Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Orleans (+6) at Denver

oldunclemark

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to be a clear cool night for football....perfect for me...game time around 55 degrees dropping into the 40's during the game. I go with Peyton Manning and the Broncs.......Sunday Night is Manning night in Denver. Brees is on fire...but I am feeling this one. Go number 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Looks to be a clear cool night for football....perfect for me...game time around 55 degrees dropping into the 40's during the game. I go with Peyton Manning and the Broncs.......Sunday Night is Manning night in Denver. Brees is on fire...but I am feeling this one. Go number 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I hope you guys are right. I'm always, always scared ;)

2 articles

If D performs and Porter , who will play according to denver Post how much time is the question and can whomever plays CB do what Harris & Carter did that last quarter please do it Vs Brees

---------------------------------

above as per this article

It was a breakout performance for Harris (two interceptions, one for a touchdown) and Carter (interception, and fumble recovery for touchdown) and they had a bye week to enjoy it.

How Broncos coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio divvy up the cornerback playing time schedule opposite Pro Bowl left corner Champ Bailey probably won't be decided until later in the week.

Porter's health will be a determining factor. He practiced on a limited basis Monday for the first time since he fell ill, but he remains questionable to play against his former team.

Read more:Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter to take on former team: the Saints - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2A9g8583l

Pressuring either Drew Brees or Peyton Manning can prove perplexing

BIG DECISIONS HERE FOR BOTH TEAMS & SAME ONE

do u dare to blitz the QB that can pick it up and deliver the right play etc

Both Jack Del Rio and Steve Spagnuolo have been NFL head coaches previously in their careers. They've run the show for the Jaguars and Rams, respectively, so they know a headache or two when they see them.

And the two certainly get industrial-sized temple pounders this week.

That's because they each get a member of the NFL's exclusive "60 club" across from them Sunday in Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Spagnuolo, the Saints defensive coordinator, gets Peyton Manning across from his reeling defense that has surrendered at least 450 yards four times this season and at least 500 yards twice.

There are just four quarterbacks in NFL history with at least 60 career 300-yard passing games — that's five regular seasons — and Manning leads the way with 67, including his last three starts.

The fourth list is Del Rio's problem Sunday. Saints quarterback Drew Brees has 61 career 300-yard passing games.

truth be told, Brees had notched the 61st by halftime against the Buccaneers this past Sunday — 313 of his 377 passing yards and all four of his passing touchdowns came in the first half in the Saints' comeback win over Tampa Bay.

And while quarterback prospects are routinely measured by arm strength, foot speed, a ruler and a scale,

it is the speed of thought that lifts Manning and Brees. They think fast, throw fast and simply don't let defenses settled in enough to pressure them a great deal.

In fact, opposing defenses have gotten to Manning and Brees at roughly the same rate, which has been not nearly enough for any defensive coach's liking.

talk to many defensive coaches in the league, and Manning and Brees are considered two of the most difficult passers to both consistently pressure and sack along the way.

In a league where defensive coaches are consistently looking for inventive ways to pressure quarterbacks, Brees and Manning are two of the best at getting rid of the ball before the extra rusher can even make too much progress on the play. They often take the teeth out of a defensive scheme

whichever defense solves the riddle first Sunday will likely power the team that eventually gets the win.

Read more:Pressuring either Drew Brees or Peyton Manning can prove perplexing - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz2A9hROz4v

Before I make my picks for this week Brent, Are you betting on the game?..If you're betting I'm going the other way..If not I'll take your advice..lol..j/k

I think Denver should win..

No reason to be scared..Denver has a better running game, better QB, better D, Better K..

Just gotta believe!

THESE ARE OFFENSIVE STATS -- SEE MY 3 dark COMMENTs AT END

Denver run game only more yards per game due to less attempts , Broncos as a team rank right behing colts, Saints last , Colts & Saints runs at 3.7 per attempt, Broncos 3.6

http://www.cbssports...lar?&_1:col_1=5

But passing yards gives total edge to saints , if u just go by stats

http://www.cbssports...lar?&_1:col_1=7

Total yards per game go to Saints

http://www.cbssports...lar?&_3:col_1=6

scoring slightly more to saints

http://www.cbssports...lar?&_3:col_1=4

WHO CARES ABOUT STATS - Broncos will move that ball & D will show its teeth again

THEN AGAIN , Saints have worse scoring D of all teams

IF U WANT TO CHECK OUT ALL STATS< TEAMS < PLAYERS , ST , IT's Etc etc

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats

No reason to be scared..Denver has a better running game, better QB, better D, Better K..

