Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

An overlooked thing from the Patriots loss in the AFCCG

buffalo34

....that was the final game called by Gil Santos, the voice of the Pats. I'm obviously not a fan of the Pats but he was a pretty good announcer to listen to.

Still think my favorite radio guy is Paul Allen (Vikings). I get fired up listening to this guy and I have next to no interest in the Vikings.

....that was the final game called by Gil Santos, the voice of the Pats. I'm obviously not a fan of the Pats but he was a pretty good announcer to listen to.

Still think my favorite radio guy is Paul Allen (Vikings). I get fired up listening to this guy and I have next to no interest in the Vikings.

I listen to Paul Allen's radio program every day at work. If you can believe it he is always like that! It's pretty cool. But being like that he is a huge homer and is wrong quite often.

He is my favorite game announcer as well!

Here's a nice little tribute to "The Voice of the Patriots."

A very nice man there with a great booming voice. I listened to Gil Santos do a few Pats/Colts games on my Sirus Satellite Radio. He's a fantastic, play by play announcer & he was quite complementary of my Colts & the new direction of that team loaded with young talent, good coaching, & a franchise QB in Luck. Enjoy your retirement Mr. Santos you've definitely earned it. Good advice too: Watch the ref/zebra for confirmation not the roar of the crowd reaction. Thanks for posting this GoPats!  :thmup:

Good announcer. Remember when I was young we didn't have a TV set, so we had to listen to games on the radio.

Well said Bogie! There is something about the mystique of the radio that HD TV & cellar fiber optics that just can't quite be captured in the same way radio does. On my Satellite radio, there is an entire channel devoted to old radio programs where people act out murder mysteries complete with voices, screams, sound effects, & creaking doors. It is so cool!  :dancing: