Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Linkenbach Does Not Cut It At Right Tackle

chad72

Obviously Ijalana isn't maturing as quickly as we had hoped. I was not impressed with Link in our passing situations. However, I felt he was helping make good blocks for our running game. I think that until we get a trustworthy individual at the RT position, we will be passing a lot out of the shot gun with Addai lined up on the right side of Manning to help chip block the opposing DE and help Link out. I am honestly comfortable running to either side of the line and I am comfortable with our defensive line play (has heck finally frozen over? I never thought I'd say that).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueShoe

What is going on with Ijalana? Why don't they try putting him at starting tackle with Diem at guard?

Is he just not good enough or is he hurt or what?

Ijalana could still be a great pick. He is just taking longer to get it. AC is not only big and physical like Ijalana but he is also a very smart dude so he picked things up very quick. Ijalana will be a part of the bigger package soon enough. No sense in putting him in with the starters until he is ready.

I love Diem at RG (he is playing excellent there), but it might come down to us having to put him back at RT until Ijalana is ready.

Guest BlueShoe

Obviously Ijalana isn't maturing as quickly as we had hoped. I was not impressed with Link in our passing situations. However, I felt he was helping make good blocks for our running game. I think that until we get a trustworthy individual at the RT position, we will be passing a lot out of the shot gun with Addai lined up on the right side of Manning to help chip block the opposing DE and help Link out. I am honestly comfortable running to either side of the line and I am comfortable with our defensive line play (has heck finally frozen over? I never thought I'd say that).

Good thoughts.

The only bad thing is how much it hurts us by having to keep Addai in for protection instead of him running a back route.

Ok, i think that we can safely say the left side of our line will be starting. Castonzo has learned quite well and is a monster at that LT. Joe Reitz is a no name who IMO fits that LG position perfect! Jeff is Jeff, no need to say more. Now on to the right side, i predicted before the lockout was over Ryan Diem would play a guard spot, and he did so last night. Lickenbach is DEFANILTY not the answer at the RT position. and the problem is there are no more pre-season games for him to prove himself.

This is how its going to look.

LT-The big man Castonzo

LG-Joe Reitz

C-Jeff

RG- Open battle, i think we may just go back to starting Kyle DeVann. It will either be DeVann, Pollik, or Lickenbach

RT-Diem will start here week 1. If he stays there for the entire season i would be shocked. I see the scenario where he get kicked inside and Ijalana takes his spot

As a whole, our oline looks good, out week spot is that RG position. I have a feeling that the O-line experimenting will go into the season.

Good thoughts.

The only bad thing is how much it hurts us by having to keep Addai in for protection instead of him running a back route.

I dunno. The only area Brown impressed me in the Packers game was his blocking. He had to because there were a few free runners at Painter. When that didn't happen, Link was getting beat by his man. If there are no free-runners to the QB, Addai or Brown could easily give the DE a quick bump to give Peyton an extra second and then break into the flat as a safety valve in case the pocket collapses. We don't really run our RBs over the middle in passing situations anyway (that's Clark and Collie's job with the occasional slant from Wayne). It wouldn't be a huge loss just having Addai help out Link or whomever else is at RT until they are comfortable at their position.

He looked absolutely horrible on that first sack, but did you notice how well the team ran to the right? I love Diem at guard, but I agree that I'd much rather see Igalana than Link at tackle. One would assume that he has significantly more athletic ability, and it's doubtful he'd make more mistakes. The more he plays the faster he learns.

Ben is a left tackle so he is learning a new spot. I'd put him at the left tackle and make Canstanzo play right tackle. I only say this because Anthony is a smart guy so why not have the bio chemist learn the new spot.

Now this makes as much sense as asking Saturday to move into the QB spot because he has been in front of Peyton for so long and allow Pollack to take up the center spot. Moving AC to rt gaurd is putting the oline backwards and his progress. Sometimes, others just have to step up and do their job instead of making people who are doing their jobs, cover for those who don't. Just not the right move to make.

