Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne?

Dustin

Wayne or Harrison?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which receiver would you rather have on your team?

Stryker..why do I say that?

Marvin's best year was age 30...over 1,700....and he had 1,000 yard seasons after that but nothing approaching the 1,700.

Reggie never had that 1,600, 1,700-yard year (Marvin has had a couple) but he's had four VERY strong seasons 4 of his BEST in the last four..AFTER age 30...

I thought Reggie's 960 yards (75 catches) receiving with 4 different QBs we got off the shelf in 2011..was better than any of Marvin's over-30 1,000 yard seasons and Reggie's 1345 in 2012 with a rookie QB is, I think the most yards ANY WR has ever CAUGHT from a rookie.QB..

and Marvin was a nonfactor at age 35 and beyond..due to his knee..

That's why i'd take Reggie over-30...and Marvin till age 30...

But like Paco says: we're debating cake and pie here...

Don't forget Reggie never had to split his time with another receiver 1000 yard wide receiver over 30. Marvin had to three times, and one of those times we had three 1000 yard receivers. Reggie has only eclipsed 10 TDs once while 30 and over. While Marvin never fell below 10 until his knee injury.

When Marvin was the only receiver we had his production is not matched by any other receiver in NFL history during an equal time span. Marvin's "decline" started at age 31, but don't forget this is also the start of when we had TWO number one receivers on our team. His production was still above league average. How many number one guys have to say they were opposite of another number one. The ball can only go around so much.

What Reggie has done these past two seasons Manning-less is better the two seasons Marvin was Manning-less except TD wise. I'll take Marvin's career over Reggie's. To this day Marvin only has a one game advantage over Reggie, 190 games to 189. Reggie's production is no where near Marv's.

If Reggie makes it past this next season at age 35. I'll give him the longevity over Marvin because 35 is when Marvin went down. That is about it. Production, route running, catching, and athletic wise Marv is better. Even at age 30 and over.

When it comes down to one season, one game, one play I'll take Marvin in all three aspect at any point in his career over Reggie at any point.

If we are just talking about which one I like more it's Reggie.  Reggie became one of my top three all-time favorite Colts when he elected to stay this past off-season.

As for who is the better player?  It's Marvin Harrison and that is NO slap at Reggie.  Reggie is going to go down as one of the best WRs in Colts history and of his generation.  Marvin Harrison stacks up as one of the top five greatest WRs to ever play the game.  I think people forget just how good Marvin was during the prime of his career.  People also forget during years that Marvin put up his best numbers our second, third, and fourth best receiving threats were two tightends and a runningback before you got to the next best WR on the roster.  While that might have inflated Marvin's numbers some in terms of throws going his way it also meant teams focused on trying to take Marvin away alone and still couldn't do it. 

It's really sad Marvin had the knee injury that really ended his career.  While he was slowing down a little bit and Reggie was emerging as the clear number one on the team had Marvin not gotten hurt I think he would have gone on for a few more years at a pretty high level.  With that said Marvin retired in the top three in just about every single passing record there was for a career.  Had he stayed healthy I think he would have been second to only Jerry Rice in just about every single one of them when he retired. 

Don't forget Reggie never had to split his time with another receiver 1000 yard wide receiver over 30. Marvin had to three times, and one of those times we had three 1000 yard receivers. Reggie has only eclipsed 10 TDs once while 30 and over. While Marvin never fell below 10 until his knee injury.

When Marvin was the only receiver we had his production is not matched by any other receiver in NFL history during an equal time span. Marvin's "decline" started at age 31, but don't forget this is also the start of when we had TWO number one receivers on our team. His production was still above league average. How many number one guys have to say they were opposite of another number one. The ball can only go around so much.

What Reggie has done these past two seasons Manning-less is better the two seasons Marvin was Manning-less except TD wise. I'll take Marvin's career over Reggie's. To this day Marvin only has a one game advantage over Reggie, 190 games to 189. Reggie's production is no where near Marv's.

If Reggie makes it past this next season at age 35. I'll give him the longevity over Marvin because 35 is when Marvin went down. That is about it. Production, route running, catching, and athletic wise Marv is better. Even at age 30 and over.

When it comes down to one season, one game, one play I'll take Marvin in all three aspect at any point in his career over Reggie at any point.

I bet you think about that claim if said situation is a "PLAYOFF" game?   In fact I know you would...

Reggie Wayne is my favorite Colt WR.

If we are just talking about which one I like more it's Reggie.  Reggie became one of my top three all-time favorite Colts when he elected to stay this past off-season.

As for who is the better player?  It's Marvin Harrison and that is NO slap at Reggie.  Reggie is going to go down as one of the best WRs in Colts history and of his generation.  Marvin Harrison stacks up as one of the top five greatest WRs to ever play the game.  I think people forget just how good Marvin was during the prime of his career.  People also forget during years that Marvin put up his best numbers our second, third, and fourth best receiving threats were two tightends and a runningback before you got to the next best WR on the roster.  While that might have inflated Marvin's numbers some in terms of throws going his way it also meant teams focused on trying to take Marvin away alone and still couldn't do it. 

It's really sad Marvin had the knee injury that really ended his career.  While he was slowing down a little bit and Reggie was emerging as the clear number one on the team had Marvin not gotten hurt I think he would have gone on for a few more years at a pretty high level.  With that said Marvin retired in the top three in just about every single passing record there was for a career.  Had he stayed healthy I think he would have been second to only Jerry Rice in just about every single one of them when he retired. 

IMO..  Justice is served. 

Marvin was just a total tool.    And in the end a bit too much of his "real life" was coming out.  He needed to go away.

Reggie is a good guy.   And has given this franchise great rerspect.   And the fan base.    I hope Reggie gets most of Harison's recorsds.

If we are just talking about which one I like more it's Reggie. Reggie became one of my top three all-time favorite Colts when he elected to stay this past off-season.

Before marvin was injured, reggie was never emerging as the number. He was clearly the number two.

As for who is the better player? It's Marvin Harrison and that is NO slap at Reggie. Reggie is going to go down as one of the best WRs in Colts history and of his generation. Marvin Harrison stacks up as one of the top five greatest WRs to ever play the game. I think people forget just how good Marvin was during the prime of his career. People also forget during years that Marvin put up his best numbers our second, third, and fourth best receiving threats were two tightends and a runningback before you got to the next best WR on the roster. While that might have inflated Marvin's numbers some in terms of throws going his way it also meant teams focused on trying to take Marvin away alone and still couldn't do it.

It's really sad Marvin had the knee injury that really ended his career. While he was slowing down a little bit and Reggie was emerging as the clear number one on the team had Marvin not gotten hurt I think he would have gone on for a few more years at a pretty high level. With that said Marvin retired in the top three in just about every single passing record there was for a career. Had he stayed healthy I think he would have been second to only Jerry Rice in just about every single one of them when he retired.

IMO..  Justice is served. 

Marvin was just a total tool.    And in the end a bit too much of his "real life" was coming out.  He needed to go away.

Reggie is a good guy.   And has given this franchise great rerspect.   And the fan base.    I hope Reggie gets most of Harison's recorsds.

That may be true, but that's not the point of the thread. Who is the better receiver, not the better person? The better teammate award goes to Reggie hands down, but the better receiver award goes to Marvin.