Just gotta believe!

WHO CARES ABOUT STATS - Broncos will move that ball & D will show its teeth again

THEN AGAIN , Saints have worse scoring D of all teams

IF U WANT TO CHECK OUT ALL STATS< TEAMS < PLAYERS , ST , IT's Etc etc

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats

Thanks guys, but ttats and reasons don't comfort me. I'm just alway scared when it comes to the Broncos nowadays. It didn't used to be like this, but everything seems unpredictable and they are! I'm just waiting 'til our offense putting it all together—then I'll be more at ease. Hope it's coming soon...

How in the world are world can anybody pick the Saints to win? Spags defense can't stop anybody! I don't care how great Brees is...If your secondary sucks, #18 will slice New Orleans up all night like a oven baked Thanksgiving turkey. Are you kidding me?!!

Trust me, the Broncos are leaps and bounds above than the Saints this year. No contest IMO.

It sounds like the Colts-Saints game when the Saints came marching in on opening night after we became SB champs. That is the feeling I get for this game. Poor Jason David, is all I can remember, LOL :).

As bad as the Saints' D was then, their O is infinitely better with Sproles and Graham in it. The same Brees that could not dink and dunk us to death because he was a big play guy that did not have the patience to deal with the Tampa 2 we played in 2007 improved to the version of Brees in 2009 that dinked and dunked us to death in the SB. Sorry, my "us" still refers to the Colts, but you get my point. :)

Thanks guys, but ttats and reasons don't comfort me. I'm just alway scared when it comes to the Broncos nowadays. It didn't used to be like this, but everything seems unpredictable and they are! I'm just waiting 'til our offense putting it all together—then I'll be more at ease. Hope it's coming soon...

The you really must've been petrified last year with the unpredictability of (UGH I hate saying his name)..Tebow...Peyton gives the Broncs stability and leadership...At least you have a great chance of making the Playoffs and going all the way....

You know, I'm a Saints fan and if we lose this game, we lose this game...if we win it, we win it.

Both these teams aren't looking the hottest right now, except Denver's got a much better defense than the scrubs I have to watch every Sunday that don't know the definition of tackling (Roman Harper I am talking about you buddy). I would take the Saints offense over them (better WR's) but as history has proven, I can't name every player that the Saints let go to another team and come back and beat them with a career game (too many to mention) so I'm quite worried that Tracy Porter has a huge game. It just kills me seeing him and Manning on the same team, still can't process that :headspin:

These teams have one thing in common. They both live and die on their QB to keep throwing it over and over.

This is going to be a 40+ shootout, with Denver winning because the Saints D is just that much worse.

Who said the Saints defense is much worse? We're REALLY much worse! Look at Vincent Jackson's 95 yard run, and I'm just shocked no one was there to tackle him. Yeah we stopped them on 4th and goal but still, that was painful. Freeman completes just 50% and he goes over 400 yards. :facepalm:

I wasn't expecting our defense to be really improved from last year with the same scrubs. Just watch Roman Harper, Jenkins, Robinson, and most the time if they aren't getting burned by deep ball, they look flat out clueless at trying to tackle. It was the story of their lives last year.

The you really must've been petrified last year with the unpredictability of (UGH I hate saying his name)..Tebow...Peyton gives the Broncs stability and leadership...At least you have a great chance of making the Playoffs and going all the way....