Guest BlueShoe

I dunno. The only area Brown impressed me in the Packers game was his blocking. He had to because there were a few free runners at Painter. When that didn't happen, Link was getting beat by his man. If there are no free-runners to the QB, Addai or Brown could easily give the DE a quick bump to give Peyton an extra second and then break into the flat as a safety valve in case the pocket collapses. We don't really run our RBs over the middle in passing situations anyway (that's Clark and Collie's job with the occasional slant from Wayne). It wouldn't be a huge loss just having Addai help out Link or whomever else is at RT until they are comfortable at their position.

I wasn't talking about Brown, but ok? I am not one of these fans who are against Brown at all so I really don't know where you are going with this.

While chips are good, we can't run them every play with our backs. Defenses will key on that and it will get very ugly for us as they will roll a safety and send the corner up most likely taking it back to the house. Those are plays you only want to run a few times a game, because they are dangerous. Mostly you want the back out in the flat as a safety valve which really just helps avoid sacks and mostly gains minimal yards, with the occasional one that breaks only because of a defensive meltdown, great move by the back, and/or poorly missed tackle.

Problem is that our back can't be out in the flat or running any kind of route if he is stuck blocking and that's our dilemma with Link at RT right now. He hinders our offense.

It’s not a good situation for a QB when the LDE is blowing right by the RT so I am not sure where you are going with this but you sound as if this is a good thing that we can use to our advantage. Not going to happen buddy. ;)

Yes, Link was horrible in the game. Even his run blocking was not that good. For example, you look at Addai's first run that went for like 17 yards. There is a LB over Link, Eldridge blocks him, Link follows and once Eldridge cleared the LB out of the play then Link engages him.

Some smart poster on this forum, I don't remember his moniker, has been talking about how bad Link has looked all preseason. Even last year when people were saying, "there was really no drop off..." I was saying, I mean this poster was saying that was was quite a drop off.

Diem did do good at RG, however, he didn't do any better than he does at RT.

Someone who really did do well blocking was Eldridge. Last year he looked slow and clunky but he looked good against the Pack. ON the 4th play, it's a run to the left, he goes out and blocks Mathews. They are slamming into each other a couple of times and Mathews is the one who ends up on his backside(ok he was tripped somewhat by Link's foot, but it was still cool to see Eldridge battle Mathews and Mathews up on the ground). If he can play all season and offer 20-25 receptions in addition to his blocking, that is going to be huge for the Colts O. He and Clark could prove to be the best Two TE formation tandem in the NFL.

Guest BlueShoe
Someone who really did do well blocking was Eldridge. Last year he looked slow and clunky but he looked good against the Pack. ON the 4th play, it's a run to the left, he goes out and blocks Mathews. They are slamming into each other a couple of times and Mathews is the one who ends up on his backside(ok he was tripped somewhat by Link's foot, but it was still cool to see Eldridge battle Mathews and Mathews up on the ground). If he can play all season and offer 20-25 receptions in addition to his blocking, that is going to be huge for the Colts O. He and Clark could prove to be the best Two TE formation tandem in the NFL.

I actually thought Eldridge did a great job last season blocking. We ran the ball better around our tackles than we did in the middle. Actually it was quite a lot better too. I posted a stat on the old board that showed that. Not sure where it is now but I can look for it. I think the reason why we ran outside better than inside was mainly because of Eldridge.

Well, as far as one player goes, Linkenbach really isnt that much worse than Diem was last year.

Obviously the Colts think he is not that much of a drop off, if any, or he wouldnt be there.

Now, the real issue is, as a couple players go, and since the line is made up of multiple people whose positions and ultimate success depend on the guys around them, Diem at RG and Linkenbach at RT makes more sense than any other combination with Diem at RT...no-one is as good right now at RG as Diem is, but there are a couple that can play RT, maybe not as good right now, but in a few games, could be better.

