Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Foster to undergo Heart Procedure

coltsfanmilyman

Arian is most likely going to undergo a procedure for an irregular heartbeat.  As much as I don't like the Texans, I hope he gets well.

Procedure is apparently pretty common too.

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans running back Arian Foster says he's considering a heart procedure to address a condition that forced him out of a game.

Foster
told the NFL Network's Alex Flanagan on Thursday that he will "likely
undergo" a heart ablation in about a month. An ablation involves the use
of a catheter to correct structural problems that can lead to an
abnormal heartbeat, according to the Mayo Clinic's official Web site.

The 26-year-old Foster left in the third quarter of Houston's 23-6 loss to
Minnesota on Dec. 23 with an irregular heartbeat. Coach Gary Kubiak said
after the game that Foster had also experienced the problem in a
practice.

Foster rushed for 1,424 yards and 15 touchdowns in 2012.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/8904383/houston-texans-rb-foster-considering-heart-procedure-report-says

He's actually changed his mind and won't have it done.

He & I actually have the same heart condition, I'm 99% sure anyway. It's not really much more than an inconvenience but for athletes it can be a little more problematic, especially when it happens in the middle of a game like it did to him.

He's actually changed his mind and won't have it done.

He & I actually have the same heart condition, I'm 99% sure anyway. It's not really much more than an inconvenience but for athletes it can be a little more problematic, especially when it happens in the middle of a game like it did to him.

I think he should do it...no need to have anymore in-game scares. These athletes need to understand that football is a luxury, life and health need to come first. But who am I to tell the guy what to do with his heart. :dunno:

I too suffered from an irregular heart beat roughly two years ago (I'm age 27 now). For a few weeks, it was so bad, I couldn't play online games, since even games elevate heart levels. I also felt it at night, and it was effecting my sleeping habits. On certain days, I wondered if I'd die. I never had an issue with my heart before, and unlike trivial things, like leg cramps, a "broken" heart is a scary thing.

I'm not 100% sure of how I beat it, but one day for fun, during my college's pilates/yoga course, we did body fat % index tests. My fat % turned out to be 4.5%, which is 0.5% lower than the absolute minimum for someone of my height (6'5"), gender (male), and age. I never knew having a bit of body fat is actually a good thing! I joined a gym, bought protein powder, avoided caffeinated beverages, ate smaller meals, never skipped breakfast, and tried balancing out my diet with more fruits and nuts. Eventually, I only felt one palpation per day, then one a week, and now none at all.

Now that I beat it, I'm back on caffeinated beverages again, but I still hit the gym, eat small, and remind myself to not skip meals. I'm not saying Foster needs to gain weight, but that's just how I solved my issue. The heart is a mysterious muscle.