Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are going after Levitre

Here's a list of from NFL.com on some of the players on the market this off-season and which teams are pursuing them. They say Levitre is being chased after by the Colts, Titans, SD and the Bills. I've been on the Levitre bandwagon all off-season but another interesting thing is if the Chargers are after him as well they might not be looking to sign Vasquez either. I'd be happy with either so us going after Levitre and Vasquez also being available is ideal all around.

Hopefully this puts an end to people saying that Levitre wouldn't fit the system.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

It won't put an end to it for me. Until I see Grigson say we signed him, I'm not inclined to believe it. I trust that Grigson knows what he's doing, but until I see him play in a man scheme, I will remain sceptical. I know some are convinced he's the greatest guard ever, but I always want to see it with my own eyes.

Jason Cole of Yahoo has been saying this. And Levitre doesn't fit. But honestly, is he any worse than the guys we already have?

He may not be worse; but he is a heck of a lot more expensive.  I don't want to pay that much for someone who is just "not any worse than what we have".

He may not be worse; but he is a heck of a lot more expensive.  I don't want to pay that much for someone who is just "not any worse than what we have".

I agree 100% and is why I'm sceptical of our true interest in him. We very well could be using him as leverage to sign Vasquez who is the much better fit. Maybe Levitre will surprise me if we sign him and play well in a new scheme, but I just don't see him holding up going mano e mano all game long, every game. 

It won't put an end to it for me. Until I see Grigson say we signed him, I'm not inclined to believe it. I trust that Grigson knows what he's doing, but until I see him play in a man scheme, I will remain sceptical. I know some are convinced he's the greatest guard ever, but I always want to see it with my own eyes.

Stick your head in the sand until you have no choice but to admit your skepticism is unwarranted then. Regardless if they sign him or not, it's obvious they want him. You have nothing to base your opinion on other than he's currently in a zone system. I told you already that he was in a man blocking scheme in college and came out as one of the top guards from it. You choose not to listen. You aren't a talent evaluator and have chosen to completely convince yourself of an opinion you don't have the expertise to form.

Stick your head in the sand until you have no choice but to admit your skepticism is unwarranted then. Regardless if they sign him or not, it's obvious they want him. You have nothing to base your opinion on other than he's currently in a zone system. I told you already that he was in a man blocking scheme in college and came out as one of the top guards from it. You choose not to listen. You aren't a talent evaluator and have chosen to completely convince yourself of an opinion you don't have the expertise to form.

Get offended much? I want Vasquez over his for his sheer size. If they are close on skill level give me the bigger guy. He will be able to use his weight and size more throughout the game. And that's not a knock on levitre

Listen. I couldn't really care less if you agree with me or not. I have watched football for 35 yrs. and NO, I'm not an expert but I do know that some lineman can't play one scheme or the other. There is also nothing to suggest that were "obviously" interested, besides some twitter losers that have so called internet sources that have time after time been wrong. I also do not care at all what Levitre done in college. Good God, there have been tons of players that dominated in college and never done anything in the pro's, that argument is absolutely worthless. Back to my expertise on the subject, you're opinion is no more valid than any other person on this forum, If you want to buy into internet noise and what a player done against much lower competition, be my guest but I form an opinion by actually seeing a player prove it.

Listen. I couldn't really care less if you agree with me or not. I have watched football for 35 yrs. and NO, I'm not an expert but I do know that some lineman can't play one scheme or the other. There is also nothing to suugest that were "obviously" interested besides some twitter losers that have so called internet sources that have time after time been wrong. I also do not care at all what Levitre done in college. Good God, there have been tons of players that dominated in college and never done anything in the pro's, that argument is absolutely worthless. Back to my expertise on the subject, you're opinion is no more valid than any other person on this forum, If you want to buy into internet noise and what a player done against much lower competition, be my guest but I form an opinion by actually seeing a player prove it.

I'm not saying that my opinion has any more merit than someone else's, I'm saying that he has played in a man scheme in the past and excelled at it. You claim that he won't do well with nothing of substance to back that up. Pep will also want his guards to pull fairly often as well. If he can match up physically with in the trenches but still have the short area quickness to pull effectively he'll be the better option. Saying you want a guy because he's heavier isn't a reason to me.

I'm not saying that my opinion has any more merit than someone else's, I'm saying that he has played in a man scheme in the past and excelled at it. You claim that he won't do well with nothing of substance to back that up. Pep will also want his guards to pull fairly often as well. If he can match up physically with in the trenches but still have the short area quickness to pull effectively he'll be the better option. Saying you want a guy because he's heavier isn't a reason to me.

What I've said, is that it's my opinion that he may not be a good fit in a man scheme in the pro's. I don't know how I'm supposed to back up my opinion with facts, other than to keep repeating it, which I do everytime a new Levitre thread pops up. 

What I've said, is that it's my opinion that he may not be a good fit in a man scheme in the pro's. I don't know how I'm supposed to back up my opinion with facts, other than to keep repeating it, which I do everytime a new Levitre thread pops up.

