Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

deja vu

CR91

I'm sure the Broncos are shaking in their boots at the thought of the great Alex Smith joining the division.

Everyone's been saying it for years now. All the Chiefs need is a competent QB. He's an upgrade over Cassel, that's for sure.

Everyone's been saying it for years now. All the Chiefs need is a competent QB. He's an upgrade over Cassel, that's for sure.

What you're saying is ridiculous. It's preposterous to think a 2-14 team with the #1 overall pick has a shot to make the playoffs just because they added a new QB.  :) 

What you're saying is ridiculous. It's preposterous to think a 2-14 team with the #1 overall pick has a shot to make the playoffs just because they added a new QB.  :) 

well since you put it that way it does sound farfetched haha

In all seriousness though, you got Andy Reid, Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles, Alex Smith and the #1 overall pick. This team might surprise a lot of people next year.

i dont know if alex smith will really do much for the chiefs. i think it was more of the system then smith.

i dont know if alex smith will really do much for the chiefs. i think it was more of the system then smith.

Well Reid is the QB whisperer and Smith is the prototypical west coast passer so even if he manage to just be a solid game manager I still think KC can string together 6-7 wins in a rebuilding year.

I think they could win 5-7 with Smith. He did put up good numbers over the past couple years... But I believe it was more of his supporting cast than it was him. Great OL and running game with a solid D is obviously a huge help.

Great line and running game...sounds like the Chiefs to me. :)

That team has some talent on it and their QBs last year were ridiculously hilariously historically and atrociously bad.

Smith is not Peyton in his prime but he can manage games and they already ran buck wild on us last season. :facepalm:  We gotta stop the run........been saying this since maybe 2000?

You mean the same Cassell that is better than Brady? I had to do it. It was a lay up. :-)

But I agree, this makes the west much more competitive now. Don't sell the Chiefs short either on talent. They have a very stout D and some decent guys on O. Reid will continue to get his type of guys in the next few months. I mean just with Smith and Reid they already have four wins just in their division - Oakland and S.D. They could easily split with the Broncs. They almost beat them once last year.So that would give them 4-5 wins just in the division. They also play a last place schedule.

Can I also say I am really happy for Alex Smith. Gosh, it was brutal to watch what happened to him last year. I will be rooting for him all season to have great success.

You mean the same Cassell that is better than Brady? I had to do it. It was a lay up. :-)

But I agree, this makes the west much more competitive now. Don't sell the Chiefs short either on talent. They have a very stout D and some decent guys on O. Reid will continue to get his type of guys in the next few months. I mean just with Smith and Reid they already have four wins just in their division - Oakland and S.D. They could easily split with the Broncs. They almost beat them once last year.So that would give them 4-5 wins just in the division. They also play a last place schedule.

Can I also say I am really happy for Alex Smith. Gosh, it was brutal to watch what happened to him last year. I will be rooting for him all season to have great success.

The Chiefs have a very talented team and if Reid can get them focused they could do some serious damage and might even have a chance for the wildcard spot. This very team spoiled Packers' hope for a perfect season in 2011. I can see a 49ers' image of turning-around in this team.

But the key to Reid's success is defense - Reid has no idea how to run a defense and the defense failed him in the past several yrs at Eagles ever since his defensive coordinator died. I don't know who he picked for DC at Chiefs but he'd better make a right decision this time.