Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game #1 Texan at Lions

ColtsBlueFL

I felt worried before about meeting the Lions at ford Field. Now I know I'm worried. We haven't been that good on the road and Detroit is matching the Texans blow for blow. Actually, it's the Texans trying to keep up score for score. A minute and a half left if 1st half, Texans ball, Detroit leads 21-14.

if u can contain johnson (either one), you can beat these teams. if you cant.....good luck.

That's the deal... I don't think we have the horses to contain either one. Especially if we don't get our pass rush back. And both Texans and Lions D fronts are worrisome for our O-line. We need our home games against Bills and Titans, even including the one Vs. the Texans. Possibly resting some playmakers at that point. Maybe we can steal one in KC too.

I can agree with the penalty being added when a coach throws a flag for a challenge when it's already going to be challenged, but I don't agree that they don't follow through with the review process. Isn't it about getting things right? Penalize the over-zealous coach who is either out of his mind or doesn't fully understand the rules, but still get the play correct on the field.

Epic fail by the Refs against Detroit. They jobbed them bad! Worst call since the Hoculi fumble. but Schwartz jobbed himself the worst! By immediately throwing the challenge flag on a non reviewable play, the upstairs officials cannot do their automatic review because of a scoring play. Wow. Just wow.

Scores & turnovers are... Unless the coach throws the flag. Since they are automatically reviewed they treat it as a penalty and then disregard the review process which to me is absurd.

I want to meet the man who wrote that into the rule book lol.

What happened to making "all calls the correct calls"?

I have no clue.... It's just a concept I can't comprehend.

I get how a coach can get mad and throw it, and I can see how they can feel it might be "getting shown up" to a point, but if it is supposed to be reviewed anyway then review it and tack off the 15 yards....

Here you go on who made it a rule

Of course the owners as a group signed off on it as well.

Unreal.

I can agree with the penalty being added when a coach throws a flag for a challenge when it's already going to be challenged, but I don't agree that they don't follow through with the review process. Isn't it about getting things right? Penalize the over-zealous coach who is either out of his mind or doesn't fully understand the rules, but still get the play correct on the field.

\

U WOULD THINK SO

what do they call it --- calls need to be correct for "THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME " this could alter , if Texans win do to this, Future texan strategy as helps lock up 1st seed faster & destroy Lions Hopes all in 1

NOt just a possible game change but playoff seeding and elimination of potentional contender all on 1 BAD call

I have no clue.... It's just a concept I can't comprehend.

I get how a coach can get mad and throw it, and I can see how they can feel it might be "getting shown up" to a point, but if it is supposed to be reviewed anyway then review it and tack off the 15 yards....

Here you go on who made it a rule

Of course the owners as a group signed off on it as well.

Personally you deserve to be shown up for making that call.

Refs are accountable for nothing I feel. Because they never really have to own up to mistakes lol.

I didn't know this rule about the challenge flag until it was explained. Bad call, the player WAS down and it would most likely have been reversed. But then Schwartz should have already known not to throw the flag. I have a feeling that Detroit is going to lose their momentum because of this.It will probably go down to the final minutes; I really hope the Lions can pull off a win but not optimistic right now.

I Edited it after u already liked me to

U WOULD THINK SO

what do they call it --- calls need to be correct for "THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME " this could alter , if Texans win do to this, Future texan strategy as helps lock up 1st seed faster & destroy Lions Hopes all in 1

NOt just a possible game change but playoff seeding and elimination of potentional contender all on 1 BAD call

If the Texans win the result is a farce IMO.

Because they forced a turnover or because the Lions defense hasn't gotten the job done at least yet in overtime? It was a bad call but didn't decide the game, The Lions defense is deciding that right now

Because they forced a turnover or because the Lions defense hasn't gotten the job done at least yet in overtime? It was a bad call but didn't decide the game, The Lions defense is deciding that right now

If you subtract 7 this game is over lol.

Which ref has money on this game and ruled that a Houston interception haha.

How deflating for the Lions....ouch. This game and the Pack.

I am not sure if Houston will rest the last game since right now I think they lose in NE. NE has not lost in the second half of the regular season since like 2009 too lol.

But, overall I don't think they are unbeatable either......for any team. You just need to finish.

How deflating for the Lions....ouch. This game and the Pack.

I am not sure if Houston will rest the last game since right now I think they lose in NE. NE has not lost in the second half of the regular season since like 2009 too lol.

But, overall I don't think they are unbeatable either......for any team. You just need to finish.

I just want the Texans to win out to week 15. At leas at that point the game won't mean anything to them, and we'll be fighting for the playoffs. Emotion can be a huge edge.

I just want the Texans to win out to week 15. At leas at that point the game won't mean anything to them, and we'll be fighting for the playoffs. Emotion can be a huge edge.

I am not afraid of playing the Texans at home if the game means something. Bring it on. Schaub has major choke potential as always and the D is showing cracks. I mean I know I am supposed to bow down to them.....like Atlanta.

But, wow the Lions are soooo dumb........

I am not afraid of playing the Texans at home if the game means something. Bring it on. Schaub has major choke potential as always and the D is showing cracks. I mean I know I am supposed to bow down to them.....like Atlanta.

But, wow the Lions are soooo dumb........

No fear for the Texans here either, I just want the easiest road the the Playoffs. :)

Pride tells me I want the Texans to still be fighting for something when we play them because I want to see how far we are from stacking up against one of the best, we can look at there skill positions position by position and line ours up with theres and the results on paper are not pretty but until we get both teams out there at full strength we wont know how close we are to them, Logic says we arent that close in many areas but the game is played with more then logic.