Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is not Jeremy Maclin. You don't refer to him as a "whopper". Period

MacLin would be a GREAT add with Luck throwing to him.  He is EXACTLY what the colts need at WR, and would bring a Marvin Harrison type skill-set to the Colts WR corps. (Not saying he is Marvin, but he does have the speed, hands and smarts to make a wicked #2 WR - paired with Reggie and with TY in the slot, Luck would have a full arsenal to play with at WR.   Not that this talent was always on display with the inaccurate Vick and the rookie Foles - but I think it is there. I really hope it is Maclin that Irsay and Grigs are targeting! PLEASE NOT KEVIN WALTER!!!!

MacLin would be a GREAT add with Luck throwing to him. He is EXACTLY what the colts need at WR, and would bring a Marvin Harrison type skill-set to the Colts WR corps. (Not saying he is Marvin, but he does have the speed, hands and smarts to make a wicked #2 WR - paired with Reggie and with TY in the slot, Luck would have a full arsenal to play with at WR. Not that this talent was always on display with the inaccurate Vick and the rookie Foles - but I think it is there. I really hope it is Maclin that Irsay and Grigs are targeting! PLEASE NOT KEVIN WALTER!!!!

Why would you hope it's Maclin? If its Maclin I hope it doesn't work out.

Why would you hope it's Maclin? If its Maclin I hope it doesn't work out.

For exactly the reasons I stated in the post - young talented #2 WR is just what Luck needs with Reggie getting older and TY talented but not yet fully developed.

After sleeping on it, I am all the more convinced it's with Arizona. Remember how Pagano brought a few guys with him from Baltimore? I'm pretty sure Arians will be wanting to follow that blueprint as much as he can.

I'm thinking it'll be something like Brazill and Hughes plus the first for Fitzgerald.

Seems like I've missed a lot of excitement over a lot of nothing so far.... Took me a while to read through and catch up on this one!

Not sure how I would feel about giving up the one for Cruz, there is talent in this draft to be had and I still like the idea of trading back but hey ho see what happens.

After sleeping on it, I am all the more convinced it's with Arizona. Remember how Pagano brought a few guys with him from Baltimore? I'm pretty sure Arians will be wanting to follow that blueprint as much as he can.

I'm thinking it'll be something like Brazill and Hughes plus the first for Fitzgerald.

The more I think about it the more I agree with you..... First, it's supposedly a trade witch would mean no Victor Cruz....... Second, Bruce Arians is the HC of Arizona he might want to thank the Colts for getting him the opportunity and he knows it's not a win now team with a 30 year old WR, he probably wants picks to start building....... And third and most importantly, Jim Irsay hinted that we are up against the cap, we should have somewhere between 12-14 mill under the cap and Larry Fitzgerald is a 15 Mill a year player, his cap number for 2013 is 10 mill but he has a cap number of 18 mill and 20 mill in 2014 & 2015..... Maybee they need to Leave money to sign rookies and don't want to tie up too much money in the 2 upcoming seasons and there trying to restructure....... Pure speculation but that's my train of thought

those are great points.  i would love fitz if he would restructure his contract.  i don't see arians doing us any favors like that especially if it means sending us his best weapon.  unless their worried about affording him the next couple of years

The more I think about it the more I agree with you..... First, it's supposedly a trade witch would mean no Victor Cruz....... Second, Bruce Arians is the HC of Arizona he might want to thank the Colts for getting him the opportunity and he knows it's not a win now team with a 30 year old WR, he probably wants picks to start building....... And third and most importantly, Jim Irsay hinted that we are up against the cap, we should have somewhere between 12-14 mill under the cap and Larry Fitzgerald is a 15 Mill a year player, his cap number for 2013 is 10 mill but he has a cap number of 18 mill and 20 mill in 2014 & 2015..... Maybee they need to Leave money to sign rookies and don't want to tie up too much money in the 2 upcoming seasons and there trying to restructure....... Pure speculation but that's my train of thought

I'm actually torn. We could use a guy like Fitzgerald or Cruz but I actually don't wanna give up probably several draft picks and invest a lot of money (we already spent a lot of it on some guys) in one guy. We shouldn't make the same mistake we did the years before. I say let's build through the draft.

The more I think about it the more I agree with you..... First, it's supposedly a trade witch would mean no Victor Cruz.......

Nobody has said it's a trade!

