Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Viking Injury

PrincetonTiger

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why did the Saints sign him? He looks out of place. 

Who knows...maybe Payton and GM aren't on the same page. Maybe Payton wanted to go back to a running style offense to save wear and tear on Drew. They did have a good 3 man rotation several years back with Ivory, Ingram, and Sproles...and before that with Pierre Thomas and Ingram and Bush...but yeah AP just looks slow....and it didn't seem to fit their offense. Maybe it was to sell seats...who knows..but it was a bad signing I agree. I don't think you can just turn on the running game like a light switch...you just don't change your culture overnight....too many years of Brees in shotgun throwing it around to suddenly line up your lineman and say we are going to run the ball and change the offense..imo.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:13 AM, dgambill said:

I'm sure a majority on this board would...but I wouldn't...he is one of the best free agent acquisitions we've made in recent years...certainly one of Grigson's best. He is a pro's pro....and you can see when you get him a head of steam like on those screen passes...secondary doesn't want to tackle the dude. He is a load to bring down.

Vikings fans believe that since Luck is expected back, the Colts would not trade Gore. From what I am reading on the forum, Luck may not be back for several weeks. I don't follow the Colts the way you and other Colts fans do. What are you hearing/reading about Luck's return?

Just a hypothetical question:  If the Vikings and Colts are open to a trade of Gore to the Vikings, who on the Vikings roster would you like? (Only one player) 

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Vikings fans believe that since Luck is expected back, the Colts would not trade Gore. From what I am reading on the forum, Luck may not be back for several weeks. I don't follow the Colts the way you and other Colts fans do. What are you hearing/reading about Luck's return?

Just a hypothetical question:  If the Vikings and Colts are open to a trade of Gore to the Vikings, who on the Vikings roster would you like? (Only one player) 

Dr. Chao (former heady physician of the San Diego Chargers / orthopedic surgeon) has be mentioning for many months it will take Andrew Luck around 4 weeks in team drills / practice to get 'football' ready.  He's predicting A. Luck will play October 29 game or maybe even the Nov 5 game vs. the Texans.

Because of the conservative nature in Lucks rehab, some fans have resorted themselves to seeing him for Pittsburgh, the re-evaluating him over the bye week..

One way or another, the NFL trade deadline for 2017 is October 31, 2017 at 4:00 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time. So, there is a chance Luck may not play until after the trade deadline.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think Gore is on the trade market. He has been a stand up guy for the team and honestly we have no one to replace him. Mack isn't even healthy and Turbin is what he is...a professional back up but nothing special. Given Gores value I don't think we could ask for much. Nobody is giving up lineman so I would say we would ask for a wr....we need one in my opinion. Aiken has been as expected...meaning he isn't a playmaker...Moncrief is very inconsistent..and TY just is getting so much attention its difficult to get him the ball. You wouldn't give him up but maybe Lequan Treadwell....he hasn't been involved at all in your offense for two years...doesn't look good but maybe we could find a place for him in that Rogers role we had last year (send him down the field and throw it up). Maybe Mackensie Alexander...another young guy that hasn't panned out yet...I would think we would want youth since that has been Ballards mo. Honestly I don't think a trade player for player would work....more likely say a 4th/5th rounder would be Gores value. I think you guys will get good play out of Murray. He played well in Oakland the last couple years. He isn't as explosive as Cook obviously but if you can continue to throw the ball well if he doesn't have to run against a heavy box I think he will be adequate. I hear DeAngelo Williams on the radio all the time still looking for a team...maybe check to see if he is still in shape...he stepped in for a few weeks every year in Pittsburgh and played well.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Dr. Chao (former heady physician of the San Diego Chargers / orthopedic surgeon) has be mentioning for many months it will take Andrew Luck around 4 weeks in team drills / practice to get 'football' ready.  He's predicting A. Luck will play October 29 game or maybe even the Nov 5 game vs. the Texans.

Because of the conservative nature in Lucks rehab, some fans have resorted themselves to seeing him for Pittsburgh, the re-evaluating him over the bye week..

One way or another, the NFL trade deadline for 2017 is October 31, 2017 at 4:00 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time. So, there is a chance Luck may not play until after the trade deadline.

I tend to lean this way too with his time table. Our record won't play into his return time table. I think he need several weeks of practice to get into game shape (speed/rythem/shoulder strength). I know most people are pointing towards the Jaguar game at home in a couple weeks but I just think that is too soon. Everything has progressed so slow I see no reason he wouldn't have at least a month of practice before playing...but then again who knows...the information around this whole thing has been very iffy at best. Its why so many have been upset with the Colts about not giving out more information about Lucks progress...no videos of him throwing or working out...just nothing really...so your guess is as good as mine honestly.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don't think Gore is on the trade market. He has been a stand up guy for the team and honestly we have no one to replace him. Mack isn't even healthy and Turbin is what he is...a professional back up but nothing special. Given Gores value I don't think we could ask for much. Nobody is giving up lineman so I would say we would ask for a wr....we need one in my opinion. Aiken has been as expected...meaning he isn't a playmaker...Moncrief is very inconsistent..and TY just is getting so much attention its difficult to get him the ball. You wouldn't give him up but maybe Lequan Treadwell....he hasn't been involved at all in your offense for two years...doesn't look good but maybe we could find a place for him in that Rogers role we had last year (send him down the field and throw it up). Maybe Mackensie Alexander...another young guy that hasn't panned out yet...I would think we would want youth since that has been Ballards mo. Honestly I don't think a trade player for player would work....more likely say a 4th/5th rounder would be Gores value. I think you guys will get good play out of Murray. He played well in Oakland the last couple years. He isn't as explosive as Cook obviously but if you can continue to throw the ball well if he doesn't have to run against a heavy box I think he will be adequate. I hear DeAngelo Williams on the radio all the time still looking for a team...maybe check to see if he is still in shape...he stepped in for a few weeks every year in Pittsburgh and played well.

