Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Loadholt, Levitre, Bushrod available-Little use of Franchise Tags

Good article on the low use of Franchise Tags this year, and who is going to be released out into Free Agency. Loadholt, Levitre, Bushrod, Albert, Andre Smith, basically a bevy of good tackles are going to hit the market plus Levitre is a guard I would love to have.

Goldson is not going to be tagged but he wants in the neighborhood of 8M, and that is too much for safety. Of course those are the big names mentioned, but a lot of others are hitting the market. Under the radar a bit, i would love to get CB Toler from Arizona, but we shall see. One week basically to wait and the floodgates open. I expect a lot of action to happen quickly.

I must admit I will be surprised if the Dolphins with all that cap room don't tag anyone. Can't wait until next week, Free Agency and the Hoosiers finish up the regular season hopefully in first place, although that is off topic I know. Still March looks fun for the sports fan!

Oh forgot the link to the article, here it is:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21791789/most-teams-relucant-to-use-franchise-tags-nfc-may-have-only-one

It is good news for a team who definitely needs upgrades on the line like we do. There will definitely be some players that should help a team. The biggest thing we have to guard against is getting caught up with the name recognition. I do it too. The "name" guys are going to want top dollar and there are probably a small percentage of other free agents who play just as well or almost as well that will cost half of what the name guy gets. I'm not opposed to going after a couple of the guys that are going to get top coin, guys like Levitre, Vazquez, Kruger, Smith but I do think that OG is a position that you can get a top player and still not have to pay hime 10 million a year. So, here's to hoping we can get one or two guys on the OL than will upgrade from these below average starters that we have now.

true....  but when/if biding starts....  they generally get overpaid..... 

And I am telling you all...   Indy is going to pay out the nose for the OL talent they land.

What players want and what players get are too different things

true....  but when/if biding starts....  they generally get overpaid..... 

And I am telling you all...   Indy is going to pay out the nose for the OL talent they land.

Depends who they go after. If they go after a LT then they will ha e to pay $$$$. Guards.....not so much.

Well if Indy is just looking to sign re treads then I would be very disappointed. 

The old saying goes....   "you get what you pay for"...        And OL and CB ..   and QB are positions that once they hit FA... 

They get PAID....     deserving or not...   they are paid out of NEED.

Depends who they go after. If they go after a LT then they will ha e to pay $$$$. Guards.....not so much.

Well if Indy is just looking to sign re treads then I would be very disappointed. 

The old saying goes....   "you get what you pay for"...        And OL and CB ..   and QB are positions that once they hit FA... 

They get PAID....     deserving or not...   they are paid out of NEED.

Of course they get paid, but guards don't make what LT do. Eric Winston, one of the better RT tackles in the league signed with KC for 5.5m per last year. Will be interesting to see what Andre Smith gets though

I hope he gets top dollar from INDY.

Of course they get paid, but guards don't make what LT do. Eric Winston, one of the better RT tackles in the league signed with KC for 5.5m per last year. Will be interesting to see what Andre Smith gets though

May wish list for free agency is to some how sign Levitre, and Vasquez (I think that's spelled wrong) for the interior and see how Shipley does as full time center or find a way to grab Barrett jones in the draft would actually give Luck time to step up in the pocket.

Ridiculous to consider our GM would sit and drink coffee until the day of free agency then throw a dart at a board of "name recognized" free agents.
 Grigsons Team will have looked at everyting BUT the Name in evaluating who is on their list of Wants.
Then establish the Value. They ARE considered good at their job!
 And as Grigson implied, if there is someone he really wants, he does have the ammo to make a run at them.

Of course I, would ONLY want a player that would let me OverPay him. :scratch:

Man Loadholt will be available? him or Smith would be nice for RT.

add Randy starks and Schwartz and we added some nice beef to our Lines

Andre Smith is wanting big bucks reports say he wants around $9 mill a year.

But if we have the cap room then i have no problem paying that for one of the top RTs in the league.