Ha ha ha. I was not at all petrified last year. I never really believed that #15 was the solution, and so, when Elway finally succumbed to the enormous pressure from the crazed Tebow fans, and when they started arguing everything good came from #15 and everything bad from the rest of the team, I kind of checked out. I had the curiosity of a rubbernecker almost. I was worried that we would win just enough to have to keep him and suffer for 2-3 years until finally everyone sees what I saw. Thank God Peyton came to the rescue. But the flip side of that is that I am now a lot more nervous. He came to Denver to win it all, and I feel somehow personally responsible for wanting him if my team lets him down. I know it doesn't make any sense at all but I feel that way nonetheless.

These teams have one thing in common. They both live and die on their QB to keep throwing it over and over.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease a little bit :) But two names scare me: Drew Breese and Darren Sproles.

I don't think we want to just throw over and over but we've had had to so far for falling behind so much. I hope to see more ground game.

Ha ha ha. I was not at all petrified last year. I never really believed that #15 was the solution, and so, when Elway finally succumbed to the enormous pressure from the crazed Tebow fans, and when they started arguing everything good came from #15 and everything bad from the rest of the team, I kind of checked out. I had the curiosity of a rubbernecker almost. I was worried that we would win just enough to have to keep him and suffer for 2-3 years until finally everyone sees what I saw. Thank God Peyton came to the rescue. But the flip side of that is that I am now a lot more nervous. He came to Denver to win it all, and I feel somehow personally responsible for wanting him if my team lets him down. I know it doesn't make any sense at all but I feel that way nonetheless.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease a little bit :) But two names scare me: Drew Breese and Darren Sproles.

I don't think we want to just throw over and over but we've had had to so far for falling behind so much. I hope to see more ground game.

as long as we are averaging 50 passes a game, Sproles isn't getting the carries like he did last year.

I know, I love Sproles, but the Saints have made it quite clear they are not running the ball this year. Pierre Thomas averaged 10 yards a carry, he gained over 110 yards on only 10 carries in a game and Brees still threw 40-50 passes in that game. I don't know why we are throwing it that much, if it's because we paid Brees like that or Carmichael running the plays, but something has got to give. Last year this team could run it down your throat, but this year they don't even care about running the ball, even though we have 2 great RB's; Thomas and Sproles.

as long as we are averaging 50 passes a game, Sproles isn't getting the carries like he did last year.

I know, I love Sproles, but the Saints have made it quite clear they are not running the ball this year. Pierre Thomas averaged 10 yards a carry, he gained over 110 yards on only 10 carries in a game and Brees still threw 40-50 passes in that game. I don't know why we are throwing it that much, if it's because we paid Brees like that or Carmichael running the plays, but something has got to give. Last year this team could run it down your throat, but this year they don't even care about running the ball, even though we have 2 great RB's; Thomas and Sproles.

Oh great! I'm going to sleep better tonight. I would rather have Drew Brees throw 50 times :)

You know, I'm a Saints fan and if we lose this game, we lose this game...if we win it, we win it.

Both these teams aren't looking the hottest right now I'm quite worried that Tracy Porter has a huge game. It just kills me seeing him and Manning on the same team, still can't process that :headspin:

I respect you Bogie and you are right. Neither the Broncos or the Saints are firing on all cylinders right now. Manning and Brees are on equal footing. Sproles and McGahee are on equal footing. This game will be decided by CBs Champ Bailey and Tracy Porter IMO. Porter joining forces with #18...Priceless...

Oh great! I'm going to sleep better tonight. I would rather have Drew Brees throw 50 times :)

haha

You know the amount of throws in this game will be through the roof. Too bad it's not a Gruden game since he would be unable to contain himself.

Oh and Vitt is back for the Saints this weekend after serving his OWN suspension.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8538619/joe-vitt-returns-new-orleans-saints-serving-six-game-suspension

I respect you Bogie and you are right. Neither the Broncos or the Saints are firing on all cylinders right now. Manning and Brees are on equal footing. Sproles and McGahee are on equal footing. This game will be decided by CBs Champ Bailey and Tracy Porter IMO. Porter joining forces with #18...Priceless...

Seeing Porter with Manning still blows my mind. Something about that is just not right.

Saints have not lost in primetime for 3 years now, long streak of winning their Sunday and Monday night games, but this year has been a mess for them.

Seeing Porter with Manning still blows my mind. Something about that is just not right.

