Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 To 4 weeks of big name injurys

Indyboy757

The colts have five weeks to hopfully get everyone back to health, with the Colts facing teams that are all below .500. Bye no means will any game we play be an easy win but after sundays win I think its safe to say the Colts have a chance to win the next five games with all of our injuries. Next up are the Jets, Browns, Titans, Dolphins and the Jags. I'm hoping we can get some guys back before we face the Pats, that would be a perfect time in the season to get back to full strength. If you take a good hard look at what we have done 4 games in with key injuries dating back to the preseason we have not been at full strength this season at all but we look much improved from last year. If the Colts can win 4 out of the 5 and get guys healthy once we face the Pats we should have a chance to push for a playoff birth. I'm just speculating but stranger things have happened. One thing about it, no one has seen this team at 100% with everyone on the field at the same time.

Angerer,Mathis,Davis,Reitz,Freeney,Brown.Carter,Chapman,Satele,Justice,Moala,Tevaseu........................

We havent seen the best of this team yet and if we can avoid anymore big injurys I think the sky is the limit for our Colts.. After last week one observation of mine is the front office has done a very good job of bringing guys in to contribute for example we lost Davis but Butler came in and did a good job and I cant wait and see what newcomer steps up this week against the Jets.

Funny, but after a surprise comeback against Green Bay, it's easy to forget we already lost at home to Jacksonville, an are underdogs at Jets this weekend. It's also amazing to me that we seemed to not get any healthier during the bye week (and lost our coach during the stretch even), and have since lost Mathis and Brown. Normally a bye week is helpful, but we seemed cursed during ours.

While we have had injuries and not everyone has played together, this team is still not a good team yet. You note that we are better than last year, that may be true, but what makes this bad team better is a quality QB in luck as compared to what we had out last season. That oline is not any better than last season, our wr's are almost exclusive rookies as are our TE's and there is a big curve to reach good. The defense might be considered better but learning a new system as well. I'll say it again, this team is better only because we have a qb who can better overcome bad players around him much like that one guy who used to do it every year for the past many. We will improve in quality with a few more drafts and FA acquisitions.

The colts have five weeks to hopfully get everyone back to health, with the Colts facing teams that are all below .500. Bye no means will any game we play be an easy win but after sundays win I think its safe to say the Colts have a chance to win the next five games with all of our injuries. Next up are the Jets, Browns, Titans, Dolphins and the Jags. I'm hoping we can get some guys back before we face the Pats, that would be a perfect time in the season to get back to full strength. If you take a good hard look at what we have done 4 games in with key injuries dating back to the preseason we have not been at full strength this season at all but we look much improved from last year. If the Colts can win 4 out of the 5 and get guys healthy once we face the Pats we should have a chance to push for a playoff birth. I'm just speculating but stranger things have happened. One thing about it, no one has seen this team at 100% with everyone on the field at the same time.

Angerer,Mathis,Davis,Reitz,Freeney,Brown.Carter,Chapman,Satele,Justice,Moala,Tevaseu........................

We havent seen the best of this team yet and if we can avoid anymore big injurys I think the sky is the limit for our Colts.. After last week one observation of mine is the front office has done a very good job of bringing guys in to contribute for example we lost Davis but Butler came in and did a good job and I cant wait and see what newcomer steps up this week against the Jets.

Interesting. A week ago, I had a pit in my stomach, wondering how a team that lost to Jax can find a few wins the rest of the way. Huge over-reaction on my part... but I suspect any talk of playoffs or going 4 of 5 in the next few weeks is very premature too.

I expect this team to continue the roller coaster ride of losing to some teams they should beat, and winning some games they ought to lose. At the end of the season, I expect to be enormously proud of the progress our team has made, and equally excited for its future. But I expect to be trying to figure out how to cheer for other teams during the playoffs.

I agree Indyboy757. I mean, after the Packer game, the Colts showed that they are capable of playing good. Now if they can be consistant for a stretch, then I think they can make the playoffs without a doubt. Yes we have obvious needs, but the Packer game showed that it is possible. The Colts showed us that you cannot count them out of a game, like the Colts under the old regime minus last year....I just feel as tho they're in the game till the end. The other thing is, I believe this game melded or fused this team together, if there were any cracks at all, they were fixed after the game. These guys are playing hard for each other and the cement is centered around Coach Pagano. Yea I'm being overly optimistic maybe, but that's just how I see them now....and yea I also know that just because they played a good half of football does not mean they are a gauranteed playoff team, but in that game it just felt different, like another level different. We seen a glimpse of what is to come....now imagine what this team will be like with the holes filled.....

Good post I say!! GoColts!!

Interesting. A week ago, I had a pit in my stomach, wondering how a team that lost to Jax can find a few wins the rest of the way. Huge over-reaction on my part... but I suspect any talk of playoffs or going 4 of 5 in the next few weeks is very premature too.

I expect this team to continue the roller coaster ride of losing to some teams they should beat, and winning some games they ought to lose. At the end of the season, I expect to be enormously proud of the progress our team has made, and equally excited for its future. But I expect to be trying to figure out how to cheer for other teams during the playoffs.

That's how I feel..

except that I'm not interested in making progress and beings a losing team....

We are not a young team defensively....and the only reason to be in the NFL is to make the NFL playoffs

The future is not promised..there may be other major injuries... This 2-2 start is good and the schedule is weak until the last 3 weeks

We need ths win agains the Jets on the road to make up for losing to Jax at home.

But we need it to make the playoffs....not just to progress

That's how I feel..

except that I'm not interested in making progress and beings a losing team....

We are not a young team defensively....and the only reason to be in the NFL is to make the NFL playoffs

The future is not promised..there may be other major injuries... This 2-2 start is good and the schedule is weak until the last 3 weeks

We need ths win agains the Jets on the road to make up for losing to Jax at home.

But we need it to make the playoffs....not just to progress

I don't disagree, but I'm inclined to distinguish between what I hope will happen (wins and playoffs) and what I expect will happen (roller coaster and no playoffs... this year, anyway)