Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper lists biggest Draft Reaches....

This post is not to say that Mel is right and the team is wrong,   or vice versa....

It's only to stress that everyone sees the same thing differently....      this is also especially true the further away you get from the first round.

And it's not just this way with Kiper....     the same applies to McShay,  Jeremiah,  Brooks,  Brandt,  you name it....     we value skills differently and we see performance differently....       that's why scouting is such an inexact science....

I'm cutting and pasting this segment....    this is NOT the whole article....     just one small section....

Biggest reaches based on my board

• The Seahawks have their own style of defensive system, but safety Delano Hill was No. 295 on my board. Seattle took him at No. 95. Defensive tackle Nazair Jones went at 102, and he is No. 186 on my board.

•  

• Wide receiver Kenny Golladay is No. 277 on my board. The Lions took him at No. 96. He can track the ball and has some size (6-4, 218), but I don't see it in the third round.

• Oakland is betting on a return to form for defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes, who looked like a first-round talent in 2015. Injuries derailed his career at UCLA. He is my No. 159 on my board, and the Raiders took him at No. 88.

•  

• I thought Texas A&M defensive end Daeshon Hall, who played on the other side of top pick Myles Garrett, would be a fourth- or fifth-round pick. The Panthers took him at No. 77.

•  

• Tight end Jonnu Smith went at No. 100 to the Titans, but Jake Butt, Cole Hikutini, Bucky HodgesEric Saubert were all still on the board. He is No. 164 on my board.