Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My gut tells me........

My first two choices are still

D Hopkins

Or trade the pick and get into the early 2nd round and get Warford

But...... My gut is telling me that our pick will be Jesse Williams

Not sexy, but a guy that can play both end and NT and not be moved is essential to a 3-4

I KNOW that we just brought in a DT......I know that we have Chapman

The big fattys can't play the whole game without a rotation

My gut tells me it will be Williams.........

Or.......... Maybe it was something I ate.......

I keep remembering how poorly Ray Lewis did when there were injuries on the DL a few years back in Baltimore.

Having talented, immovabable objects in the middle equates to 3rd and long...........

Vs 3rd and 1 that our defense CONSTANTLY gets

I think we still need a part time pass rusher (Philips) but an additional thug that can play multiple positions is needed.

The more i dig I am beginning to believe that if Ijalana will play this year - we gotta go Pass Rush in the 1st - or trade down for two 3rds & a 2nd. 

I seen someone talking about a trade down scenerio with SF that worked out number-wise - but I'm not that knowledgable about trading down - imma Colt - i just started caring about FA & the entire draft last year.  

I must also say having the 2 'Bama Boys up front sounds lovely. Jesse Williams. Quiet its kept - id like to have another 'Bama Boy in the middle - Nico Johnson.

I'm not a Williams guy....   but I will say this....

If we do take him,  I would not be happy if we do it in the 1st round...

I think he's someone you trade back and take in the 2nd round....     if we get him in the 2nd,  I can live with that.   

But 1st round?     No.

I dont think Jesse Williams can be had in the 2nd round. Hes not going to get past the 49ers or the Patriots.

If we want him, we have to get him for the 24th pick.

One thing it is though, if the Colts truly want an elite line like the way Grigson wants it and keep it in intact for alteast the next 5 years....two things. Trade up for Cooper or trade back for Warford.

Castanzo-Thomas-Shipley-Cooper/Warford-Cherilius 

As elite as it can get, give them a year or two and theyll be arguably the best line in the league.