Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are going after Levitre

You are Hilarious.

"They said he was Perhaps the most surprising item, however, was PFF calling out Andy Levitre as the team's best blocker (though, in the interest of accuracy, they did call him the "least worst").

I get what that means! :jump:

"The lack of activity on that front makes one wonder just where Levitre stands with Buffalo's decision-making brass. After all, it was Levitre, and not then-new starting right guard Kraig Urbik, who lost reps to Chad Rinehart in a tumultuous 2011 pre-season that also saw Levitre moonlight at left tackle."

And now they say go. Betcha his replacement is a better power blocker. Just saying.

So since he was the best guy on a bad line in his second year after being an all-rookie his first means he's not any good? Okay. . .

He is the highest rated free agent guard this year and they would have likely franchised him if they didn't have Byrd, but Byrd is obviously the priority over him. There is no doubt the Bills would like him back.

I notice you left this off of the quote from the article you found.

"In the end, what's clear about the situation is this: replacing Levitre would be a tall order for a Bills offensive line that has struggled with injury at literally every other position up front. Keeping him, at whatever price, would lock in a young interior trio for the foreseeable future. This seems like a no-brainer to lay people like you and I; time will tell if the Bills agree."

I'm not saying that my opinion has any more merit than someone else's, I'm saying that he has played in a man scheme in the past and excelled at it. You claim that he won't do well with nothing of substance to back that up. Pep will also want his guards to pull fairly often as well. If he can match up physically with in the trenches but still have the short area quickness to pull effectively he'll be the better option. Saying you want a guy because he's heavier isn't a reason to me.

But are you sure about that man/power scheme comment? Because according to this column from rivals.com...they rather emphatically note that Oregon State ran a zone blocking system when Levitre was there, and how great it worked with Jaquizz Rodgers at RB.

"Count offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh among the few who predicted that the diminutive Quizz would be a perfect fit for OSU's zone blocking scheme."

SOURCE:

http://p24.rivals.sports.sp1.yahoo.net/content.asp?Load=&CACHE=1&CID=876272&SID=1144

Look.....after years of putrid offensive line play I honestly don't give a crap who Grigson gets, as long as our rushing attack is no longer the NFL laughingstock that it's been for years...and Andrew Luck stops looking like Rodney King every time he drops back to pass.

Bill Parcells...who's forgotten more about talent evaluation than any of us Forum mongoloids will ever learn...said it yesterday.

...."You sign free agents that fit your system".

Either way we'll probably find out in a couple days....howzabout we just root for whoever they bring in.

But are you sure about that man/power scheme comment? Because according to this column from rivals.com...they rather emphatically note that Oregon State ran a zone blocking system when Levitre was there, and how great it worked with Jaquizz Rodgers at RB.

"Count offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh among the few who predicted that the diminutive Quizz would be a perfect fit for OSU's zone blocking scheme."

SOURCE:

http://p24.rivals.sports.sp1.yahoo.net/content.asp?Load=&CACHE=1&CID=876272&SID=1144

Look.....after years of putrid offensive line play I honestly don't give a crap who Grigson gets, as long as our rushing attack is no longer the NFL laughingstock that it's been for years...and Andrew Luck stops looking like Rodney King every time he drops back to pass.

Bill Parcells...who's forgotten more about talent evaluation than any of us Forum mongoloids will ever learn...said it yesterday.

...."You sign free agents that fit your system".

Either way we'll probably find out in a couple days....howzabout we just root for whoever they bring in.

Excellent post as usual PA. Imagine that, somebody not doing the proper research and just throwing out opinions and passing them off as facts. Maybe Levitre did play a little man in college, but like I've said before, who cares? It matters little what he done in college against much weaker competition.

I 100% agree with this. I hope they bring in Levitre but would be plenty happy with Vasquez. I've thrown out hyperbole on the matter because some people here think they're the smartest guy in the room and are ridiculous in their convictions for no reason. Saying that you're positive the FO won't look at Levitre is simply absurd. The most glaring thing is people ignoring his ability to pull on power plays, which is hugely important for a good power running team.

Excellent post as usual PA. Imagine that, somebody not doing the proper research and just throwing out opinions and passing them off as facts. Maybe Levitre did play a little man in college, but like I've said before, who cares? It matters little what he done in college against much weaker competition.

I'm not just throwing things out and passing them off as facts. Cavanaugh has used multiple blocking schemes for years now. And saying that it doesn't matter what someone was successful with in college is just silly. It would be one thing if he had been in an NFL system that he didn't play well in, but neither of us are smart enough to know exactly what his physical talent is capable of in multiple systems. If we did, we wouldn't be posting on here we'd be getting paid and working for a team. You also don't know that he can easily add weight as he's played much heavier in the past. Maybe the O-line coach for Buffalo wants him where he is so he's kept it in check.

I 100% agree with this. I hope they bring in Levitre but would be plenty happy with Vasquez. I've thrown out hyperbole on the matter because some people here think they're the smartest guy in the room and are ridiculous in their convictions for no reason. Saying that you're positive the FO won't look at Levitre is simply absurd. The most glaring thing is people ignoring his ability to pull on power plays, which is hugely important for a good power running team.

You have a really hard time deciphering opinions don't you. Why does it bother you so much that I don't think we'll bring in Levitre? IT"S AN OPINION!!! Once again, I don't care if you agree or not. You are the one being ridiculous. 

You have a really hard time deciphering opinions don't you. Why does it bother you so much that I don't think we'll bring in Levitre? IT"S AN OPINION!!! Once again, I don't care if you agree or not. You are the one being ridiculous.

Saying you're 99.9% sure about something isn't saying you have an opinion, it's claiming you know much more than you do and annoying. Saying you don't think they will do something and you are sure that they won't are completely different things. I don't mind if people's opinions differ from mine, I simply don't like it when people are arrogant about things they've made up themselves without the knowledge to back it up.

Saying you're 99.9% sure about something isn't saying you have an opinion, it's claiming you know much more than you do and annoying. Saying you don't think they will do something and you are sure that they won't are completely different things. I don't mind if people's opinions differ from mine, I simply don't like it when people are arrogant about things they've made up themselves without the knowledge to back it up.

Here is my exact statement.

I still believe with 99.9% certainty that Levitre is not in our plans at all

The "I still believe" should easily imply opinion, but then again you've shown that you don't really pick up on that stuff very well. You have also presented stuff about Levitre's college days and have yet to back a single one up with facts yet. In fact, Pacolts presented a link that completely contradicts your claims. So if you have such a problem with my posts stop replying to them, put me on ignore, or whatever, I DO NOT CARE. You really haven't added anything to the conversations anyway.

Here is my exact statement.

The "I still believe" should easily imply opinion, but then again you've shown that you don't really pick up on that stuff very well. You have also presented stuff about Levitre's college days and have yet to back a single one up with facts yet. In fact, Pacolts presented a link that completely contradicts your claims. So if you have such a problem with my posts stop replying to them, put me on ignore, or whatever, I DO NOT CARE. You really haven't added anything to the conversations anyway.

I believe with 100% certainty that you haven't a clue what Grigson's plans are.