Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scouting project -- anyone interested?

So we all have responsibilities, but most of us love watching tape on draftbreakdown and breaking down players. I know there have been suggestions that we do a collaborative project, but most of them have been a little too involved for most of us casuals to commit to.

My idea is we pick one player, and we all submit a "report" on that player. I think it would be cool to see a bunch of different opinions, but all based on the same film and in the same format. We can use the format I typically use for write-ups, which I stole from Dustin. 

It has to be someone who has plenty of games on DB, and I would prefer someone who worked out at the Combine. There are some controversial players, but I think most people have their minds made up on them (Taco, Peppers, etc.) I would prefer it not be a defensive back or receiver, since their tape is usually short and a lot of it is off screen. 

Anyone game? If we get at least 3-4 people, it would be diverse. More than that is welcome.

James Conner I'm going to start a report on. His story is incredible battling cancer. I would like the Colts to select him. He wasn't 100% last season. This year I believe our staff can get him back to recovery. He is has tremendous size, strength abs abilities. 

On 3/22/2017 at 5:01 PM, twfish said:

I'm down. I love breaking down players but it can be difficult to do at times. But things have finally slowed down for me somewhat so until planting gets real heavy I'll be good.

On 3/22/2017 at 6:22 PM, a06cc said:

James Conner I'm going to start a report on. His story is incredible battling cancer. I would like the Colts to select him. He wasn't 100% last season. This year I believe our staff can get him back to recovery. He is has tremendous size, strength abs abilities. 

On 3/23/2017 at 0:10 PM, NorthernBlue said:

If I get time, I'd love to take a crack at it. I'm no you or Dustin but I think I could contribute. We'll see.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:58 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

@SupermanSure, why not?  Do we each pick an individual player (i.e. you scout Watson, I scout Trubisky)?  Or we all scout the same player?  I don't have a preference either way, just curious.

Let's do James Conner. Any objections? And can everyone get theirs done within the next week or so?

This is the format I use for RBs: http://forums.colts.com/topic/50634-scouting-notes-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon/ 

4 minutes ago, twfish said:

Absolutely. We should copy and paste it too you in PM that way they aren't changed after reading other "scouts" opinions?

Don't tell anybody I told you, but mods can see every post's edit history. So if anyone makes substantial changes for weird reasons, they'll be disqualified and won't be able to win the prize money.*

*There's no prize money.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Don't tell anybody I told you, but mods can see every post's edit history. So if anyone makes substantial changes for weird reasons, they'll be disqualified and won't be able to win the prize money.*

*There's no prize money.

I was talking more submit it too you and then when all have submitted you post it as 1 thread. Just thinking out loud of course lol

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Let's do James Conner. Any objections? And can everyone get theirs done within the next week or so?

This is the format I use for RBs: http://forums.colts.com/topic/50634-scouting-notes-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon/ 

Yeah I'm sorry I'm gonna have to back out. I just got blitzed by assignments and other life responsibilities.:groan:

Sucks cause I actually really wanted to do this. Oh well.