Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Thoughts On Colts vs Packers. From Green Bay Fans

krunk

http://www.packers.c...8b-5cfabe887c9f

Why do these guys make a big deal out of Luck facing a 3-4? Saying it's his first time facing an "NFL" level complex scheme that will confuse him. Has he not been facing a 3-4 everyday in practice ever since he stepped in the league? Does he not face 2 pro bowlers in practice everyday coming out of a 3-4? Does he not see those same disguises every day in practice? Or are they just ignorant to the fact?

Or is this their way of dissing our defense? Are they really saying "We actually know you guys play a 3-4, but it's not an "NFL" level 3-4 like our defense?

Just thought I'd put this out here.

The colts play a base 3-4 which is a pretty simple defense.. .one advantage I think luck has though is the fact that he's had almost two weeks to study that defense.. so I'm looking for some good numbers from luck in this game.

The colts play a base 3-4 which is a pretty simple defense.. .one advantage I think luck has though is the fact that he's had almost two weeks to study that defense.. so I'm looking for some good numbers from luck in this game.

I'm looking for him to have a good game as well, but I don't think our defense is too much different from theirs in terms of what we do. The major difference is we may not blitz as much as them. My thing is I doubt they keep things that simpe in practice, they probaby bring the house in practice in order to give Luck a good feel for complicated blitz schemes. I think they are making much ado about nothing.

I don't think Luck needed 2 weeks to dissect their defense, but I'm glad he had the time. Secondly the Packers are not going to be able to spend much time in the 3-4 this game anyway because we are going with 4,5, and 6 receiver sets. They'd be crazy to stay in a 3-4 against that.

I'm looking for him to have a good game as well, but I don't think our defense is too much different from theirs in terms of what we do. The major difference is we may not blitz as much as them. My thing is I doubt they keep things that simpe in practice, they probaby bring the house in practice in order to give Luck a good feel for complicated blitz schemes. I think they are making much ado about nothing.

I don't think Luck needed 2 weeks to dissect their defense, but I'm glad he had the time. Secondly the Packers are not going to be able to spend much time in the 3-4 this game anyway because we are going with 4,5, and 6 receiver sets. They'd be crazy to stay in a 3-4 against that.

The colts aren't going with 4-6 wide sets for one luck would get tons of pressure either in the inside or to the right on justice side.. second they will try to run the ball which is GBs so called weakness not to mention that keeps Matthews out of the backfield.

3 wide sets most of the game but I doubt you see 4 wide unless the colts are losing big time or in 3rd and very longs.

Clay Matthews against Dwayne Allen in the run game I'd take that all day

The colts aren't going with 4-6 wide sets for one luck would get tons of pressure either in the inside or to the right on justice side.. second they will try to run the ball which is GBs so called weakness not to mention that keeps Matthews out of the backfield.

3 wide sets most of the game but I doubt you see 4 wide unless the colts are losing big time or in 3rd and very longs.

Clay Matthews against Dwayne Allen in the run game I'd take that all day

You didn't hear what Arians said? He said they were going to spread them out, you aren't spreading anyone out with a 3 WR set although I know we will use those as well. We use 4 WR quite a bit in games.

I woud even expect 5 at times, but more like 4 at a minimum.

You didn't hear what Arians said? He said they were going to spread them out, you aren't spreading anyone out with a 3 WR set although I know we will use those as well. We use 4 WR quite a bit in games.

I woud even expect 5 at times, but more like 4 at a minimum.

I probably didn't read the article where he said that but I know he did say they weren't gonna leave anyone in to help block Clay.... I still think they will test out the packers rush defense more

If Arians is going to share his game plans with the media days before each match, I don't think he'll be our interim HC for much longer...

That's not really giving the game plan away. Everybody and their momma knows we stink at running the football. What else is there to assume other than we'll be passing?

I probably didn't read the article where he said that but I know he did say they weren't gonna leave anyone in to help block Clay.... I still think they will test out the packers rush defense more

I hate to go back and look at this game, but it's a good reference because the Redskins are a heavy pressure 3-4 defense. You can say this was a pre-season game, but remember it was the 3rd game which is always treated similar to a regular season game. We used a bunch of 4 WR sets in the pre-season game against the Redskins and I have to say we got most of our competions when we went with multiple WR. Even the TD to T.Y. Hiton came out of a 4 WR set.