They already said Ijilana is most likely the long term solution at RT, so why have Diem out there until Ijilana is ready to take over, and then have him switch positions and step into a different role?

Better he stays where he is, and is VERY comfortable there by the time Ijilana is ready to step in.

I know no one here likes to admit it, but the current starting lineup is most likely what we saw against GB.

Its fine as is.

The run blocking to the right was impressive at times, and since thats what they need, until a better option comes along, thats what we get.

Besides, if Linkenbach will get Manning killed, how come Painter was only sacked once? Manning is MUCH better at seeing the pressure, and its not like its coming from his blind side...you all need to relax a bit and find the good instead of rummaging around digging for bad things to beat to death...

Guest BlueShoe

Yes, Link was horrible in the game. Even his run blocking was not that good. For example, you look at Addai's first run that went for like 17 yards. There is a LB over Link, Eldridge blocks him, Link follows and once Eldridge cleared the LB out of the play then Link engages him.

Some smart poster on this forum, I don't remember his moniker, has been talking about how bad Link has looked all preseason. Even last year when people were saying, "there was really no drop off..." I was saying, I mean this poster was saying that was was quite a drop off.

Diem did do good at RG, however, he didn't do any better than he does at RT.

From what I have watched, Diem did a great job at RG. I think Diem is also the best RT we have right now until Ijalana is up to speed.

The dilemma is that on one hand we have to prepare Diem to be this year’s RG and for Ijalana to be the future RT, but right now they are better off playing the other position. They must feel that Ijalana will be ready sooner than later or they wouldn’t be so dead set on keeping Diem at RG. I think everyone would agree that Diem is 10 times the RT than Link is. At least I would hope so.

From what I have seen, I think we would serve ourselves better to just play Diem at RT and Ijalana at RG this season. We can move Ijalana to RT next year. The only thing that would make more sense is if they have Ijalana ready very early on to play RT this year. But if Ijalana sits for an extended time (say the whole year) then I am going to be left scratching my head as to why we didn’t just give him the experience at RG.

Well, as far as one player goes, Linkenbach really isnt that much worse than Diem was last year.

Obviously the Colts think he is not that much of a drop off, if any, or he wouldnt be there.

The coaches do change the lineup and change their mind. There is a huge drop off with Link and he is much worse than Diem. Link has given up more sacks and more QB pressures in 3 preseason games than Diem gave up all of last year.
Now, the real issue is, as a couple players go, and since the line is made up of multiple people whose positions and ultimate success depend on the guys around them, Diem at RG and Linkenbach at RT makes more sense than any other combination with Diem at RT...no-one is as good right now at RG as Diem is, but there are a couple that can play RT, maybe not as good right now, but in a few games, could be better.

They already said Ijilana is most likely the long term solution at RT, so why have Diem out there until Ijilana is ready to take over, and then have him switch positions and step into a different role?

Better he stays where he is, and is VERY comfortable there by the time Ijilana is ready to step in.

I know no one here likes to admit it, but the current starting lineup is most likely what we saw against GB.

Its fine as is.

The run blocking to the right was impressive at times, and since thats what they need, until a better option comes along, thats what we get.

The only problem with that is Ijalana is not ready evidenced by the fact that; a) he is 3rd on the depth chart behind Diem and Link and when he is in the game against the back-ups and 3rd stringers he does not do anything particularly bad or good.

Besides, if Linkenbach will get Manning killed, how come Painter was only sacked once? Manning is MUCH better at seeing the pressure, and its not like its coming from his blind side...you all need to relax a bit and find the good instead of rummaging around digging for bad things to beat to death...

Twice.

3-4-IND 45 (12:52) (Shotgun) 7-C.Painter sacked at IND 40 for -5 yards (52-C.Matthews).

