Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WG 2018 Colts Mock Draft 1.0

I'm not going to deal with free agency because it is too wildly unpredictable and I just don't want to spend to much time on it, but here's the draft:

Trades:

Colts trade pick 3 to the Buffalo Bills for picks 12, 22, 53 and 2019 4th rounder.

Colts trade pick 22 to Pittsburgh Steelers for 28, 92.

The Draft:

Round 1, Pick 12 (Buf): Roquon Smith, LB, Georgia

Smith is a fantastic linebacker and will come in immediately to start in the middle. Great in coverage, he will give us that off-ball linebacker we have been needing for a long time.

Round 1, Pick 28 (Pit): Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Guice is a special RB who runs with a ton of aggression all the time. He would be a great early-down and goal-line back for a 1-2 punch with Marlon Mack.

Round 2, Pick 36: Arden Key, EDGE, LSU

Bringing in another LSU player, Key began the year as a lock for top 10, but his injuries and subsequent play while injured knocked him down. He still has a ton of talent and will fill a need.

Round 2, Pick 53 (Buf): Braden Smith, G, Auburn

A high-quality guard who can block with the best of them, Smith could come in to our atrocious offensive line room and start immediately.

Round 3, Pick 67: Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech

A stellar run-stuffing tackle with pass-rushing ability who could eventually start next to Johnathan Hankins.

Round 3, Pick 92 (Pit): Shaquem Griffin, LB, Central Florida

The feel-good story of the 2018 Draft, Griffin has proven all doubters wrong. His lack of a certain appendage will unfortunately drop him, but he could be a star if given time, or at least a high quality special teams ace.

Round 4, Pick 104: Hercules Mata'afa, EDGE, Washington State

A non-stop motor type of guy, Mata'afa would have to make the transition outside from DT due to his size, but he has the tools and mindset to make it work.

Round 5, Pick 140: Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State

A quality receiver with strong hands and a decent speed/height combination. Should be our WR3.

Round 6, Pick 178: Davontae Harris, CB, Illinois State

A big corner who can develop into a starter, but has issues with speed. Could be a solid 4th CB given time.

Round 7, Pick 221: Ed Paris, DB, LSU

A quality special teams guy for the NFL.

I feel that I have addressed most needs with this draft, with a few that should be easy to fill through free agency left alone. Thoughts?

I'm now leaning towards trading back and if we do I think you nailed the first two rounds. 

Roquan Smith has the instincts and tenacity that I look for in a linebacker. He's also a leader and high character dude. 

Arden Key has some question marks but I don't think you'll find a pass rusher with more upside in the 2nd round. I've though about Sam Hubbard but he's not as explosive as Key. 

Also love the Griffin pick. It would be a pleasure to see him to continue to prove doubters wrong in Indy. 

11 hours ago, SP_21 said:

I'm now leaning towards trading back and if we do I think you nailed the first two rounds. 

Roquan Smith has the instincts and tenacity that I look for in a linebacker. He's also a leader and high character dude. 

Arden Key has some question marks but I don't think you'll find a pass rusher with more upside in the 2nd round. I've though about Sam Hubbard but he's not as explosive as Key. 

Also love the Griffin pick. It would be a pleasure to see him to continue to prove doubters wrong in Indy. 

One of the biggests reasons I want Griffin is he’s going to have a large chip on his shoulder.  The man can ran and he proved he can catch.  He’s also a physical hitter. Love the griffin pick.  I’m not reallh high in giuce in the second I’d take Wynn or Hernandez if they are still OTB instead.  Key worries me as well.