Saints have not lost in primetime for 3 years now, long streak of winning their Sunday and Monday night games, but this year has been a mess for them.

Value signing dear.

In case of emergency Porter can play WR due to already having previous postseason chemistry with Manning.

Sorry guys, bad joke. :hide: But, it was soooo coming and I blame Bogie for his fixation on Porter!! :smack:

Value signing dear.

In case of emergency Porter can play WR due to already having previous postseason chemistry with Manning.

Sorry guys, bad joke. :hide: But, it was soooo coming and I blame Bogie for his fixation on Porter!! :smack:

lmao Thanks so much for the image. That's going to be my security blanket!

I know what you mean Bogie. I still can't get used to Jeff Saturday as a Packer and Dallas Clark as a Tampa Bay Buccaneer either after being a Colt for so long. It's eerie man...Must be a Halloween curse or something. I feel your pain Bogie. I really do. Your Saints are a very good team though. I gotta be honest. Your squad will rebound next season with HC Sean Payton on the sidelines again.

76456-jeff-saturday-leaves-the-field-77ae9.jpg

Dallas+Clark+New+Orleans+Saints+v+Tampa+Bay+Wo2h0B_f0tGl.jpg

sure we all get that way too at times, whatever happens its out of our control, all phases of game need to come together for the entire game for a change then maybe no worries

Yeah, I noticed that.

2007 & 2011, they lost openers to Manning and Rodgers on Thursday night openers vs defending champs.

Their Sunday night wins have come against Eli Manning, Big Ben, Curtis Painter and recently Philip Rivers - all of them at home. Tony Romo beat them in 2009 at home in a Saturday night game. That is why I felt Philip Rivers playing the Saints in the dome vs Peyton playing the Saints in Denver would be a schedule difference maker for the AFC West division.

The numbers for Brees on Monday night have been even more amazing - he whipped the Packers in 2008, Patriots in 2009, got a big division road win vs Falcons in 2010 etc.

This Sunday night should be a good duel but I just think playing away from home and playing a QB like Peyton who can keep up with Brees on the road may be the difference, and that is why the Broncos, I feel, will win. Besides, Peyton would feed McGahee all day if he felt the Saints were playing pass all night but Brees might still be a different story leaning towards the pass more.

Yeah, I noticed that.

2007 & 2011, they lost openers to Manning and Rodgers on Thursday night openers vs defending champs.

Their Sunday night wins have come against Eli Manning, Big Ben, Curtis Painter and recently Philip Rivers - all of them at home. Tony Romo beat them in 2009 at home in a Saturday night game. That is why I felt Philip Rivers playing the Saints in the dome vs Peyton playing the Saints in Denver would be a schedule difference maker for the AFC West division.

The numbers for Brees on Monday night have been even more amazing - he whipped the Packers in 2008, Patriots in 2009, got a big division road win vs Falcons in 2010 etc.

This Sunday night should be a good duel but I just think playing away from home and playing a QB like Peyton who can keep up with Brees on the road may be the difference, and that is why the Broncos, I feel, will win. Besides, Peyton would feed McGahee all day if he felt the Saints were playing pass all night but Brees might still be a different story leaning towards the pass more.

u note McGahee

all depends if I am reading charts right

check out yards per game \given up by rushing

Saints 2nd worse at 160.3 per game

Denver 115.2 per game are 15th, Chargers habe given up the least

http://www.cbssports..._1=5&_1:col_2=5

If reading right Saints have given up nearly 100 yards more per game in passing

http://www.cbssports..._1=7&_1:col_2=7

How in the world are world can anybody pick the Saints to win? Spags defense can't stop anybody! I don't care how great Brees is...If your secondary sucks, #18 will slice New Orleans up all night like a oven baked Thanksgiving turkey. Are you kidding me?!!

Trust me, the Broncos are leaps and bounds above than the Saints this year. No contest IMO.

NOLA can drop 56 points on you..that's how they'd win....