3-1-IND 24 (10:29) 7-C.Painter sacked at IND 19 for -5 yards (97-V.So'oto). FUMBLES (97-V.So'oto) [97-V.So'oto], RECOVERED by GB-94-J.Wynn at IND 20. 94-J.Wynn to IND 20 for no gain (71-R.Diem). Minus 4 sack yards.

Both times the guy just ran around Link like he was not there.

From what I have watched, Diem did a great job at RG. I think Diem is also the best RT we have right now until Ijalana is up to speed.

The dilemma is that on one hand we have to prepare Diem to be this year’s RG and for Ijalana to be the future RT, but right now they are better off playing the other position. They must feel that Ijalana will be ready sooner than later or they wouldn’t be so dead set on keeping Diem at RG. I think everyone would agree that Diem is 10 times the RT than Link is. At least I would hope so.

From what I have seen, I think we would serve ourselves better to just play Diem at RT and Ijalana at RG this season. We can move Ijalana to RT next year. The only thing that would make more sense is if they have Ijalana ready very early on to play RT this year. But if Ijalana sits for an extended time (say the whole year) then I am going to be left scratching my head as to why we didn’t just give him the experience at RG.

The question is: is Pollack a better RG than Link is a RT. I think, without a doubt, the answer is yes. Coupled with the fact that Ijalana is not playing very well (I understand he's learning the right side after being a 4 year starter at LT, so I'm not saying he's bad or the Colts should not have drafted him, he's just not ready. It's hard to learn to do everything the complete opposite of what your muscle memory tells you). Having him start at RG doesn't make sense either because he has not played or practiced there at all.

I actually thought Eldridge did a great job last season blocking. We ran the ball better around our tackles than we did in the middle. Actually it was quite a lot better too. I posted a stat on the old board that showed that. Not sure where it is now but I can look for it. I think the reason why we ran outside better than inside was mainly because of Eldridge.

Could be. I didn't pay much attention to him in the 1st few games and then he was injured. I just remember the times I did see, I thought he looked a bit like a robot. But he did awesome against the Pack.

The coaches do change the lineup and change their mind. There is a huge drop off with Link and he is much worse than Diem. Link has given up more sacks and more QB pressures in 3 preseason games than Diem gave up all of last year.

The only problem with that is Ijalana is not ready evidenced by the fact that; a) he is 3rd on the depth chart behind Diem and Link and when he is in the game against the back-ups and 3rd stringers he does not do anything particularly bad or good.

Twice.

3-4-IND 45 (12:52) (Shotgun) 7-C.Painter sacked at IND 40 for -5 yards (52-C.Matthews).

3-1-IND 24 (10:29) 7-C.Painter sacked at IND 19 for -5 yards (97-V.So'oto). FUMBLES (97-V.So'oto) [97-V.So'oto], RECOVERED by GB-94-J.Wynn at IND 20. 94-J.Wynn to IND 20 for no gain (71-R.Diem). Minus 4 sack yards.

Not really arguing per se, but on the first one, Painter had nowhere to go. The whole line collapsed. He was under Castonzos leg because Castonzo was pushed back, almost over Painter, so it wasnt JUST Linkenbach...but on the other, I cant recall for sure. Didnt DVR it.

In any case, what Im thinking, and I know some wont agree at all, is that (thinking of your later post about Pollack a better RG than Link a RT) maybe they are going to cut Pollak and see no reason to put him in there since he wont be around.

Does that seem remotely possible?

Well, I guess anything could be possible, depending on how remote. Realistic might be a better word there...

I guess my problem is I pay more attention to the starters than the rest, and in preseason, that doesnt work so well.

I dont see anyone else though that could step up if Pollack were to be cut and Diem moved back.

The one good thing, at least we arent complaining about the left side!

Linkenbach is a step back from Ryan Diem at right tackle. Put Ryan Diem in at RT till Ijalana learns the ropes and put Pollak in at right guard, he did fine last game. Sorry, Linkenbach was the weak link on the O-line today, IMO.

Anyone else feel that way?

