Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Unit Has Improved The Most?

Mouthfire

The offensive line has not really shown improvement as a unit. I think Reitz is an upgrade or Devan but AC is not playing as well as CJ. I think he will, it's not fair to compare a rookie who has played in 2 preseason games to a multi-year veteran. Saturday's play is not as good as last year (still getting back into shape) and Pollack and Diem are both doing well but not knock your socks off.

The oline has good potential but it is not yet realized.

Overall from the first two games the DT position has improved the most. Moala is playing unreal. Nevis should have been a first round pick. The rotation has helped Mookie, who can be dominant at times if he gets proper rest during the game, and in the last game the Redskins did not have an answer for Mathews whether he played against the 1st string line or the 3rd string.

Our DT play in general is better. Other than that, the D has shown absolutely no other signs of becoming something competitive, consistently decent, or reliable.

The offensive line has shown no improvement whatsoever thus far. From run blocking to pass protection and everything in between.

Special teams? lol!

Then again, this is all preseason so who knows? Come week 3-4 if they look as is it's going to be another long season of the good and great lugging around the garbage.

Our DT play in general is better. Other than that, the D has shown absolutely no other signs of becoming something competitive, consistently decent, or reliable.

The offensive line has shown no improvement whatsoever thus far. From run blocking to pass protection and everything in between.

Special teams? lol!

Then again, this is all preseason so who knows? Come week 3-4 if they look as is it's going to be another long season of the good and great lugging around the garbage.

I think the colts are definitely getting better at running, and i expect that to get better since they are putting diem at guard... it sounds radical, seems like they are just doing that cause they want him in the starting lineup... i dont like jeff at RT i think Ben would be a better fit hopefully he takes that job in the regular season.

The offensive line has not really shown improvement as a unit. I think Reitz is an upgrade or Devan but AC is not playing as well as CJ. I think he will, it's not fair to compare a rookie who has played in 2 preseason games to a multi-year veteran. Saturday's play is not as good as last year (still getting back into shape) and Pollack and Diem are both doing well but not knock your socks off.

The oline has good potential but it is not yet realized.

Overall from the first two games the DT position has improved the most. Moala is playing unreal. Nevis should have been a first round pick. The rotation has helped Mookie, who can be dominant at times if he gets proper rest during the game, and in the last game the Redskins did not have an answer for Mathews whether he played against the 1st string line or the 3rd string.

Yeah, the play of the Matthews, Moala and Mookie is why I started this thread. As impressive as Nevis has been, I've been equally impressed by these guys, particularly during the last game. Matthews, in particular, stood out on a few plays. There was one where he absolutely flattened the opposing right guard before chasing down the QB. With Rico's weight up to 315lb (according to him), I'm hoping he can man the NT position, backing up Johnson.