Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Spencer to be franchised...

Looks like the Cowboys are going to franchise him again. Now is this a sign we need to pick up Kruger by paying him the big dollar amount he will want? Or is this a sign we should get someone in the draft?

IMO I think we should get someone in the draft, I know OLB is an immediate need, but I am just not sold on Kruger. Thoughts? 

draft... JMO... Kruger is good, but I'm not sure anyone knows how good...

I really liked Spencer for our 3-4, but I'd be willing to get a promising rookie to compete with Jerry in camp...

Other than RB , I'd think that OLB would be one of the easiest positions for a rookie to make an impact... as long as the DLine is doing their job(s).

draft... JMO... Kruger is good, but I'm not sure anyone knows how good...

I really liked Spencer for our 3-4, but I'd be willing to get a promising rookie to compete with Jerry in camp...

Other than RB , I'd think that OLB would be one of the easiest positions for a rookie to make an impact... as long as the DLine is doing their job(s).

My thoughts exactly. Was his performance due to a just finally getting enough playing time to make an impact with the Ravens' LB injury woes, or did he just show up big in a contract year? I'm not sold on giving a potential one-year wonder big money. I'd rather pick an OLB like Collins or Lemonier in the mid-rounds of the draft.

I think Grigson and Pagano are probably going to go with the idea of Hughes playing the Freeney role, He made 45 plays out of 596 snaps according to Football Outsiders and showed flashes in 6 starts and 10 other games of being in a rotation. (Who I have a hard tme believing most of the time) which means he was in on 7.5 percent of the plays he was in on. For comparison Demarcus Ware played 864 snaps and made 68 plays, 56 tackles and 11.5 sacks which is 7.8 percent. (I rounded up Wares 11.5 sacks to get a whole total number). Jerry Hughes time to shut all his doubters up is here. Its time he got his redemption day

I figured out those numbers according to the snap counts recorded by Football Outsider.com (I aded up the players mentioned weekly snap counts and divided there total plays in on by total snap count and came up with those percentages