Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Other injury updates

snkdy

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, krunk said:

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

Pagano says the Colts will absolutely use all three safeties together (Mike Adams, Clayton Geathers and T.J. Green) going forward.

I can kind of see why we are carrying 5 safeties on the roster this year now.

Well when you don't have any ILBs that can cover you kind of have to do this. Geathers is a good fit playing LB on passing downs.

I'll be glad if Clark plays, we don't draft a player in early 3rd round to be afraid to play him.

Better to have him play than aging vets or players that have extremely limited ceiling due to poor measurables.

We have had a laundry list of the latter:

Mathis and Cole - aging and past prime

Walden - limited size and speed, not going to be mistaken for a quarter of a Von Miller any day.

Bjoern Werner - poor athletic ability

David Parry - undersized, short arms, limited pass rush skills

Austin Blythe - undersized, short arms, poor athletic ability

AQ Shipley - see Austin Blythe

NyQuil Jackson and Antonio Morrison - poor measurables, poor pass coverage ability.

The team needs some physical freaks that don't get overmatched all the time on the field. e.g. Jamie Collins doing backflips at 250 lbs. Or Dontari Poe running a 4.9 at 350 lbs while benching 44 reps of 225. We tried to go that route with Laron Landry but learned that he was a juice head with no football ability.

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

I'll be glad if Clark plays, we don't draft a player in early 3rd round to be afraid to play him.

Better to have him play than aging vets or players that have extremely limited ceiling due to poor measurables.

Walden - limited size and speed, not going to be mistaken for a quarter of a Von Miller any day.

NyQuil Jackson and Antonio Morrison - poor measurables, poor pass coverage ability.

The team needs some physical freaks that don't get overmatched all the time on the field. e.g. Jamie Collins doing backflips at 250 lbs. Or Dontari Poe running a 4.9 at 350 lbs while benching 44 reps of 225. We tried to go that route with Laron Landry but learned that he was a juice head with no football ability.

Werner ? Is not a Colt .

7 hours ago, krunk said:

Still a chance Clark could end up playing and that scares me. Brings back nightmares of that Philly preseason game although the Jags dont have the same pass rushers as Philly. I'm hoping hes gotten better.

Me too.  Clark makes me very nervous.  Certainly not ready for such an important position when Andrew is out there. 

On 9/21/2016 at 11:52 AM, krunk said:

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

Pagano says the Colts will absolutely use all three safeties together (Mike Adams, Clayton Geathers and T.J. Green) going forward.

I can kind of see why we are carrying 5 safeties on the roster this year now.

That's cool, but if we had an ILB that could actually cover, we wouldn't need to run all 3 at the same time.

Then Geathers could be used less. I love the way he plays, but I think he hits so hard, he gets injured more. Like Bob Sanders, just not as injured as much. 

9 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Or you draft him early in the 3rd because he's a physical freak with huge potential that was used in a college system that is nothing like what he'll see in the pros. He's not ready yet, so it is a little scary if he's starting