Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New wrinkle - Freeney getting snaps at TE?

SOMDColtsfan

Jay Glazier interviewed Dwight Freeney on NFL Network and Dwight admitted he played TE in high school and took some snaps in practice at TE. How cool would that be in some goal line situations!

Well we cut one of our tightends this week and I think we only had three on the roster to start with. I know we signed a fullback but if we want to use that three tightend set we have wanted to use at times someone would have to be the third tightend.

Jay Glazier interviewed Dwight Freeney on NFL Network and Dwight admitted he played TE in high school and took some snaps in practice at TE. How cool would that be in some goal line situations!

not cool at all.... @19m I want his overpaid tail getting after the QB....

Or better yet just in a game at his point, we all know tackles are out of the question... hehe..

Personally I think it would be more beneficial to use a Full Back, I'd much rather see Freeney rushing the passer rather then heightening the risk of getting him injured playing on the offensive side of the ball, do I think he can play Tight End? well if he played it in high school Im sure he can catch and thats half the battle. I'd like to see what Robert Hughes has to offer the dude is a big man at FB though and physical which is what this team needs when it comes to blocking