Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Yearly Quarterback Rankings

Andy

Couldn't be possible. Tom hasn't been best QB since early 2000's.

Last time he won a Superbowl......

I am not sure what is so hard to understand. I think for any given season the QB that wins it is the best, most successful, however you want to term it. if we want to discuss a period of time, like the last 3 years, or 5 years or decade then more comes into play...

I am not sure what is so hard to understand. I think for any given season the QB that wins it is the best, most successful, however you want to term it. if we want to discuss a period of time, like the last 3 years, or 5 years or decade then more comes into play...

Because you can't have it both ways lol. That's the flaw in what your arguing.

If winning the Superbowl is biggest indicator of who was great, Tom hasn't won in so long.

So that means, by your logic, that since his last Superbowl, Tom Brady hasn't been best QB once in that span. While many other QBs, just based on Superbowl wins, have been best.

Here's the ranking:

test-2.png

Pretty good Andy. I might've plugged in a different number here or there, but that's to be expected.

You may have to add a column to this given the nature of the NFL and changing offenses... something to account for a QB's ability to pick up yards on the ground. Tricky though, since most pocket passers make up for their lack of running ability in other ways, and it's not necessarily something that should work against them.

Because you can't have it both ways lol. That's the flaw in what your arguing.

If winning the Superbowl is biggest indicator of who was great, Tom hasn't won in so long.

So that means, by your logic, that since his last Superbowl, Tom Brady hasn't been best QB once in that span. While many other QBs, just based on Superbowl wins, have been best.

No it doesn't. Like I said for any given year there is one QB that is the greatest, best...if we look at a span of time than more comes into play unless the same QB keeps winning the SB every year. lol.

No it doesn't. Like I said for any given year there is one QB that is the greatest, best...if we look at a span of time than more comes into play unless the same QB keeps winning the SB every year. lol.

Naw, it's still silly to say best wins SB every year. The 18-1 year Tom was best QB even though he didn't win it all.

But we can agree to disagree.

Charts are nice. Stats are great. Fun for debate. But honestly the best QB in 2013 was Joe Flacco, he has the ring the SB MVP and now the highest paid player ever.

LOL, he wasnt even close. he had a nice playoff streak...i agree to that. but was not a best QB in 2013...not even close, and in 2-3 years, his contract might be the worst one handed out. He needs a team and playmakers around him, and with him taking up roughly 1/5 of the contract, thats not going to happen. Boldin made him look good on a lot of them throws.