Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton doesnt like to admit he was fooled

oldunclemark

The only change was in adding a "Home Page" that lists the most recent posts regardless of topic. Underneath it all is the exact same forum you are used to. When on the home page, just click on "Forum" up on the menu bar. You will only see the home page when you first log in, or when you click on "home". Just posting in this thread should have brought you back to the forum. If you are still having a problem you should probably PM Maureen.

Thanks for that explanation.

Though I've always found a way here, 'til now I've considered the new 'Home Page' just an annoyance.

If you were that dissatisfied with Manning, the past 14 years must have been a nightmare for you. You have my sympathy. SO many torturous hours wasted in front of the tv. :sigh: I can only assume that you are comparatively new to the fold, because if rooting for Peyton made you so upset, rooting for the previous 20 years worth of QBs would have probably rendered you apoplectic. Ironically that would at least provide a logical explanation for what you are "throwing". I'm not sure what it is by the way, but I don't think it's "bBS".

Actually maybe it is now that I think about it.

Thanks MAC you deserve more than 1 like for this reply but unable to do so. Great Reply friend. :thmup:

I don't understand how some Colts fans have such an agenda to bash the greatest thing this franchise has ever had in its presence.

Unbelievable.

There's really no evidence that he/she has been a Colts fan during the Manning era.

Perhaps, he/she went to a rival University, and couldn't wait for Manning to leave.

Perhaps, he/she was born the day before he/she joined.

Perhaps, he/she is just a troll. I don't know. I'm not going to bother tracking past posts.

Regardless of the reasoning, I do find the disdain curious.

..after the game..when asked if Atlanta had done anything at all that surprised him...Manning said simply 'no'

he took the blame (he's no Cutler) but he said that the mistakes were his and not coverage-related.

that's hard to belivee...Atlanta seemd to have a half dozen players in fake or dummy positins until 5 seconds

before the snap and clearly.....he didnt seem to expect the safetys to be where they were on the first two throws..

Maybe he takes pide in reading defenses and he'd never admit to being fooled by a defense

To the topic, I do not think I have ever seen Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Brett Farve _________(insert your HOF QB (Peyton Manning) go into a press conference room and say:

"You know, I came out of the locker room today after a great week of practice...and darned I have never felt so confused and baffled by disguised defenses in my life" "Boy that Mike Nolan has my number." "Boy Belichick seems to have Ty Law where my radar is locked in." ""Where did that darned Cromartie come from this time? Does he ONLY intercept me?"

If a great QB admits to the world he is 'fooled' by any said defense on any given week, what do you think he is going to see week in and week out? If the scouts see he was fooled.....he is going to see it week in and week out until he 'burns' said defense.

I for one have seen and heard Peyton Manning and others say 'that one was on me....that one was a great defense play" What else should they say? I wonder what Cam Newton is thinking this morning. Is it "I am in the middle of a bad stretch of what is going to my sophomore jinx?" I am sure this question will be asked soon....if not last night by our 'inquiring' pot stirring media.

..after the game..when asked if Atlanta had done anything at all that surprised him...Manning said simply 'no'

he took the blame (he's no Cutler) but he said that the mistakes were his and not coverage-related.

that's hard to belivee...Atlanta seemd to have a half dozen players in fake or dummy positins until 5 seconds

before the snap and clearly.....he didnt seem to expect the safetys to be where they were on the first two throws..

Maybe he takes pide in reading defenses and he'd never admit to being fooled by a defense

He didn't have much problem handling Troy Polamolu in the last seconds before the snap so why couldn't he handle it in Atlanta?

You're certainly entitled to your "opinion", as I am mine. I prefer to Focus on the multiple and many achievements of Peyton, as well as the many admirable and honorable things he's done both ON and OFF the field. Those of his caliber are few and far between.

Agreed. Manning has not demanded any of this and has been quoted(Please don't ask me to find it from articles of many dates past) requesting defensive help(Including his newest contract with us only tying instead of shattering the league's record to have money to keep guys and bring other guys in which Polian has never been known to do.). I am no homer and acknowledge Manning's faults. Yet