I know you'll say we had a ton of pressure in that game, but the sacks were mosty due to players who will not even see the field in this game. Namely Seth Olsen, Satele, even Reitz gave up some pressure in that game, although it didn't wind up with a sack. Linkenbach gave up a sack in this game as well but he was playing OT, which for the Packers game he will be playing Guard. Justice to me didn't play well in that game although he didn't give up a sack, he gave up multiple pressures to Ryan Kerrigan to the point he had to receive help from the running backs and tight ends.

The only players I listed above who are playing from that Redskins game is Justice and Linkenbach. I don't think Justice will be on a guy as talented as Kerrigan for most of the game. There are times he may be on Matthews, but I'm sure they'll help him out with a back if necessary and it probably will be. Linkenbach will be playing guard in the Packers game and not at tackle. Although I've seen him get blown up at guard before, I don't think he'll suck as bad as Olsen, Plus defensively speaking I don't think the Packers are as strong as the Redskins were with the blitz. The primary worry is Matthews.

Play this video back as many times as possible, and you'll see who caused the sacks and pressures. You will also see what offensive sets we were in when we got competions and a TD. Most of the time we were in a 4 WR set. We did fairly good out of that formation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_AjWzwLepU&feature=share&list=PL6344025B57341982

Another thing I noticed from that Redskins clip is we are a predictable running team, and it was sorely apparent in that Redskins game. It was almost exclusive that when we went with 2 WR set we were running the football. I think they should do some playaction off of that set to losen up some of the predictability.

Packers inactive list:

Green Bay Packers

11 WR Jarrett Boykin

28 S Sean Richardson

31 CB Davon House

44 RB James Starks

56 LB Terrell Manning

76 DE Mike Daniels

85 WR Greg Jennings

Starting lineup changes: On offense, #89 James Jones will start at wide receiver in place of #85 Greg Jennings.

Indianapolis Colts

TBA

If we go to 4,5 or 6 receiver sets, Luck will leave the stadium in an ambulance.....

Oh 6 receiver sets...when you know...you absolutely...gotta...have an ineligible receiver down field.

Eleven men on offense: Five linemen (2 Tackles, 2 Guards, and a center), One quarterback (that's six already), Up to five receivers.

You can't have any more.

I hate to go back and look at this game, but it's a good reference because the Redskins are a heavy pressure 3-4 defense. You can say this was a pre-season game, but remember it was the 3rd game which is always treated similar to a regular season game. We used a bunch of 4 WR sets in the pre-season game against the Redskins and I have to say we got most of our competions when we went with multiple WR. Even the TD to T.Y. Hiton came out of a 4 WR set.

I know you'll say we had a ton of pressure in that game, but the sacks were mosty due to players who will not even see the field in this game. Namely Seth Olsen, Satele, even Reitz gave up some pressure in that game, although it didn't wind up with a sack. Linkenbach gave up a sack in this game as well but he was playing OT, which for the Packers game he will be playing Guard. Justice to me didn't play well in that game although he didn't give up a sack, he gave up multiple pressures to Ryan Kerrigan to the point he had to receive help from the running backs and tight ends.

The only players I listed above who are playing from that Redskins game is Justice and Linkenbach. I don't think Justice will be on a guy as talented as Kerrigan for most of the game. There are times he may be on Matthews, but I'm sure they'll help him out with a back if necessary and it probably will be. Linkenbach will be playing guard in the Packers game and not at tackle. Although I've seen him get blown up at guard before, I don't think he'll suck as bad as Olsen, Plus defensively speaking I don't think the Packers are as strong as the Redskins were with the blitz. The primary worry is Matthews.

Play this video back as many times as possible, and you'll see who caused the sacks and pressures. You will also see what offensive sets we were in when we got competions and a TD. Most of the time we were in a 4 WR set. We did fairly good out of that formation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_AjWzwLepU&feature=share&list=PL6344025B57341982

I'm not gonna read all that cause I'm on my phone but you were definitely right great call on that one, but I think he kind of settled down a bit and ran the ball.. .this team is starting to look like a really good team.

How do you think Tony Hills did today? I thought he was pretty solid as well.

I didnt really notice him, I was to busy gettin caught up in watching Waybe, Brown and Luck, Im gonna go back and watch the game later after sunday night football, I loved that Arians seemed to finally figure out to have Brown run to the outside on some plays

I didnt really notice him, I was to busy gettin caught up in watching Waybe, Brown and Luck, Im gonna go back and watch the game later after sunday night football, I loved that Arians seemed to finally figure out to have Brown run to the outside on some plays

Running game was good today. Brown did well!