Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jag Player... "C'mon man Call that" Ref "Okay" .....Throws Flag

Freeupfreeney

Did anybody else hear a jag yelling at the top of his lungs for a ref to call a holding penalty...and after the ref threw the flag about 15 seconds after the "Said" penalty?

Anybody who watches soccer, Especially La Liga in Spain, you see that all the time, entire teams stopping play surrouding the ref to pull a yellow card.

We don't play that crap in the United States, that ref needs to be reprimanded.

Im not worried about the no calls. i honestly do not believe they would have made any difference. there was a pattern in today's game...

Last week satele went down in the first half, second half colts offense did nothing until the final minute......

Today Satele went down in the first half and again offense did nothing until the final minute and even then they still left to much time on the clock for jax.

Late in the 3rd qtr last week defense fell apart, was spending to much time on the field gave up a 14 point lead

Today the colts defense fell apart once again half way through the 3rd, gave up a 10 point lead and then a 5 point lead with 35 seconds to go.

It felt like de ja vu.

But hey on the bright side the Irish won last night in beating the wolverines for the first time in the last 4 meetings, and are 4-0 for the first time since 2002. atleast i had somewhat of a good weekend in football lol.

I think the proper calls would of mad a BIG difference in todays games. the non calls on luck getting hit after sliding would of moved the ball. the missed PI calls killed drives. Who knows those drives could of resulted in 3s on the board but who knows... when it came down to making a stop we couldn't. but those missed calls would of changed something if called properly.

Other games like the Raiders/Steelers... Mundy caused two concussions today! launching himself leading with his helmet both were not flagged.

then they take forever to sort out everything... slowing down the game.... god that gap toothed Ref had me furious, little school boy lookin punk....I never was the best at math but wow I can add or subtract 5, 10, or 15 like im Einstein!... <-- I don't know thats just how bad it was.. and when there is how many.. 8 people? on the field... for them to be that confused and take that long wow... but yes so many awful calls today.. I definitely heard and saw that obvious hold, which they missed but were influenced by the screaming player to call...

& my pops is one of those "old school" people... no whining no complaining.. which is why I don't get how I'm his kid because I'll complain about everything with my teams lol.. but he came and watched with me after he played 18 holes and whenever I yell or complain about my teams his classic line is.. "I don't care about (insert player name / team name) they ain't payin my bills" lol.. and he will always tell me just how it's not that big of a deal and whatever else.. but today he was even swearing at the TV TOO!!! just frustrated with how bad those guys were... especially when Luck Slid and got hit, Reggie was hugged and got no call, then Avery went deep and got hit on the helmet a second before the ball arrived.. Then we started to notice it happening in the 4pm games...

Embarrassing to me, the NFL should really be ashamed... <--- I sound like an upset parent, it just ticks me off

The entire set of replacement officials needs to be gone. Not their fault but this is just stupid.

I honestly don't know how the league can sit here and watch this when the announcers calling the game are ripping the officials

No even worse, is when they put out statements "acknowledging" them for the good job they have done... It's like darn Roger do you not know we are our own people and not puppets or robots.. I just don't get that, to me it's like I personally feel disrespected like the Commish thinks we are dumb.. I swear, (and I don't mean this in a physical or violent way) people like him (people with some sort of power) think they can't be touched...

No even worse, is when they put out statements "acknowledging" them for the good job they have done... It's like darn Roger do you not know we are our own people and not puppets or robots.. I just don't get that, to me it's like I personally feel disrespected like the Commish thinks we are dumb.. I swear, (and I don't mean this in a physical or violent way) people like him (people with some sort of power) think they can't be touched...

Yes but he's also in a negotiation he's not going to come out and say these guys stink we need the regular refs back! That will kill his bargaining chip and while most of us might not care about it the league does. I also think we are over hyping just how bad the replacement refs are. Don't get me wrong I am not saying they are good but we are jumping on every single call they miss and the spot lite is on their misses way more than it was ever on the regular refs when they made mistakes as well. It was almost taboo for announcers to say those guys messed up unless it was something really bad like the Ed Hochuli call yet the announcers focus on every little call these guys make. Example MNF on the radio has Boomer Esiason do color and the refs were ALL he would talk about last week. You could tell he had an ax to grind with it and he had decided before the game he was going to make them the story. I am not saying those refs were good because they weren't but I also don't think they are the clueless numbskulls that they are made out to be at times. People act like the regular refs were perfect and never missed a call either that's just not the case they made mistakes they just didn't have the spot lite shinning on them like the replacement refs do. I would like the regular refs back so don't get me wrong I just think we are over looking their mistakes as well.

Yes but he's also in a negotiation he's not going to come out and say these guys stink we need the regular refs back! That will kill his bargaining chip and while most of us might not care about it the league does. I also think we are over hyping just how bad the replacement refs are. Don't get me wrong I am not saying they are good but we are jumping on every single call they miss and the spot lite is on their misses way more than it was ever on the regular refs when they made mistakes as well. It was almost taboo for announcers to say those guys messed up unless it was something really bad like the Ed Hochuli call yet the announcers focus on every little call these guys make. Example MNF on the radio has Boomer Esiason do color and the refs were ALL he would talk about last week. You could tell he had an ax to grind with it and he had decided before the game he was going to make them the story. I am not saying those refs were good because they weren't but I also don't think they are the clueless numbskulls that they are made out to be at times. People act like the regular refs were perfect and never missed a call either that's just not the case they made mistakes they just didn't have the spot lite shinning on them like the replacement refs do. I would like the regular refs back so don't get me wrong I just think we are over looking their mistakes as well.

very true, i agree with that!

The Officiating in this game was extremely Horrid, There were so many key calls that were missed, that should and would have been called had we had Professional NFL refs been out there. It seems as if these refs are so influenced by the coaches, players, fans, and sidelines its sickening. I want the old refs back man i cant bare watching these guys week after week make poor calls.