I say put Ijalana in at G and Diem at tackle

Yeah, but then you would have the same problem with Ijilana that you have with him at RT...he doenst have any experience on that side, so he would be learning a new position, just to transition and learn another one (RT) later.

Yeah, but then you would have the same problem with Ijilana that you have with him at RT...he doenst have any experience on that side, so he would be learning a new position, just to transition and learn another one (RT) later.

Ijalana played T/G in college, I guess it would be a bit of a transition, I know this much I dont want to see Pollack on that side at all.

Ijalana is still trying to learn tackle, you can't just throw him into a new poistion. Ijalana is doing alright at tackle against second and third stringers. He's coming along but we need to stay patient with him and let him learn the tackle poistion and I am sure by the middle if not the end of the season he'll be good to go at tackle.

Here is what I've learned. We need one starter on the o-line any way you slice it. Pollack is pobably the best of what we have beyond our four starters at the moment but he probaby slides to center after this year. Diem also probably leaves after this year. So even if Ijalana pans out we need one more starting guard. The good news is I think we have the left side figured out with Castonzo and Reitz and that's the important part of the line to have because that's Peyton's blind side.

Ijalana is still trying to learn tackle, you can't just throw him into a new poistion. Ijalana is doing alright at tackle against second and third stringers. He's coming along but we need to stay patient with him and let him learn the tackle poistion and I am sure by the middle if not the end of the season he'll be good to go at tackle.

Here is what I've learned. We need one starter on the o-line any way you slice it. Pollack is pobably the best of what we have beyond our four starters at the moment but he probaby slides to center after this year. Diem also probably leaves after this year. So even if Ijalana pans out we need one more starting guard. The good news is I think we have the left side figured out with Castonzo and Reitz and that's the important part of the line to have because that's Peyton's blind side.

Yea i think the left side is figured out as well. I’d rather Link than Pollack at G/T, i just personally dont think Pollack is a very good player. I have a link that i will send you tomorrow showing offensive line percentages of good and bad blocks last year. I have it saved at work.

Guest BlueShoe

I agree with most of that and to add to it we will need to find (probably through the draft) that RG to replace Diem after this season. We might be able to talk Diem into staying another year as well. He is a really good RG, in my opinion. Back when he was playing RG before our O-Line was really good too.

Guest BlueShoe

The question is: is Pollack a better RG than Link is a RT. I think, without a doubt, the answer is yes. Coupled with the fact that Ijalana is not playing very well (I understand he's learning the right side after being a 4 year starter at LT, so I'm not saying he's bad or the Colts should not have drafted him, he's just not ready. It's hard to learn to do everything the complete opposite of what your muscle memory tells you). Having him start at RG doesn't make sense either because he has not played or practiced there at all.

Well you bring a more than a fair argument there. I can't disagree with you on any of that. I would just hate to see Ijalana on the bench all season. I believe he is going to be a very good RT.

Just makes me wonder, if we had any doubts that Ijalana wouldn't be ready for RT this season then why did we plug him in at RT to begin with? RG would have been a better place to start and that is what the Polian’s said they were going to do after we drafted him. So why the change in direction? Did they maybe put the cart before the horse? Could be the case here. Maybe when they brought back Diem at a cheaper rate it was agreed then that he would play RG instead of RT as there is a huge difference in how much those positions typically earn.

Just a bunch of speculation at this point, but it seems very muddy. Usually by this point in the year things aren’t muddy with the direction the Colts front office is heading in. And of course this isn’t a typical year by any means either. I guess we will just have wait for it all to clear itself up.

Ijalana played T/G in college, I guess it would be a bit of a transition, I know this much I dont want to see Pollack on that side at all.

Ijalana was a four year starter at LT, he never played guard in college, he has not practiced guard or played guard in any preseason games. It makes no sense to move him to guard now for anything other than an emergency guard.

