Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines Ward To Retire

CR91

Probably....

His press conference was great...he seems like a class act in how he handled his release from the steelers. I think he didn't get good enough offers from the right teams to keep him in football so he retired for the "love of the black and gold"....which I say is still is class act.

HOF? Not really a Steelers fan, but has he really done enough to warrant the HOF?

Sure, he had a long time to rack up team stats with 14 years, but he was only a pro-bowler 4x and Ive never seen him as a top calibur WR.

Just looked up his career stats over his career he averaged 71 catches 860 yards 6 tds a season ... sorry thats not really HOF material - is it?

HOF? Not really a Steelers fan, but has he really done enough to warrant the HOF?

Sure, he had a long time to rack up team stats with 14 years, but he was only a pro-bowler 4x and Ive never seen him as a top calibur WR.

Just looked up his career stats over his career he averaged 71 catches 860 yards 6 tds a season ... sorry thats not really HOF material - is it?

I'm not sure he will make it to Canton but Ward will not be remembered for his stats, thats for sure. He'll be remembered for the way he played and how he fit the Steelers almost perfectly.

he has better stats then john stallworth and lynn swain and their both in the hof

He'll be remembered for the way he played and how he fit the Steelers almost perfectly.

I totally agree with that and IMO you will get into the teams ring of honor for that, but you dont or shouldnt get into the NFL HOF based on that alone.

I always hate to guy on the field, but loved him off it. Great team player, and person. Happy retirement Hines Ward.

BTW Ward is 8th all time in receptions 18th in yards and 15 in TDs with 2 rings ( Something Carter, Moss and Owens don't have) and I believe he was the Super Bowl MVP in the first one. He's a HoF to me.