Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Tyrann Mathieu or The Gullible One?

I'd much rather have the Honey Badger. He won't require a high draft pick. He was a game changer against the best competition including Alabama. IF he has learned from his problems we won't forever be reminded by other fan bases about his goofy story. What are your thoughts?

Like I said, get him around the "Right" Crowd, he'll change. Just like we did Vontae & Geathers

But I see the Redskins drafting him unless we beat them to it. We'll see in April

So you think he'll go in the first round? I would be shocked given lack of height plus missing a year with drug issues. I could see both guys available to us and MT mostly because of his play in the big game, not that any NFL owner wants to be laughed at.

So you think he'll go in the first round? I would be shocked given lack of height plus missing a year with drug issues. I could see both guys available to us and MT mostly because of his play in the big game, not that any NFL owner wants to be laughed at.

1st Round??!!! NOOOO. I was talking maybe 5th or later. Instead of the usual Shanahan drafting a RB,he takes the Badger.

He's not worth a 1st Round. Xavier Rhodes may go 1st round though

1st Round??!!! NOOOO. I was talking maybe 5th or later. Instead of the usual Shanahan drafting a RB,he takes the Badger.

OK that makes sense. I couldn't understand why Skins would beat us to him. I think he could someday be a great DB and could be electric on special teams immediately. But he must be a goofball so would be a gamble.

There are enough teams willing to take their chances. I'd be shocked if the Loony Badger lasts past the 3rd round.

Like I said, get him around the "Right" Crowd, he'll change. Just like we did Vontae & Geathers

But I see the Redskins drafting him unless we beat them to it. We'll see in April

4th round pick wouldnt be so bad, especialy since we will be given possible compensation picks for manning and clark (4th and 5th or 5th and 6th cant remember) but like you said if the redskins dont get him first. their mock has them getting Amerson in the second, Rambo in the 3rd and Mathieu in the 4th  so  idk. Washington really needs the DB help, that is what killed them last year, as for us it was help to stop the run.  but if we could get TJ Mcdonald (Safety) instead then id be happy.

Give me the honey badger coming off the edge in our defense. He's played in the SEC and made plays every weekend. Teo shrank in the biggest stage of his career. Guys were running through his arm tackles like he was Raggedy Ann. And if they weren't running through his arm tackles he seemed to be a step slow.

4th round pick wouldnt be so bad, especialy since we will be given possible compensation picks for manning and clark (4th and 5th or 5th and 6th cant remember) but like you said if the redskins dont get him first. their mock has them getting Amerson in the second, Rambo in the 3rd and Mathieu in the 4th  so  idk. Washington really needs the DB help, that is what killed them last year, as for us it was help to stop the run.  but if we could get TJ Mcdonald (Safety) instead then id be happy.

We do not get compensation picks for Manning and Clark (they are not even eligible to be in the equation) .... we will be lucky to get any comp. picks by the time we offset the FAs we picked up.

We do not get compensation picks for Manning and Clark (they are not even eligible to be in the equation) .... we will be lucky to get any comp. picks by the time we offset the FAs we picked up.

Not sure about that...garcon signed a deal worth 8.5m per year and the colts didn't sign anyone of note. That being said, how they award comp picks is a mystery....

Not sure about that...garcon signed a deal worth 8.5m per year and the colts didn't sign anyone of note. That being said, how they award comp picks is a mystery....

I hope your right ... I posted the list of the guy who got most of the picks right last year and he doesn't have us getting any either ...but at least makes note he could be wrong about the Colts.

I want to draft Tyrann. 4th round would be ideal, but I have a feeling he will go in late 3rd. He may be a "risk" but the reward could be so good. We wouldn't need to sign Ed Reed and we could use Tyrann and Bethea. He only got in trouble for weed, it's not that big of a deal, >50% of the league smokes lol. With the right coaching and mentoring, he could be great. He's a high motor play-maker, I'd take the risk. I just hope Grigs thinks the same.