Draft:

Rd1: Lane Johnson OT (6'6 - 302lb) - Oklahoma

Rd3: Darius Slay CB (6'1 - 190lb) - Mississippi State

Rd4: Jonathan Cyprien S (6'0 - 209lb) - Florida International

Rd5: Kwame Geathers DT (6'5 - 335lb) - Georgia

Rd6: Aaron Mellette WR (6'3 - 216lb) - Elon

Rd7: Wes Horton DE (6'5 - 261lb) - USC

OL:  Castonzo - Rinehart - Shipley - Vasquez - Johnson

Anthony Spencer recently stated that he wants to remain in Dallas......he played 4-3 in college and says he is comfortable with the switch.....he would be my first choice too for a F.A. OLB.......so may have to at least anticipate going in a different direction.

Anthony Spencer recently stated that he wants to remain in Dallas......he played 4-3 in college and says he is comfortable with the switch.....he would be my first choice too for a F.A. OLB.......so may have to at least anticipate going in a different direction.

That doesn't mean Dallas wants to keep him.....and they probably won't. Not that I want the colts to sign him. Somebody will overpay for his services and will be rewarded with 5 sacks

FA:

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB

Louis Vasquez OG

Phil Loadhoalt RT

i agree with you about Vasquez  but i don't think will go offense in the 1st round defense needs to improve

Rd1 Sam Montgomery OLB - Freeney's replacement, great against the run and good pass rusher

Rd3 Larry Warford OG - Mauler type will start at RG

Rd4 Jonathan Cyprien or Bacarri Rambo SS - One of these safeties should be available

Rd5 Kwame Geathers NT- Need for depth

FA:

Louis Vasquez OG (6'5 - 335lb) - Chargers

Anthony Spencer LB (6'3 - 250lb) - Cowboys

Chad Rinehart OG (6'5 - 321lb) - Bills

William Hayes DE (6'3 - 272lb) - Rams

Draft:

Rd1: Lane Johnson OT (6'6 - 302lb) - Oklahoma

Rd3: Darius Slay CB (6'1 - 190lb) - Mississippi State

Rd4: Jonathan Cyprien S (6'0 - 209lb) - Florida International

Rd5: Kwame Geathers DT (6'5 - 335lb) - Georgia

Rd6: Aaron Mellette WR (6'3 - 216lb) - Elon

Rd7: Wes Horton DE (6'5 - 261lb) - USC

OL:  Castonzo - Rinehart - Shipley - Vasquez - Johnson

Spencer is great, but if he's not available we can get Bennett, Johnson, Kruger, or Hayes in FA....  otherwise I like it... the draft will clear out after combine and FA... depending on who we resign, this early FA period should leave us with enough $$ to stock some competition at other positions and look for hidden gems as well

FA:

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB

Louis Vasquez OG

Phil Loadhoalt RT

i agree with you about Vasquez  but i don't think will go offense in the 1st round defense needs to improve

Rd1 Sam Montgomery OLB - Freeney's replacement, great against the run and good pass rusher

Rd3 Larry Warford OG - Mauler type will start at RG

Rd4 Jonathan Cyprien or Bacarri Rambo SS - One of these safeties should be available

Rd5 Kwame Geathers NT- Need for depth

Thinking Warford is going to be there in the 3rd is very optimistic....at this point he is prob the #3 guard in the draft

Spencer and Dallas are having talks about a contract extention, although I have no idea how they can pull it off. They are somewhere around 18 million over the cap so unless they cut a bunch of guys, I don't see it happening.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/27/cowboys-have-had-preliminary-contract-talks-with-spencer/

I have also seen many wanting Jake Long, he supposedly wants 10 million a yr. so people need to forget that too. He isn't worth close to that IMO.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/27/report-jake-long-wants-at-least-10-million-annually/

