Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

how we match up to the texans and titans?

Stephen

Arians is not having a great a year as you may think yardage wise (he does have 4 touchdowns but only 1 of them of them on a long run of 14 yards). Load the box make Schaub beat us with his arm. Can he? of course BUT that would not be a SLOWWWWW CLOCK CONSUMING death like it would be if we let Foster beat us. Arians does have 380 yards rush yes but he has ran the ball 103 times compared to Browns 43 carries but he has gained 155 yards out of just those 43 carries for 3.6 ypc compared to Fosters 3.7

If Arian Foster consistently gains yardage when he runs, then he is an effective back per the scheme that the Texans are running. He doesn't have to average 4+ ypc to be doing his job extremely well, particularly when teams are keying in on him as the Texans' primary offensive threat.

Um I think Vance said the first line because he thought the joke about Chris Johnson was funny I am not really sure where the Watt thing came from. I didn't really see him calling you out at least not in that post just my two cents though.

Really? That's interesting GoColts8818. I have a different perspective on this whole situation. Here is exactly what transpired word for word...

Under the post titled “Is J.J. Watt the best defensive player in the league?"

SW1 said this: “Personally, I'd say Jason Pierre Paul from the NY Giants is the best NFL defensive player right now, but give JJ Wyatt a couple more seasons of reeking havoc on the D-line and yes I will gladly elevate JJ to the top of the defensive mountain. I know 1st hand what he is capable of. I saw all his games at UW-Madison. The guy is a machine of relentless mayhem. I just need to see him to continue to pass rushing at an elite level for 1 more season first. Then, I will have no qualms about labeling JJ a top tier DE at all.”

Vance87 replied with this:

“Omg you call him JJ Wyatt in every post!! It's Watt!!! WATT!!

Ahem. *Straightens tie*”

I, in turn, responded with this statement:

"I have a nephew named Wyatt Vance. Common mistake. I meant no disrespect. My apologies. Relax, it wasn't on purpose okay.

Just remember who defends your Texans routinely on this sight please. SW1 that's who... Both you and QuizBoy know this for a fact. Thank you."

On this topic, how do we match up to the Texans and Titans?

Vince87 said this: “LOL omg I spit out my water at this.”

To which, I left this comment: “Yup, I doubt our squad will have any answer for stopping J. J. Watt either. Did you spit your H20 out on that one Vance87? I actually typed the DE's name correctly this time. Although, I did find it ironic that you found it necessary to call me out on another post about the Texans simply because I accidentally misspelled his last name [J.J. Wyatt vs J. J. Watt]. It's nice to know that you have never made a mistake in your life there Vance. How does perfection feel anyway? I have never achieved that level of excellence myself. Congratulations...

Oh and BTW, I think I know J. J. Watt better than you do since I saw him on campus at UW-Madison frequently and helped him out with more than 1 research project/term paper. J. J. Watt wouldn't feel the need to scold someone publicly for misspelling their name. I can promise you that. People mispronounce and misspell both my first and last name all the time and I don't feel compelled to call them out on it publicly as a means to chastise and discipline. To each their own I guess. Have a pleasant evening Vance.”

Trust me, I was being called out for no legitimate reason. Yes, I did misspell J.J. Watt’s name, but there is a better way to handle the circumstance than what was initially done. Relax, take a deep breath, and it’s really that big of a deal to you send me a personal message or e-mail to convey your sentiments. Thank you. Did Vance87 say I was just kidding or use funny laughing symbols on here to indicate good natured humor and sarcasm on here? No, it was an intentional outing and swipe at my expense. You know it and I know it. Don't kid yourself.

Really? That's interesting GoColts8818. I have a different perspective on this whole situation. Here is exactly what transpired word for word...

Under the post titled “Is J.J. Watt the best defensive player in the league?"

SW1 said this: “Personally, I'd say Jason Pierre Paul from the NY Giants is the best NFL defensive player right now, but give JJ Wyatt a couple more seasons of reeking havoc on the D-line and yes I will gladly elevate JJ to the top of the defensive mountain. I know 1st hand what he is capable of. I saw all his games at UW-Madison. The guy is a machine of relentless mayhem. I just need to see him to continue to pass rushing at an elite level for 1 more season first. Then, I will have no qualms about labeling JJ a top tier DE at all.”

Vance87 replied with this:

“Omg you call him JJ Wyatt in every post!! It's Watt!!! WATT!!

Ahem. *Straightens tie*”

I, in turn, responded with this statement:

"I have a nephew named Wyatt Vance. Common mistake. I meant no disrespect. My apologies. Relax, it wasn't on purpose okay.

Just remember who defends your Texans routinely on this sight please. SW1 that's who... Both you and QuizBoy know this for a fact. Thank you."

On this topic, how do we match up to the Texans and Titans?

Vince87 said this: “LOL omg I spit out my water at this.”