What you've said is that he won't fit the system and that you're 99.9% sure that Grigson won't have any interest in him.

The reason you can't back your opinion up is because there is no evidence to back it up, it's pure speculation, and repeating it with strong conviction in ever single thread doesn't make it any more factual.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - inflammatory?
Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - inflammatory?

I agree with this, good post.

What you've said is that he won't fit the system and that you're 99.9% sure that Grigson won't have any interest in him.

No, again everything I've said has been my opinion. Don't care who agree's and who don't. I've even said multiple times that IF we sign him that I hope he prove's me wrong. Yes, I did say that I was 99.9% sure we won't have interest and so far I've seen nothing to prove any different. Like I said, if you want to believe every internet twitter post, be my guest. 

The reason you can't back your opinion up is because there is no evidence to back it up, it's pure speculation, and repeating it with strong conviction in ever single thread doesn't make it any more factual.

Once again, there is no way to back up opinion, I don't understand how that is difficult to grasp. And why shouldn't I repeat myself considering everyday 3 or 4 new threads about Levitre pops up. Some believe he can play in a man scheme and there are some that don't. I will need to see it to believe it. He is a small guard and most of the time small guards are not good man blockers.

Once again, there is no way to back up opinion, I don't understand how that is difficult to grasp. And why shouldn't I repeat myself considering everyday 3 or 4 new threads about Levitre pops up. Some believe he can play in a man scheme and there are some that don't. I will need to see it to believe it. He is a small guard and most of the time small guards are not good man blockers.

so why goto each topic and annoy everyone about it?

I mean why not wait and see what grigson says?

I understand you seem to be a fan more so of vas and others seem to like levitre...why not just leave it at that instead of debbie downing others excitement?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - quoting removed post

I understand you seem to be a fan more so of vas and others seem to like levitre...why not just leave it at that instead of debbie downing others excitement?

Why don't other's show there excitement in the 3 dozen threads about Levitre already cluttering up the forum? It's just as annoying to others that keep seeing the same threads popping up over and over. So I guess 2 can play at that game.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - personal argument

if it bothers you that much report them to a mod otherwise just take break on the forums...no need to add to the issue...people are excited about free agency let them show it instead of being a negative nancy all the time.

Why don't other's show there excitement in the 3 dozen threads about Levitre already cluttering up the forum? It's just as annoying to others that keep seeing the same threads popping up over and over. So I guess 2 can play at that game.

I posted a thread with a link from NFL.com that says the Colts are pursuing him. That's not clutter, that's free agent news. I'm not the type to make a thread that says 'I really like player A', and this is not that.

Apparantely, the old adage is true: Ignorance is bliss!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - quoting removed post

if it bothers you that much report them to a mod otherwise just take break on the forums...no need to add to the issue...people are excited about free agency let them show it instead of being a negative nancy all the time.

As opposed to a wannabe moderator? He can say what he wants, when he wants. If you don't like it, tough.

As opposed to a wannabe moderator? He can say what he wants, when he wants. If you don't like it, tough.

lol relax if hes gonna troll every livitre topic then he needs to be prepared to get bugged about it.

Says the guy who was talking about coming back with a new ip when and if he gets banned.

hows that trolling lol just a defensive measure.

Hey, listen up!

I'm gonna post something. And if you do not agree with it, you're a troll.

lol Brian get on topic and please stop trolling..

Levitre was battling for a starters role the season before this.
Why, run blocking. Limited to finesse.
Being let go why, FAgency will overprice him beyond his abilities.

The guy is unable to perform in the power running game, so any interest shown by the Colts is just part of the FA game.
JMO

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2013 - off topic

The guy is unable to perform in the power running game, so any interest shown by the Colts is just part of the FA game.

JMO

TROLL!!! ;)

JMO

Now you're just making things up? He's started every game of his entire career and here's an article from two years ago saying he was the Bills best lineman. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/7/13/2273731/pff-andy-levitre-is-bills-best-blocker

Please tell me where you saw he was battling to be a starter, I'd love to see it.

Now you're just making things up? He's started every game of his entire career and here's an article from two years ago saying he was the Bills best lineman. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/7/13/2273731/pff-andy-levitre-is-bills-best-blocker

Please tell me where you saw he was battling to be a starter, I'd love to see it.

You are Hilarious.

"They said he was Perhaps the most surprising item, however, was PFF calling out Andy Levitre as the team's best blocker (though, in the interest of accuracy, they did call him the "least worst").

I get what that means! :jump:

"The lack of activity on that front makes one wonder just where Levitre stands with Buffalo's decision-making brass. After all, it was Levitre, and not then-new starting right guard Kraig Urbik, who lost reps to Chad Rinehart in a tumultuous 2011 pre-season that also saw Levitre moonlight at left tackle."

And now they say go. Betcha his replacement is a better power blocker. Just saying.