That's the reason why I would draft Lane Johnson in the first round if he is available! There aren't many quality Offensive Lineman available in free agency. I expect most of them especially the Tackles to get resigned or just too expensive. I don't expect the Broncos to let Clady go and also the Patriots losing Vollmer. I know we have a lot of holes on the Defense but we need to protect our QB first and while Winston Justice is servicable he is injured too often. And we have absolutely nothing behind him and Castonzo. With Johnson and Castonzo we would have two young and talented Offensive Lineman for the years to come. The CB class is deep so we can get a quality young talent in the third round to pair him with Vontae and if we add another veteran like Grimes or Jenkins we have a nice competiton in training camp. I also don't expect William Moore from the Falcons and Jairus Byrd available but definitely would go after one of them if available. 

1.  Offensive: Cooper (G)

Defensive: Ansah (OLB) Elam/Reid (S)

3. Offensive: Watson or Warford (OL)

Defensive: Jelani Jenkins or Porter or Thomas or Minter (LB)

4. Offensive: DaRick Rogers (WR)

Defensive: Kwame Geathers (NT)

5. Offensive: Kenyon Barner (RB/WR) Brad Wing (P)

These are the people that we need to re-sign & through free agency. Even if we have to make some adjustments with the cap room that we have these individuals need to be signed. The deals need to be fair and be looking long-term. I would prefer not getting into Trouble again like we have been the last 2 to 3 years.

Re-sign: Pat McAfee, Darius Butler, Jerraud Powers, Winston Justice, and Austin Collie (vet min) Drew Stanton, Donnie Avery, Cassius Vaughn

as far as the free agent signings I think we get one or the other of the outside linebackers. In a perfect world I’d like to get two out of the four lineman listed. There listed in order of those I’d like first. If there’s any money left over I think Landry could be a good fit to replace Tom. He’s often injured and not an every down player. Put him on special teams and let them play 12 plays a game. That’s what he’s good at.

FA Signings:  Connor Barwin OLB, Anthony Spencer,  Andy Levitre OG, OT Andre Smith, Will Beatty, Jake Long, SS LaRon Landry

Draft: I have three players in each round that I think are draft the bull at the spots. Because of not knowing who will be there and who may be gone that’s why I put them in order of first pick to third pick in each round. I believe we also may get one or two compensatory picks for free agents lost most likely won’t be above a fourth-round pick and may be only one.

Round 1: Justin Pugh Dallas Thomas Barrett Jones

Round 3: Marcus Lattimore Kwame Geathers Tharold Simon

Round 4: Robert Lester Cordian Hagans Jacob Fahrenkrug

Round 5: Akeem Shavers Nicholas Williams Kurt Hammerschmidt

Round 6: Antavian Edison Jonathan Stewart Charles Dieuseul

*I have no idea what our compensatory picks may or may not look like, so I didn't include them.

Starters: these are the starters that I see going into the season if everything works out the way I’d like. Again like above if there are two names the first is the best hope in the second is a backup plan. The NFL’s like women can be very fickle, and not known to be figured out.

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Vick Ballard

WR: Reggie Wayne

WR: Donnie Avery

WR: TY Hilton

TE: Dwayne Allen

LT: Anthony Castonzo

LG: Winston Justice Joe Reitz

C: Samson Satele

RG: Andy Levitre 

RT: Will Beatty Winston Justice

FS: Antonie Bethea

SS: LaRon Landry Joe Lefeged 

CB: Vontae Davis

CB: Cassius Vaughn

ILB: Pat Angerer

ILB: Jerrell Freeman

OLB: Robert Mathis

OLB: Connor Barwin Anthony Spencer

DE:Fili Moala

NT: Josh Chapman

DE: Cory Redding

K: Adam Vinatieri 

P: Pat McAfee

KR: Deji Karim 

PR: TY Hilton

LS: Matt Overton

I'm not sure if the FA signings are a little too optimistic or not, but that's why it's only 1.0 

I hope to continue to update this as we move closer to the draft. But hey any input would be great for conversation. What do you think?