To which, I left this comment: “Yup, I doubt our squad will have any answer for stopping J. J. Watt either. Did you spit your H20 out on that one Vance87? I actually typed the DE's name correctly this time. Although, I did find it ironic that you found it necessary to call me out on another post about the Texans simply because I accidentally misspelled his last name [J.J. Wyatt vs J. J. Watt]. It's nice to know that you have never made a mistake in your life there Vance. How does perfection feel anyway? I have never achieved that level of excellence myself. Congratulations...

Oh and BTW, I think I know J. J. Watt better than you do since I saw him on campus at UW-Madison frequently and helped him out with more than 1 research project/term paper. J. J. Watt wouldn't feel the need to scold someone publicly for misspelling their name. I can promise you that. People mispronounce and misspell both my first and last name all the time and I don't feel compelled to call them out on it publicly as a means to chastise and discipline. To each their own I guess. Have a pleasant evening Vance.”

Trust me, I was being called out for no legitimate reason. Yes, I did misspell J.J. Watt’s name, but there is a better way to handle the circumstance than what was initially done. Relax, take a deep breath, and it’s really that big of a deal to you send me a personal message or e-mail to convey your sentiments. Thank you. Did Vance87 say I was just kidding or use funny laughing symbols on here to indicate good natured humor and sarcasm on here? No, it was an intentional outing and swipe at my expense. You know it and I know it. Don't kid yourself.

So then fight with him in that thread rather than dragging the fight into this one where he didn't go after you with his response he laughed at the joke...

I've had my issues with Vance but he really didn't do anything in this post to warrant that response. If he did it in another thread keep it there because picking a fight with him here doesn't help anyone.

If Arian Foster consistently gains yardage when he runs, then he is an effective back per the scheme that the Texans are running. He doesn't have to average 4+ ypc to be doing his job extremely well, particularly when teams are keying in on him as the Texans' primary offensive threat.

Many people also seem to forget that Foster splits carries with Tate as well. Guess how many TDs he's scored this year? He's almost as dangerous as the starter, lol.

Come on, man. Now you're just overreacting and it really doesn't look good that you're dragging this one out. Misspelling names isn't that big of a deal. If someone takes time to correct you then take it as an opportunity to note your mistake and move on with your life. If that person is being a jerk about it then you can take a minute and laugh to yourself about how some people take spelling a little too seriously or use it as an excuse to take pot shots... but you should still be the bigger man and MOVE ON. Let the other guy's attitude speak for itself if you really find it that objectionable.

Many people also seem to forget that Foster splits carries with Tate as well. Guess how many TDs he's scored this year? He's almost as dangerous as the starter, lol.

I'd use the term splitting carries very loosely. Those two only seem to split carries when the Texans decide to run the ball 50 times instead of their usual 30 times.

So then fight with him in that thread rather than dragging the fight into this one where he didn't go after you with his response he laughed at the joke...

I've had my issues with Vance but he really didn't do anything in this post to warrant that response. If he did it in another thread keep it there because picking a fight with him here doesn't help anyone.

It has nothing to do with picking an altercation with Vance87, who is a friend of mine on this site actually. My point was: Decorum and selecting a more appropriate manner in which to address a personal grievance, complaint, or personally felt disagreement or injustice with another individual. Nothing more; nothing less. I like Vance87. I merely felt the situation was not handled in the best possible circumstance. That’s all.

It has nothing to do with picking an altercation with Vance87, who is a friend of mine on this site actually. My point was: Decorum and selecting a more appropriate manner in which to address a personal grievance, complaint, or personally felt disagreement or injustice with another individual. Nothing more; nothing less. I like Vance87. I merely felt the situation was not handled in the best possible circumstance. That’s all.

OK so I'm sorry if I offended you. I was just being playful with it really. I'm a pretty sarcastic person if you can't tell, a lot of what I say gets taken too seriously around here. I apologize, friend!

Come on, man. Now you're just overreacting and it really doesn't look good that you're dragging this one out. Misspelling names isn't that big of a deal. If someone takes time to correct you then take it as an opportunity to note your mistake and move on with your life. If that person is being a jerk about it then you can take a minute and laugh to yourself about how some people take spelling a little too seriously or use it as an excuse to take pot shots... but you should still be the bigger man and MOVE ON. Let the other guy's attitude speak for itself if you really find it that objectionable.

Exactly RG3, that is precisely the point. All this debate is over a misspelled name. It's not about making a mountain out of a molehill; it's about treating your friends with respect and handling disagreements in a dignified and respectful manner. I didn't attack Vance87's intellect or call him a fool. I merely refused to be be mocked for an innocent mistake. I was always taught to stand up for myself and I make no apologies for being raised that way ever. Vance87 and I are still friends. Nothing has changed there either. This issue is about a code of conduct when conversing with other individuals on line and respecting all points of view. Intentional mocking notwithstanding.

Awwwwwww, they're having their 1st fight

*Ducks out of thread*

[Just jokes, people!]

OK so I'm sorry if I offended you. I was just being playful with it really. I'm a pretty sarcastic person if you can't tell, a lot of what I say gets taken too seriously around here. I apologize, friend!

