Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stokley To Giants

shakedownstreet

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — After watching the opening weekend of the NFL season play out on television, Brandon Stokley seriously wondered whether his career was over after 12 seasons and two Super Bowl rings.

At 35, Stokley knew he was getting up in age as a receiver and that the new collective bargaining agreement had started a youth movement for many teams.

When Week 1 came to an end, Stokley realized it might be time to start that second career.

The New York Giants put an end to those doubts on Wednesday and gave stokley a chance to play with an up-and-coming teenager he caught passes with at a summer camp back in Louisiana in the mid 1990s — Eli Manning.

source

Sweet!!! Wish we could of kept him a few more years. Dude was awesome in the slot. Eli needs all the help he can get right now. That team is devastated with injuries.

Funny story to share about Stokes. I had my son at camp in Terre Haute (we live there) and at the end of practice we went over to where Brandon was to get his autograph on a mini helmet. If any of you have been to camp you probably have seen adults push kids out of the way to get autographs. Well this time was no different as this TOOL pushed his way through a crowd of kids that was a good 20 feet deep to get to the front. My son and I were already up front waiting our turn when I heard commotion going on behind us. I bit my tongue, as there were too many young ones around me, although it was difficult to accomplish. I looked at Brandon as this was going on and he was just glaring at the guy. After he made it to the front he stuck out a brand new unsigned full size helmet for Brandon to sign. I was hoping Brandon would just ignore the guy and not sign it but to my amazement he reached over and snagged the helmet from his hand. The whole time with a glaring look of disgust on his face. What he done next made me laugh so hard. He didn't sign his name on the helmet, instead it was just a huge "X" that went from the top of the helmet to the bottom going through the horseshoe. The look on this dudes face was priceless as just got owned by Brandon for being an *. He handed back the helmet and without saying a word to the guy grabbed my sons helmet, signed it and gave him his gloves that he velcroed around the facemask. My son thanked him and I shook his hand while telling him how awesome that was. He just smiled and said "kids come first, always".

Sweet!!! Wish we could of kept him a few more years. Dude was awesome in the slot. Eli needs all the help he can get right now. That team is devastated with injuries.

Funny story to share about Stokes. I had my son at camp in Terre Haute (we live there) and at the end of practice we went over to where Brandon was to get his autograph on a mini helmet. If any of you have been to camp you probably have seen adults push kids out of the way to get autographs. Well this time was no different as this TOOL pushed his way through a crowd of kids that was a good 20 feet deep to get to the front. My son and I were already up front waiting our turn when I heard commotion going on behind us. I bit my tongue, as there were too many young ones around me, although it was difficult to accomplish. I looked at Brandon as this was going on and he was just glaring at the guy. After he made it to the front he stuck out a brand new unsigned full size helmet for Brandon to sign. I was hoping Brandon would just ignore the guy and not sign it but to my amazement he reached over and snagged the helmet from his hand. The whole time with a glaring look of disgust on his face. What he done next made me laugh so hard. He didn't sign his name on the helmet, instead it was just a huge "X" that went from the top of the helmet to the bottom going through the horseshoe. The look on this dudes face was priceless as just got owned by Brandon for being an *. He handed back the helmet and without saying a word to the guy grabbed my sons helmet, signed it and gave him his gloves that he velcroed around the facemask. My son thanked him and I shook his hand while telling him how awesome that was. He just smiled and said "kids come first, always".

Awesome story!