year...

I like the draft not sure on the round for selection. He's a good player but we've already got Pat Jarrell and Cavell. I think if there was somebody better who could come off the edge I might take him in the 4th round instead of Alonso. Maybe take Watford in the 4th if there isn't somebody coming off the edge worthwhile. Rest of the mock looks pretty good to me

Kiko Alonso is being projected as a second rounder by NFLNetwork in their NFC North mock or maybe it was AFC. Extremely unlikely that Mathieu makes it out of the second. Carradine doesn't really strike me as a 3/4 olb, he seems like a traditional 4/3 DE like his counterpart Bjoern Werner. Still not a bad mock though. Just giving my thoughts, no disrespect.

Really??? No offense to FLS, we all have our different opinions, but I really don't like a single pick on this one. Carradine, Like others have already said is coming off ACL surgery, that's always a red flag IMO. Mathieu is a guy with no true position, no way he's a safety and can't cover to save his life. Don't think we really need and ILBer, Watford is undersized and not very strong. For a man blocking team, we need bigger, stronger guys up front. Collins is another tiny WR that pretty much brings nothing different to the other 5 guys on the roster just like him. Josh Johnson isn't bad, but I don't like the pick because he won't be available with the last pick of the draft IMO. Mayock said he's one of the most under rated CB's in the draft.

No offense taken. I feel the exact opposite on literally everything you are saying. I stand firmly by the picks. 

Kiko Alonso is being projected as a second rounder by NFLNetwork in their NFC North mock or maybe it was AFC. Extremely unlikely that Mathieu makes it out of the second. Carradine doesn't really strike me as a 3/4 olb, he seems like a traditional 4/3 DE like his counterpart Bjoern Werner. Still not a bad mock though. Just giving my thoughts, no disrespect.

I'm not moved by NFL Network's mock drafts. Nobody is every 100% right on picks. I remember last year having Jared Crick in my mock draft in the 3rd, people complained and said he'd go in the 2nd according to "XXXX mock draft", then he went in the 4th round. 

Rolando McClain just got released by Oakland anybody think the colts should have a look at him he played 3-4 at Alabama. thoughts?.

Yep I would like him me and a few others lol most hate the idea but he's a better 3-4 LBer then Angerer and he's us really good at stopping the run

Ugh..statements like these are why I wish people would stop regurgitating everything the media has to say. The man is a turnover machine and he's got the physicality to play in the NFL.

Well we will see I agree he was a monster in college but he is too dam small. He won't do much in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong,but I doubt it.

Well we will see I agree he was a monster in college but he is too darn small. He won't do much in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong,but I doubt it.

People said the same things about Ray Lewis and London Fletcher. They turned out to be pretty decent at their position.

People said the same things about Ray Lewis and London Fletcher. They turned out to be pretty decent at their position.

different position entirely plus at the time Ray Lewis was 250 or so lbs not a 5'9" 186lbs. Given his reckless style of play he is just an injury waiting to happen once he take a few shots at a bigger stronger wr over the middle or a TE plus his cover skills are below average at best, he does have a position though and thats Nickel Corner and at best a FS that can roam around and make plays but I wouldn't draft him, to many bigger Safeties throughout the entire draft that in my opinion are as good or better

different position entirely plus at the time Ray Lewis was 250 or so lbs not a 5'9" 186lbs. Given his reckless style of play he is just an injury waiting to happen once he take a few shots at a bigger stronger wr over the middle or a TE plus his cover skills are below average at best, he does have a position though and thats Nickel Corner and at best a FS that can roam around and make plays but I wouldn't draft him, to many bigger Safeties throughout the entire draft that in my opinion are as good or better

ok. I disagree. no big deal.