Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This surprised me....

Walter footballs newest 5 rounder has us taking

1: Daonte Jones De

3: Damontre Moore olb 

4: Davod Queesenberry OG

WOW is all I can say I understand the kid didn't do well at the combine but round 3!?!? Nobody had him falling out of the top 10 two months ago! Not saying I wouldn't like it just saying I was shocked

That would be great, but I don't think its very realistic to expect Moore to fall all the way to the bottom of the 3rd round.. I'd have to expect that Quessenberry will also be gone by the bottom of the fourth as well...

Anything can happen, though... would be very nice if we could get all three without having to trade...

When trusted talent evaluators say "teams will need to do their homework" on a guy that was projected great but failed at the combine, some times it means more than just watching more tape and scrutinizing his interviews.  It may also mean comparing a guys numbers to the number of those players that have already made very successfully with similar numbers.This become the risk factor, when compared to round selection it will be made in. If there isn't a history of guys with those (or similar) numbers at that position making it as a game changer, he will fall in the draft (for many teams). You never know but some are numbers be darned and just go for it, risk and all.  I could see the guy dropping down. Or someone taking the risk.  I can see either, unfortunately.