OK, let me rephrase that.  Nobody who is actually involved in the deal has said it's a trade.  Every so often in this thread someone uses the word trade, and then a bunch of people say it obviously can't be Cruz because we know it's a trade.  We don't.  Irsay didn't say it's a trade, and we have no other reliable source of information on the deal.

those are great points. i would love fitz if he would restructure his contract. i don't see arians doing us any favors like that especially if it means sending us his best weapon. unless their worried about affording him the next couple of years

Don't get me wrong I don't expect Arians to do us any favors but let's just say he made up his mind and he wanted to trade Fitz & He knows what he wants back (decent young WR, #1 and #4).... He could throw us a bone, by calling us first and see if we can make it happen he is familiar with the WRs on the colts and he might want a Brazill or something..... I might be giving it too much thought but I can't help it our loopy owner got me wondering for the last 10 hours

Right I'm gonna do my best to decipher all of Irsay's tweets. 

The car almost ended up n the ditch...swerving towards negativity,but we're still n the fight..we're desperately trying,need coffee,strong!

We need a turnover,slipping away but 4 minutes ago we started running the no huddle...moving the arrow again but it's nip n

tuck!!!!

Everyone stand buy,pour strong drink...do ur voodoo,Colts need the strength of it's nation to get this wopper in the boat! DO U UNDERSTAND!?

I'm looking for Walter,he has The Ringer...the whites...the undies...lotta ins and outs to this thing...THIS IS A LEAGUE GAME,SMOKEY!!!!

quote 1:the car could definitely indicate Cruz as some cars have "cruise control"

quote 2: the fact he mentions "tuck" could also indicate cruz ( with Justin Tuck who is teammates with Cruz) but the fact he mentions "arrow" could implement Dwayne Bowe ( "bow and arrow" or "arrowhead stadium,") However he could imply the WR is from team that uses the No-Huddle ( patriots, broncos,falcons,steelers, packers and dolphins)

quote 3: when he mentions "voodoo" he could be mentioning the New Orleans. That means it could be Marquse Colston or again Dwayne Bowe who played at LSU.

quote 4: "looking for walter" could be similar to "Where's Wally or Where's Waldo" ( he was often known for wearing red and white) which might indicate a team like the Chiefs or the Cardinals.

Conclusion: I havent got the slightest clue who we are getting but I would probably look at Dwayne Bowe or Victor Cruz

Nobody has said it's a trade!

OK, let me rephrase that. Nobody who is actually involved in the deal has said it's a trade. Every so often in this thread someone uses the word trade, and then a bunch of people say it obviously can't be Cruz because we know it's a trade. We don't. Irsay didn't say it's a trade, and we have no other reliable source of information on the deal.

I remember something being tweeted earlier on about the Pats and the Colts working on a Big Trade not necessarily together but on something Big, this was before Irsay started rambling, hence "supposedly"

Right I'm gonna do my best to decipher all of Irsay's tweets. 

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

The car almost ended up n the ditch...swerving towards negativity,but we're still n the fight..we're desperately trying,need coffee,strong!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

We need a turnover,slipping away but 4 minutes ago we started running the no huddle...moving the arrow again but it's nip n

tuck!!!!

Everyone stand buy,pour strong drink...do ur voodoo,Colts need the strength of it's nation to get this wopper in the boat! DO U UNDERSTAND!?

I'm looking for Walter,he has The Ringer...the whites...the undies...lotta ins and outs to this thing...THIS IS A LEAGUE GAME,SMOKEY!!!!

quote 1:the car could definitely indicate Cruz as some cars have "cruise control"

quote 2: the fact he mentions "tuck" could also indicate cruz ( with Justin Tuck who is teammates with Cruz) but the fact he mentions "arrow" could implement Dwayne Bowe ( "bow and arrow" or "arrowhead stadium,") However he could imply the WR is from team that uses the No-Huddle ( patriots, broncos,falcons,steelers, packers and dolphins)

quote 3: when he mentions "voodoo" he could be mentioning the New Orleans. That means it could be Marquse Colston or again Dwayne Bowe who played at LSU.

quote 4: "looking for walter" could be similar to "Where's Wally or Where's Waldo" ( he was often known for wearing red and white) which might indicate a team like the Chiefs or the Cardinals.

Conclusion: I havent got the slightest clue who we are getting but I would probably look at Dwayne Bowe or Victor Cruz

Nice :)

I've convinced myself it's Cruz at this point and now it's just a matter of whether it falls through or not.