I tend to lean this way too with his time table. Our record won't play into his return time table. I think he need several weeks of practice to get into game shape (speed/rythem/shoulder strength). I know most people are pointing towards the Jaguar game at home in a couple weeks but I just think that is too soon. Everything has progressed so slow I see no reason he wouldn't have at least a month of practice before playing...but then again who knows...the information around this whole thing has been very iffy at best. Its why so many have been upset with the Colts about not giving out more information about Lucks progress...no videos of him throwing or working out...just nothing really...so your guess is as good as mine honestly.

Thanks. I appreciate thoughtful comments by you, ColtsBlueFL and others here. 

We signed Stevan Ridley. I'm not excited by that move. Someone had suggested Jeremy McNichols off the 49ers practice squad. I might have preferred him.

I will take Gore for Treadwell. One of my favorite guys is Jarious Wright but we don't use him much. When we need to get a 1st down, I feel confident if the ball is thrown to Wright. All he does is get first downs.

I don't think we are giving up on Alexander yet. What about Wayne's? 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I appreciate thoughtful comments by you, ColtsBlueFL and others here. 

We signed Stevan Ridley. I'm not excited by that move. Someone had suggested Jeremy McNichols off the 49ers practice squad. I might have preferred him.

I will take Gore for Treadwell. One of my favorite guys is Jarious Wright but we don't use him much. When we need to get a 1st down, I feel confident if the ball is thrown to Wright. All he does is get first downs.

I don't think we are giving up on Alexander yet. What about Wayne's? 

Possibly...who knows...I think we are grasping at straws honestly...we can't afford to give up our best back and I think you guys signed Murray for this very reason last offseason...so I think both sides would find it hard to make a move. I like Murray...I'd say give him a chance. He always had a nose for the endzone and is a good down hill runner.

55 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Possibly...who knows...I think we are grasping at straws honestly...we can't afford to give up our best back and I think you guys signed Murray for this very reason last offseason...so I think both sides would find it hard to make a move. I like Murray...I'd say give him a chance. He always had a nose for the endzone and is a good down hill runner.

Okay. 

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

You staying out of the Cam Newton thread. Your point of view is always enlightening...I don't want to derail this thread but just wondering.

Lol. I have not been on the forum much today, but that is a bit of a political discussion. I have gotten into too many political discussions, much more than I am comfortable with. Unfortunately, few people want to consider all sides. I might write something. Let me go and see what is written there. (Btw, I am not a fan of women or men in locker rooms. I think the players need privacy. I would not feel comfortable in the locker room with naked people. JMO. haha)

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I have not been on the forum much today, but that is a bit of a political discussion. I have gotten into too many political discussions, much more than I am comfortable with. Unfortunately, few people want to consider all sides. I might write something. Let me go and see what is written there. (Btw, I am not a fan of women or men in locker rooms. I think the players need privacy. I would not feel comfortable in the locker room with naked people. JMO. haha)

I agree. They have these things called "media rooms" for a reason. Also players need to compose themselves after a tough game. I don't blame you not wanting to respond to the drama. Being one of the few female opinions on this site I valued your views. Thanks for posting!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I agree. They have these things called "media rooms" for a reason. Also players need to compose themselves after a tough game. I don't blame you not wanting to respond to the drama. Being one of the few female opinions on this site I valued your views. Thanks for posting!

Ah, I could not stop myself. I wrote several comments this morning. I mentioned you! 

Thanks for your kind words. 

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Ah, I could not stop myself. I wrote several comments this morning. I mentioned you! 

Thanks for your kind words. 

No worries....been in many locker rooms in my days playing sports....I hope no one saw the way we acted in there lol!!!! Talk about juvenile......the antics and stunts...and yes the language and nakedness....it was pretty obscene.

On 10/5/2017 at 6:42 AM, NFLfan said:

interesting proposal, but it would leave us without a #1 running back

it would have to be a proven starter and a position of great need.  i cant think of a trade that would make sense for both teams

19 hours ago, aaron11 said:

interesting proposal, but it would leave us without a #1 running back

it would have to be a proven starter and a position of great need.  i cant think of a trade that would make sense for both teams

Thanks for the reply. What are your positions of need?

The Colts most likely will not trade Gore. I was just wondering what Colts fans thought of parting with him and what they would want in exchange for him. I expected Colts fans to ask for Xavier Rhodes. haha  Some here wanted the Colts to draft LB Eric Kendricks a couple of years ago. We also have some good D linemen. I'm not sure who I'd want to part with. I'll give you a draft pick.