Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Cutler back to Denver?

oldunclemark

I'm seeing this suggestion on Denver web suites.......scary

He's 34 and has won as many playoff games at Tony Romo.

New offensive coordinator to work with and two 1,000 yard receivers...

Undisputed arm strength.....had his best year in Denver...

Tell me this wont happen..  please

Pleasantly surprised at this topic starting off with an accurate description of Jay Cutler lol! He's got talent to spare with a semi competent team around him. The Bears have had 1 of the worst OLs for most of his years there. John Fox has stopped the bleeding but the Bears are still a mess which isn't on Jay.

Any chance he has in Denver is just 2010 Randy Moss in Minnesota esque dreaming though. Him and John Elway seem like the 2 less likely people to hit it off, and we all know many decisions are personal with John. I don't know how much longer the Broncos will continue to overachieve outside of the quarterback position anyway. It could get ugly there quick. 

3 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Pleasantly surprised at this topic starting off with an accurate description of Jay Cutler lol! He's got talent to spare with a semi competent team around him. The Bears have had 1 of the worst OLs for most of his years there. John Fox has stopped the bleeding but the Bears are still a mess which isn't on Jay.

Any chance he has in Denver is just 2010 Randy Moss in Minnesota esque dreaming though. Him and John Elway seem like the 2 less likely people to hit it off, and we all know many decisions are personal with John. I don't know how much longer the Broncos will continue to overachieve outside of the quarterback position anyway. It could get ugly there quick. 

Remember...Elway was talking to Colin K last year..had him up to his house

Denver still has the NFL"s best pass defense ...I dont think they overachieved there..becausee they were seldom ahead early

........I would bet that the Broncos don't go into next season with Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian as 1 and 2

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

12 dozen teams don't have vet QBs.

Jay Cutler will be starting for somebody next year....he is not retiring

Don't put any money on it, back up at best like the rest of the losers that get paid to sit. If there is one person out there that thinks Elway would start him that one person is a tapeworm.

41 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Don't put any money on it, back up at best like the rest of the losers that get paid to sit. If there is one person out there that thinks Elway would start him that one person is a tapeworm.

Cutler would start for the Jets or Bills......Washington if they lose Cousins

This is like wondering if the Colts would've took back Jeff George after his stint with Atlanta...Cutler is our modern day Jeff George. Just subtract a bit of his passing yardage numbers and their stats are almost identical. 

It ain't gonna happen. Elway will go after Romo before he goes for Cutler. 

Cutler's time in Chicago is probably the most wasted of a quarterback in recent memory. He was supposed to be the guy there, and all he's going to be remembered for is getting in the NFCCG and quitting on his team while a few backups put better stats up than he did in that game. 

2 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

This is like wondering if the Colts would've took back Jeff George after his stint with Atlanta...Cutler is our modern day Jeff George. Just subtract a bit of his passing yardage numbers and their stats are almost identical. 

It ain't gonna happen. Elway will go after Romo before he goes for Cutler. 

Cutler's time in Chicago is probably the most wasted of a quarterback in recent memory. He was supposed to be the guy there, and all he's going to be remembered for is getting in the NFCCG and quitting on his team while a few backups put better stats up than he did in that game. 

You are on a roll today, I agree 100%

Every Bear from Urlacher to Halas' corpse came out and took up for Cutler after he got hurt in 2010. Sorry but that whole quitting thing is a myth, something I would think Colts fans could identify with since there are a few of their own still looming.

He does have similarities with Jeff George though.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:50 PM, oldunclemark said:

I'm seeing this suggestion on Denver web suites.......scary

He's 34 and has won as many playoff games at Tony Romo.

New offensive coordinator to work with and two 1,000 yard receivers...

Undisputed arm strength.....had his best year in Denver...

Tell me this wont happen..  please

Denver has just invested a #1 in Paxton Lynch and still likes Trevor Simien.     

While I wouldn't rule out an interest in Tony Romo,   I'm confident that any interest in Jay Cutler is the longest of long shots....

I do not see the happening....