Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking back a little on the Ravens playoff loss....

Jules

Just a few random thoughts.

At the time going into the playoffs I WANTED to play Baltimore as many of us did. I guess really do be careful what you wish for because you never know who can get hot at the right time, especially when it's a veteran team who is usually a tough opponent in the playoffs.

After seeing what the Ravens did to the Broncos/Patriots I felt less bad and more pleased with the Colts performance vs. the Ravens in a hostile environment in Luck's first playoff action.

Yes, we could not get a TD. But, Adam did miss a FG and so technically I like to think Luck was able to put up 12 points. 1 less point then the heavily favored Pats did at home vs. the Baltimore D. In addition, the Patriots got shut out in the entire second half.

The Colts defense also gave up less points to the Ravens offense then the Broncos and Patriots defenses did.

And yes I realize every game has it's own situations and story lines too but on the road vs. the AFC Champs we hung in there for a while with a fighting shot to win......

Just a few random thoughts.

At the time going into the playoffs I WANTED to play Baltimore as many of us did. I guess really do be careful what you wish for because you never know who can get hot at the right time, especially when it's a veteran team who is usually a tough opponent in the playoffs.

After seeing what the Ravens did to the Broncos/Patriots I felt less bad and more pleased with the Colts performance vs. the Ravens in a hostile environment in Luck's first playoff action.

Yes, we could not get a TD. But, Adam did miss a FG and so technically I like to think Luck was able to put up 12 points. 1 less point then the heavily favored Pats did at home vs. the Baltimore D. In addition, the Patriots got shut out in the entire second half.

The Colts defense also gave up less points to the Ravens offense then the Broncos and Patriots defenses did.

And yes I realize every game has it's own situations and story lines too but on the road vs. the AFC Champs we hung in there for a while with a fighting shot to win......

To make you feel even better, the Colts played the Ravens on the road as opposed to at home like the Broncos & the Pats did.  Of the points you mentioned, I was most surprised that our defense allowed the fewest points to them.  That is somewhat encouraging.  Colts still have so much room for improvement after this season...it is scary to think how good they can be in a few years.

To make you feel even better, the Colts played the Ravens on the road as opposed to at home like the Broncos & the Pats did.  Of the points you mentioned, I was most surprised that our defense allowed the fewest points to them.  That is somewhat encouraging.  Colts still have so much room for improvement after this season...it is scary to think how good they can be in a few years.

Same.

I kept thinking during the game if we could get a TD maybe the game would start to go our way but.......yikes. It didn't happen. Red Zone woes again and I do give credit to the Ravens D too.

And our road woes had haunted us all season long but I think we hung in there as long as we could until the tide changed for good.

I think Luck said after the game something like, "When you can only put up FGs and they put up TDs you are not going to win."

Same.

I kept thinking during the game if we could get a TD maybe the game would start to go our way but.......yikes. It didn't happen. Red Zone woes again and I do give credit to the Ravens D too.

And our road woes had haunted us all season long but I think we hung in there as long as we could until the tide changed for good.

I think Luck said after the game something like, "When you can only put up FGs and they put up TDs you are not going to win."

Yes credit definitely goes to that Ravens defense. They came out inspired and brought it for 4 quarters.  The Colts offense moved the ball impressively against them but just could not put it in the endzone when they needed to.  Luck was harrassed & pressured all day but maintained his composure well enough for a rookie in his first playoff game. Some of his throws were off and our receivers dropped a lot of passes.  But I never saw that "deer in the headlights" look in his eyes and he did not make any sour faces or visibly show any signs of frustration. Refreshing.  He just picked himself up and continued to try to make plays.   The end result wasn't what we hoped for but the Colts got a taste this year. 

Yes our guys played their heart out this year and left it all on the field more days than not. I am very Proud to call myself a Colts fan.    And wouldnt trade them for any other team in the league. I dont care that they are watching the BIG GAME from home they are all winners for all that they have overcome this year.  And the future looks very bright for this team. I just wish that training camp started tomorrow. :rock:

And there were things that could have been corrected, like the drops that ended drives.

Thanks Jules for pointing out how the Ravens dominated both the Pats and Broncos D's.  Ours did a lot better in comparison.

But I'm still rooting for the Jimmys.