Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite under the radar Free Agent WR (not another wr post.)

Barden? Why?

We'd be much better off with Steve Breaston IMO. A guy that has actually produced in the league who will come at a decent price.

Barden from a stand point of his height....   he's 6'6"....

He'd give the Colts a different look from the vast majority of our receivers who are in the 5'11-6'0" range...  

In his limited playing time, he's delivered....   the Giants have shown they know how to spot WR's....   they've got a long track record of finding them, and Barden has remained on their roster for all 4-years of his contract....   they haven't cut or traded him...   and, as I said, he's delivered in his limited opportunities....

So, from my perspective,  low risk, high reward opportunity....   won't cost much, and might pay off very big....

Just a hunch.....

Denario Alexander is a restricted free agent. And now the packers are saying they have not ruled out the possibility of putting the tag on Jennings. So he may not end up being an option for long.

He maybe restricted,  but that doesn't stop us from extending an offer....   I suspect it'll be matched by San Diego....

But we might still offer....

He maybe restricted, but that doesn't stop us from extending an offer.... I suspect it'll be matched by San Diego....

But we might still offer....

True, Then the Question would be what would they want for him? Id say no higher than a 5th round pick. But I honestly doubt well be interested in him anyways, just my feeling. I'd bet well take a guy in the draft. Well see...

I feel the ceiling for Brazil is much higher than anyone listed here.  I'm all for signing Dwayne Bowe but I think with Barden, Breasten, Murphy, Sanders, and Hixon we know we would be getting a career #2.  Brazil has shown some flashes and has a much better chance of becoming a star.

I hope Brazil can be our next great WR but I think our future #1 will come from the draft this year or next.