I agree with most of that and to add to it we will need to find (probably through the draft) that RG to replace Diem after this season. We might be able to talk Diem into staying another year as well. He is a really good RG, in my opinion. Back when he was playing RG before our O-Line was really good too.

The line has been really good with Diem playing Right Tackle too.

Still yes the draft next year is a very good chance to find a guard or trying to extend Diem for a cheaper contract is a good option too. Frankly I think that was most people's issue with Diem. They hated his contract and turned that into hate of him.

Well you bring a more than a fair argument there. I can't disagree with you on any of that. I would just hate to see Ijalana on the bench all season. I believe he is going to be a very good RT.

I think he could be good too and like I said it's tough to do what he is trying to do. I'm willing to give him some time but I did not expect him to be a starter this year anyways.
Just makes me wonder, if we had any doubts that Ijalana wouldn't be ready for RT this season then why did we plug him in at RT to begin with? RG would have been a better place to start and that is what the Polian’s said they were going to do after we drafted him. So why the change in direction? Did they maybe put the cart before the horse? Could be the case here. Maybe when they brought back Diem at a cheaper rate it was agreed then that he would play RG instead of RT as there is a huge difference in how much those positions typically earn.
I don't know, I thought for sure they were going to do the same thing with Ijalana as they did with Diem. Perhaps they thought they were set at guard with Reitz, McClendon, Pollack and Devan and the lackluster play of Devan (I know most people will say Pollack) combined with, perhaps carrying more defensive lineman than in years past, they may be looking for ways to carry as few olineman as possible.
Just a bunch of speculation at this point, but it seems very muddy. Usually by this point in the year things aren’t muddy with the direction the Colts front office is heading in. And of course this isn’t a typical year by any means either. I guess we will just have wait for it all to clear itself up.

It is but I think it has to do with what I mentioned above. Typically the Colts carry 9 or 10 olineman and dress 7 on game day. I think the Colts are looking at carrying 8 and maybe just 7 so they can keep all of the new defensive players they signed. Then I think they plan on adding Kirkpatrick and Tepper to the practice squad (even though on my roster on another thread I have Tepper behind Pollack at RG). That way they can still have 9 available if injuries hit. The depth chart for week 1 is going to be interesting.

Yea i think the left side is figured out as well. I’d rather Link than Pollack at G/T, i just personally dont think Pollack is a very good player. I have a link that i will send you tomorrow showing offensive line percentages of good and bad blocks last year. I have it saved at work.

Pollack is okay. I think the problem is we drafted a center and not a guard and we have been trying to play him at guard. Link has been down right awful in two pre-season games this year. With that said he showed some flashes last year at tackle to give you a little bit of hope. The only plus to him being right tackle is you can give him some help with Eldridge and Addai that you can't really give a guard. It's also not Manning's blind side so he'll see it coming and while Manning is not Michael Vick he has very good feet in the pocket.

I think he could be good too and like I said it's tough to do what he is trying to do. I'm willing to give him some time but I did not expect him to be a starter this year anyways.

I don't know, I thought for sure they were going to do the same thing with Ijalana as they did with Diem. Perhaps they thought they were set at guard with Reitz, McClendon, Pollack and Devan and the lackluster play of Devan (I know most people will say Pollack) combined with, perhaps carrying more defensive lineman than in years past, they may be looking for ways to carry as few olineman as possible.

It is but I think it has to do with what I mentioned above. Typically the Colts carry 9 or 10 olineman and dress 7 on game day. I think the Colts are looking at carrying 8 and maybe just 7 so they can keep all of the new defensive players they signed. Then I think they plan on adding Kirkpatrick and Tepper to the practice squad (even though on my roster on another thread I have Tepper behind Pollack at RG). That way they can still have 9 available if injuries hit. The depth chart for week 1 is going to be interesting.

To me that's the issue McClendon hasn't made the jump I think the Colts were hoping for. If he had we would be set on the line right now.

