Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Desmond King

6 minutes ago, CodyFleenher said:

Wish we would have picked Desmond King at the end of the fourth...  I think it would have been better than Nate Hairston.  O well... First post!!!!! GO COLTS!!! 

Desmond King vs. Nate Hairston 

Thoughts? 

King doesn't prevent us from getting Hairston. He was picked in the 5th round, before we picked Hairston. I would have taken Hairston still.  

As to the OP, he fell for multiple reasons. He's unathletic and doesn't have a good body to be a CB(undersized). Many people probably think that he's maxed out his potential at CB. Many teams also want to move him to safety, where he's never played a snap before. 

Projection based player.

Doesn't have the athletic ability that a lot of teams are after. I think he's definitely a Safety prospect rather than a CB, although from what Mayock was saying yesterday, he apparently doesn't want to move to Safety and wants to stay at CB. He has ball skills but right now I'm not sure where he fits on a team. And I think a lot of NFL teams agreed with that.

15 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

King doesn't prevent us from getting Hairston. He was picked in the 5th round, before we picked Hairston. I would have taken Hairston still.  

I was saying we should have drafted King w any of our 4th round picks.  And switched the Hairston pick to whichever we passed on.  

Example of what I wanted to happen would be in the fourth taking Banner, Mack, King.  Then in the 5th instead of taking Hairston take DT G Stewart then Anthony Walker Jr. 

King>Hairston 

I hope I'm wrong.  Go COLTS!!!