I hope NBC left 4 hours for this game

You can man-to-man New Orleans because Brees isnt going to run when you (the DBs) turn your back

I like giving Porter and Bailey 2 weeks off to get ready for a game

Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter was absent Thursday from the early portion of practice at Dove Valley, continuing the uncertainty as to whether the usual starter will be available to play Sunday night against his former team, the New Orleans Saints, at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Because of an undisclosed illness, Porter missed the Broncos' last game — the come-from-behind victory at San Diego on Oct. 15.

Following the bye week, Porter returned to the practice field on Monday and also worked out Wednesday, in pads. He was listed as "limited" on Wednesday's injury report.

Read more:Broncos' Tracy Porter absent from early portion of Thursday practice - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21854019/broncos-tracy-porter-absent-from-early-portion-thursday#ixzz2ALDGXasF

Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter was absent Thursday from the early portion of practice at Dove Valley, continuing the uncertainty as to whether the usual starter will be available to play Sunday night against his former team, the New Orleans Saints, at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Because of an undisclosed illness, Porter missed the Broncos' last game — the come-from-behind victory at San Diego on Oct. 15.

Following the bye week, Porter returned to the practice field on Monday and also worked out Wednesday, in pads. He was listed as "limited" on Wednesday's injury report.

Read more:Broncos' Tracy Porter absent from early portion of Thursday practice - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...y#ixzz2ALDGXasF

It's curious and worrisome. Some were speculating concussion but the team remains mum. I hope he's alright...

It's curious and worrisome. Some were speculating concussion but the team remains mum. I hope he's alright...

THIURSDAY INJURY REPORT,, Saint & Broncos

Broncos all practiced fully even those with issues except Porter DNP at all so as of now all else should play

Saints only 3rd TE DNP from injury, rest limited and probably will play

will know more friday

3 links

This report showing Broncos & Saints today's report

http://www.milehighr...y-injury-report

2 links encase I am not here Friday

& Broncos Website Injury List

http://www.denverbro...ury-report.html

SAINTS Web site Injury List

http://www.neworlean...ury-report.html

THIURSDAY INJURY REPORT,, Saint & Broncos

Broncos all practiced fully even those with issues except Porter DNP at all so as of now all else should play

Saints only 3rd TE DNP from injury, rest limited and probably will play

will know more friday

3 links

This report showing Broncos & Saints today's report

http://www.milehighr...y-injury-report

2 links encase I am not here Friday

& Broncos Website Injury List

http://www.denverbro...ury-report.html

SAINTS Web site Injury List

http://www.neworlean...ury-report.html

Thanks, Barry. Wow, DNP... I am concerned for his well-being.

I agree 100% BAB. I really like Porter despite the fact that he killed the final Colts drive in the 2009 SB.

If you can't beat him, join him in Denver right #18!!! :thmup:

http://youtu.be/zjbw6WSFqEw

His health is all that matters now. Hopefully, he is mending nicely.

spt-120909-tracy-porter.nbcsports-grid-8x2.jpg

I agree 100% BAB. I really like Porter despite the fact that he killed the final Colts drive in the 2009 SB.

If you can't beat him, join him in Denver right #18!!! :thmup:

His health is all that matters now. Hopefully, he is mending nicely.

Yeah, definitely, SW. Just learned that the team is holding him back. He had seizure in August and was showing the sign of pre-seizure symptoms prior to the San Diego game. I'm glad the team doctors are being conservative with him. He is still hoping to be cleared to play on Sunday. I don't know much about seizure but I'm guessing it's a serious thing.

Yeah, definitely, SW. Just learned that the team is holding him back. He had seizure in August and was showing the sign of pre-seizure symptoms prior to the San Diego game. I'm glad the team doctors are being conservative with him. He is still hoping to be cleared to play on Sunday. I don't know much about seizure but I'm guessing it's a serious thing.

Absolutely BAB, seizures are a very serious matter. I knew a guy in high school that couldn't drive a car as a result of seizures. They are a very scary and unsettling condition to witness firsthand. I wouldn't wish that horrific experience on anyone. I sincerely hope that Porter is A Okay. Take all the precautions that are necessary. No need to rush anything IMO. When Porter has the medical clearance to play, he will play. Gods speed Porter...