Thank you Vance. I accept your apology and I know that you are a cool guy. :thmup: That's why I starting using the symbols on this site because my sarcastic humor was being misinterpreted and getting me in trouble myself on more than 1 occasion. You're a okay in my book Vance!!!

pretty sure the Colts won't be suiting up thinking they will loose... any game, any time Colts can win

I appreciate your optimism MCF. I really do and yes any team can pull an upset any given Sunday that's true. However, we our not equipped right now to handle what DC Wade Philips will throw at us. In a couple of seasons yes. Right now, no. Could the Colts surprise me? Yeah, but it's a longshot IMO.

As far as the Titans are concerned, we can beat them just stop RB Chris Johnson and hit their WR's and TE's hard every chance we get. The Texans scare me; the Titans don't. Although, it depends if Matt Hasselback plays or not. Matt is still a dangerous QB no matter what quarter it is or the down and distance needed to convert a 3rd down IMO.

As far as the Titans are concerned, we can beat them just stop RB Chris Johnson and hit their WR's and TE's hard every chance we get. The Texans scare me; the Titans don't. Although, it depends if Matt Hasselback plays or not. Matt is still a dangerous QB no matter what quarter it is or the down and distance needed to convert a 3rd down IMO.

I think the Texans may have disserviced the rest of the Titans opponents by taking out Locker. Hasselbeck has probably been itching to get in and prove that he is the rightful starter, though I'm not saying that he is. Things are going to get interesting in the South now.

I think the Texans may have disserviced the rest of the Titans opponents by taking out Locker. Hasselbeck has probably been itching to get in and prove that he is the rightful starter, though I'm not saying that he is. Things are going to get interesting in the South now.

I agree with you Qwiz. I actually think Hasselbeck is a better qb then Locker. I was very surprised they made the switch so early this year because I thought they were a playoff caliber team this year....not with Locker (still too raw and inconsistant). I honestly think they saw Luck and saw how quickly he progressed in the preseason and panicked...realizing they don't want Locker to fall too far behind in development time so decided to sacrifice this year to give him more playing time and experience because they know by next year Luck will be dangerous. I think they are a better team now and will give us a much better game. They also ran the ball well on the Texans so we have to worry about not only the big play but CJ2K.

Yes...CJ2K is Chris Johnson. I live in the Nashville area now and after he had that 2,000 yrd season that is what he is called down here. He definately isn't that back anymore (or since he got his new contract) but he is a dangerous back and if the line gives him so holes he is like DB...but more explosive.

Somebody started drinking a little bit early.

Any given sunday as they say...that said it would be an uphill battle to beat the Texans...basically everything go right and we play our best and they there worst to pull that one out.

The Titans will be close grinders. They always are....even when we had Peyton and a clearly better team. They play us tough. They usually run the ball well and we are starting to see CJ2K look better....no where near 2k better but perhaps 1k. I think if we play well we split with them. The only way we split with the Texans is a fluke like Minny over 49ers or by them sitting their starters.

Totally started drinking early, are u sure u weren't? We beat the Texans last year with Orvlosky as our QB, ok Orvlosky, I understand they didn't have Schaub, but really we had Orvlosky against their D! And seeing as they will probably be resting their starters the last game, we can definitely beat them once. The Titans, so what that CJ0K had 1, I repeat, 1 good game in how long? They have Locker at QB, he looks like he is sort of struggling, and he is getting hurt, who is their backup? Hasselbeck, well Hasselbeck is old, probably brittle, he can;t escape from our pass rush, if we contain the run in both games we play against them, we win. Not that difficult to figure out, seeing as we lost Pagano now, I think now we will lose to the Titans once.

I agree with you Qwiz. I actually think Hasselbeck is a better qb then Locker. I was very surprised they made the switch so early this year because I thought they were a playoff caliber team this year....not with Locker (still too raw and inconsistant). I honestly think they saw Luck and saw how quickly he progressed in the preseason and panicked...realizing they don't want Locker to fall too far behind in development time so decided to sacrifice this year to give him more playing time and experience because they know by next year Luck will be dangerous. I think they are a better team now and will give us a much better game. They also ran the ball well on the Texans so we have to worry about not only the big play but CJ2K.

Yes...CJ2K is Chris Johnson. I live in the Nashville area now and after he had that 2,000 yrd season that is what he is called down here. He definately isn't that back anymore (or since he got his new contract) but he is a dangerous back and if the line gives him so holes he is like DB...but more explosive.

I agree QuizBoy and DG,

The AFC South just got a lot more interesting. With Matthew Hasselback and that above average offensive line, the Titans can win more games than Jake Locker clearly can. Draft picks, money, and experience...Pick the field general who gives your squad the best opportunity to win--Enter Hasselback hands down. CJ2K is still durable enough and fast enough to get the job done on the ground IMO, even if he has lost a step or 2. The Titans are always a tough team to nail down. They are not great, they are not horrible, they are solid and capable of giving any other team a run for their money.