Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't understand all the doom and gloom

Mel Kiper's Hair

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

Rebuilds are not fun. I’ve almost been desensitized to losing. 

That's me as well.

To me (as of right now) they look like they're going to rely on the draft for starters this year. They don't seem like they're going to do much shopping this year.

Oh well. It is what it is as Dwight used to say.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Do you feal this way only about people who criticism?   What about those who praise? 

This is just me, but I like to pretend everything we do will be awesome until it's obvious that it's not.  :D

Or if I'm being serious, cautious optimism. 

15 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

You do not have to know with 100% certainty, to make a statement, but the statement should not be absolute or definitive.  What about this concept do you not get?

For instance, you wrote, "The Colts have gotten worse."  How do you know that?  They have not played one game.  It looks like the Titans and Jags have both improved?  Maybe, maybe not.  A lot of people thought the Colts had improved after signing Gore, Johnson, et al, how did that work out?  If you get off on having a hot take, so be it.  I prefer to let things play out, and then making a decision on whether or not any team improved.

What don't you get?   This is a forum for opinions.   If you take them as absolutes, that is on you.  I am not going to follow every one of my comments with "I believe there is a chance of this being true".

The Colts have not signed anyone.   They lost their starting RB, a starting WR and most likely Melvin.  If you don't believe they are currently worse, you are blinded.

Ballard can and most likely will fill those positions, but he hasn't yet. 

You feel the addition of Lewis and Butler doesn't improve the Titans?

You feel the addition of Norwell helps the Jags?

Again you say you want to "let things play out".   Fine, no problem.   Come back when the season is over so we can talk about how the season may go.   This is a forum for discussing the team now, not later.  

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

What don't you get?   This is a forum for opinions.   If you take them as absolutes, that is on you.  I am not going to follow every one of my comments with "I believe there is a chance of this being true".

1) The Colts have not signed anyone.   They lost their starting RB, a starting WR and most likely Melvin.  If you don't believe they are currently worse, you are blinded.

Ballard can and most likely will fill those positions, but he hasn't yet. 

2) You feel the addition of Lewis and Butler doesn't improve the Titans?

You feel the addition of Norwell helps the Jags?

Again you say you want to "let things play out".   Fine, no problem.   Come back when the season is over so we can talk about how the season may go.   This is a forum for discussing the team now, not later.  

1)  I have no idea and neither do you.

2) Probably, but see #1.

Continue on with your hot takes, if that is what floats your boat.

22 minutes ago, Jaric said:

This is just me, but I like to pretend everything we do will be awesome until it's obvious that it's not.  :D

Or if I'm being serious, cautious optimism. 

I also like to be optimistic on the players we sign.  

Denico Autry could be decent I suppose.   Don't know much about him.   He has good size at 6-5 and 275 lbs. 

It's a little worrisome that he didn't play more snaps.   Maybe getting a starting job may bring out the best of him.   $18 million is way too much for him not to be considered a starter.

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

1)  I have no idea and neither do you.

2) Probably, but see #1.

Continue on with your hot takes, if that is what floats your boat.

So you are back to needing the forum shut down because opinions are not 100% verified to be true?

What is a "hot take".   Is that code for something you do not agree with?

1 minute ago, Myles said:

1) So you are back to needing the forum shut down because opinions are not 100% verified to be true?

2) What is a "hot take".   Is that code for something you do not agree with?

1) I didn't say that.

2) Go look up the definition.

40 minutes ago, Myles said:

I also like to be optimistic on the players we sign.  

Denico Autry could be decent I suppose.   Don't know much about him.   He has good size at 6-5 and 275 lbs. 

It's a little worrisome that he didn't play more snaps.   Maybe getting a starting job may bring out the best of him.   $18 million is way too much for him not to be considered a starter.

Yeah I couldn't tell you anything about him.  So, like I said, I'll assume he's awesome till he's not lol.