OK, Diem did a good job at guard, but he also missed a significant number of blocking assignments. He hasn't played guard for more than a decade, so it's easy to cut him some slack. Diem trying to get up to speed at guard, with the turnstile Link at the edge was brutal. The first couple of plays when the Packers played straight up on their gaps, the right side blocked well. After that it was gross. Once the Packers started blitzing and stunting on that side, it was open season for rushers. Link was clueless and easily fooled. The RB's were blocking his blown assignments every other play. That side will be attacked without mercy if they try it two weeks from now. Link's even worse than last year when I cut him off the 53 man roster for being overpowered by everyone he faced. I just have to disagree with anyone (that would even include Polian) who have Link rated higher than anybody, and especially Ijalana. It's embarrassing that they think they can sell Link as an NFL starter, when his play is so obviously 4th string. In my (pundit) opinion, IJ is clearly better than Link - right now - today - no contest. Ijalana has better situational awareness, way more strength and vastly more natural talent. Bottom line; either put IJ in at RT with Diem at RG, or put Diem back to RT and live with the veterans Pollak and DeVan at RG.

Go COLTS!

I too was disapointed with Jeff Linkenbach's performance Friday night.

However...

Link has always lined up on the left side, and now the Colts have him playing the right tackle position.

The first sack came against all pro Clay Matthews.

The second sack was against rookie Vic So'oto (who looks like he will also be a beast pass rusher)

Last year Linkenbach played very well at LT in a few games.

True he got beat and gave up a couple sacks against the Packers.

But it was only one preseason game.

I think Link will make improvements and end up having a nice year at RT.

Heck, if Curtis Painter can bounce back, so can Link.

I too was disapointed with Jeff Linkenbach's performance Friday night.

However...

Link has always lined up on the left side, and now the Colts have him playing the right tackle position.

The first sack came against all pro Clay Matthews.

The second sack was against rookie Vic So'oto (who looks like he will also be a beast pass rusher)

Last year Linkenbach played very well at LT in a few games.

True he got beat and gave up a couple sacks against the Packers.

But it was only one preseason game.

I think Link will make improvements and end up having a nice year at RT.

Heck, if Curtis Painter can bounce back, so can Link.

He played right tackle some when Diem was hurt. Link has shown some promise last year but he needs to improve if he's going tobe our long term answer at right tackle. I will say the one thing he has going in his favor is that we can give him some help with Eldridge and Addai plus it's not Manning's blindside so he'll see heat if it's coming.

He played right tackle some when Diem was hurt. Link has shown some promise last year but he needs to improve if he's going tobe our long term answer at right tackle. I will say the one thing he has going in his favor is that we can give him some help with Eldridge and Addai plus it's not Manning's blindside so he'll see heat if it's coming.

I dont think anyone, including the Colts, think he will be the long term answer. Maybe in a backup role, maybe short term, but not long term...thats Ijilanas job, or so they have lead us to believe.

I completely agree with the original post. I like all of our o-line but I think they should try to get Ijalana in at right tackle or possibly when the teams cut down to 53, maybe a vet right tackle could become available and give Ijalana a year to watch and learn. I like Ben, but I think it would be risky starting two rookies at offensive tackle this year, but what do I know. But, I do like the direction that the offensive line is moving. I like Jeff Saturday, but I would like to see Pollack eventually take over as the starting center. But, that may still be a few more years away.

I dont think anyone, including the Colts, think he will be the long term answer. Maybe in a backup role, maybe short term, but not long term...thats Ijilanas job, or so they have lead us to believe.

Let me rephrase what I meant by long term, I mean being able to play in the NFL period. It's pretty clear he's a very short term answer till Ijalana is ready in terms of a starter.

Likenbach is gonna learn, granted i would rather see ijalana starting BUT i like diem at guard he's much better than pollack there thats for sure. There was one play where one colts Olineman got absolutely ran over lol i think that was jamey richard lol boy that was funny.

lol i recall that play as well and you should have saw Richards face afterwards :excited: ...priceless. lol